Deanzmeanzheinz

Andy Devlin - Signing Targets

Andy Devlin reporting various signing targets - 

Skrtel, Lucas and Defoe with bids in or being prepared for Reece Burke at West Ham, Goldson at Brighton and Oli McBurnie

If only we had a transfer forum...

So he's just read the transfer forum on here then 

1 minute ago, Muz333 said:

If only we had a transfer forum...

if only...

I'd take them all and skoosh the league 

35 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Imagine the amount of goals Defoe would score up here

How many times have we heard that about premier league strikers who are past their best.

Mcburnie is lazy journalism, he likes Rangers, we have new gaffer, 2+2= definite interest 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mcburnie is lazy journalism, he likes Rangers, we have new gaffer, 2+2= definite interest 

We were interested in January.

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Might be lazy but it’s logical. Part of Allen’s strategy is clearly identifying players who play at a good level and support us. 

1 hour ago, Parlaneloyal said:

How many times has this been said before about ex premier league strikers. james beattie springs to mind.

Nice mix of youth and experience 

2 hours ago, soulboy said:

So he's just read the transfer forum on here then 

celtic fans said the same thing when they signed Ian Wright.  Scored a ton of goals down South and would bang them in for fun up here.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

How many times has this been said before about ex premier league strikers. james beattie springs to mind.

Defoe is at a different level to Beattie and a totally different style. He is still scoring goals in the EPL so he is a current premier league striker. 

It appears Bournemouth are keen to keep him. If he were to come he would be an upgrade on what we have currently.

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

celtic fans said the same thing when they signed Ian Wright.  Scored a ton of goals down South and would bang them in for fun up here.

Wright was like Andy Gray though, running in sand. Defoe doesn't strike me as being particularly slow.

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Nice mix of youth and experience 

Spot on I saw someone pointing out we are linked with 5 players over 30....I wouldn't mind a team with 3/4 over 30s, we need experience in the team as well as a good bit of youth with running power, combine that with the mid 20s group and you have a good balanced squad. 👍

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Spot on I saw someone pointing out we are linked with 5 players over 30....I wouldn't mind a team with 3/4 over 30s, we need experience in the team as well as a good bit of youth with running power, combine that with the mid 20s group and you have a good balanced squad. 👍

To me its not just about experience but build as well. 

We could do with some strong and forceful guys instead of young ones who shit out and built like twigs... 

36 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Defoe is at a different level to Beattie and a totally different style. He is still scoring goals in the EPL so he is a current premier league striker. 

It appears Bournemouth are keen to keep him. If he were to come he would be an upgrade on what we have currently.

He's only managed 4 goals this season and has had a lot of injury problems.

We've been burned before by taking risks on older premier league players with the expectation they will walk Scottish football.

He's also on 65k a week with Bournemouth. They aren't going to loan him out and not expect us to pick up a chunk of his wage.

3 hours ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Would be our version of when celtic signed Ian Wright

I don't really get a good feeling about the Burke, Goldson and McBurnie .. just reservations about them being that top level that we need - or maybe it's just because they are listed alongside names like Skrtl, Defoe, Lucas, Torres that it's making me think that way?

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

He's only managed 4 goals this season and has had a lot of injury problems.

We've been burned before by taking risks on older premier league players with the expectation they will walk Scottish football.

He's also on 65k a week with Bournemouth. They aren't going to loan him out and not expect us to pick up a chunk of his wage.

He has had a fractured ankle which ruled him out for a chunk of the season. 

As I said, Bournemouth seem keen to keep him. My points were he is better than we have and a totally different player from James Beattie so the comparison isn't relevant. I, personally, doubt we'll see him up here (unless Bournemouth fancy a friendly at Ibrox).