Deanzmeanzheinz

Andy Devlin - Signing Targets

3 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

If Gerrard goes spunking 3/4m on Skrtel then alarm bells will start ringing. 

I think 750k is a decent price for Skrtel to be fair :sherlock:

Being serious though I agree about alarm bells  as 3 or 4m is mental.

We can't be paying that much, must be usual media pish.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I don't really get a good feeling about the Burke, Goldson and McBurnie .. just reservations about them being that top level that we need - or maybe it's just because they are listed alongside names like Skrtl, Defoe, Lucas, Torres that it's making me think that way?

Goldson looks a unit and by all accounts is a player, 25 as well. Along side Skrtel, McCrorie and I think Gerrard will keep Alves. Decent mix of experience and youth. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Goldson looks a unit and by all accounts is a player, 25 as well. Along side Skrtel, McCrorie and I think Gerrard will keep Alves. Decent mix of experience and youth. 

Well need more CBs than that tbf if it’s true that Gerrard likes to use 3ATB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar1872 said:

:rofl::rofl:in actual tears

No you weren’t.

19 minutes ago, Siwel said:

The fuck is this monstrosity 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

3 at the back

21 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Changed the under 19's to 3 at the back in Liverpool and had success with it so would not rule it out.

12 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Sounds like a shitey boy band

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Changed the under 19's to 3 at the back in Liverpool and had success with it so would not rule it out.

I've always liked that formation provided you've got 3 comfortable, capable, center backs and a couple of decent wingers (Candaies and Murphy aren't everyone's cup of tea but If we've got 3 solid defenders, they would do the SPL provided we've got some class acts at center midfield which we will obviously have to buy)

It's a formation that has merit but only if there's good players in the right spots

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've always liked that formation provided you've got 3 comfortable, capable, center backs and a couple of decent wingers (Candaies and Murphy aren't everyone's cup of tea but If we've got 3 solid defenders, they would do the SPL provided we've got some class acts at center midfield which we will obviously have to buy)

It's a formation that has merit but only if there's good players in the right spots

If done correctly it can be very effective but can be equally catastrophic if not, my big worry about playing 3 at the back is when injuries and suspensions start to mount up the big question is will Gerrard change or be stubborn like the previous couple of managers ?

Just now, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

If done correctly it can be very effective but can be equally catastrophic if not, my big worry about playing 3 at the back is when injuries and suspensions start to mount up the big question is will Gerrard change or be stubborn like the previous couple of managers ?

Aye that's a fair point regarding injuries and suspensions. You'd probably have to have 5 quality, capable center backs so we've always get 3 to play at any one time.

Since Moore, Amoruso, Weir, Cuellar, Bougherra we've struggled to get 1 decent center back never mind 5 for a new system.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’d like to see us playing Murphy down the middle for a spell he seems more effective there. Candeias suits that kind of role perfectly tho he’s actually very decent defensively.

46 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Yeah I hadn’t thought of that good point. 

On 17/05/2018 at 17:36, Smell the hotdog said:

If Gerrard goes spunking 3/4m on Skrtel then alarm bells will start ringing. 

images panic.jpg

• Like 1

On 17/05/2018 at 13:16, TMB said:

celtic fans said the same thing when they signed Ian Wright.  Scored a ton of goals down South and would bang them in for fun up here.

Ian Wright struggled and was fit prior to signing for the taigs. His hilarious injury wasn’t down to any prior fitness issues.

Defoe has only managed 11 games this season through injury, is 36yo and on £60kpw with a season left on his deal.

Unless he is free and taking a massive pay cut I wouldn’t be buying him.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2018 at 21:19, Leeds_Bear said:

Assuming there is nothing wrong with his ticker he would be a very good addition.

On 17/05/2018 at 14:00, bluchoo said:

Would be our version of when celtic signed Ian Wright

Forgive me if i am wrong but i felt that post had racist undertones.

• Like 1