Players you didn't/don't rate but everybody else seemed to?

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Thomson, Davis, Bartley,  Rossiter and Murphy.

Was right about Garner, Black, Shiels, Barton and Dorrans when people raved over those signings.

Gave me the dry boke to see Ian Black wearing our jersey. Still cringe when I think of it.

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Loads ..

Some of these were OK just more over-rated rather than not rating them outright...

Papac, Hemdani, Bates, Jack, Rossiter, Andrews, Broadfoot, Taverneir, McPherson, Watterus, Edu, Petric, Bjorklund, Johansson, Vidmar, Konterman, Beasley, Spackman, A.Rae.

Some of them did jobs so I'm not saying I never rated them at all, just not that highly. Not all of them were highly rated by everyone either. 

Your 1st pick would be mine, don't get me wrong Papac was a good defender, I just remember him always getting to the back post when we were attacking and he would fuck it more times than not.

19 hours ago, Inigo said:

Essentially this thread could be renamed players you didny rate but in relation to whom you had no idea what you were talking about. We all have those players.

Klos, Stevens, Arteta and Hutton are doozies.

Agree with the first 3, but Hutton actually was dreadful. A white Tav that cost us a lot more goals than he was involved in getting.How the Hell we got 9 million for him I'll never know. Dembele Dollars spring to mind.

19 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I couldn’t take to him.  He was  solid enough but never really outstanding. 

I think that pass back against them is what he wil be remembered by, he was fit as fuck the way he got up and down that touch line . But fair enough and honest point of view from you ?

43 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I think that pass back against them is what he wil be remembered by, he was fit as fuck the way he got up and down that touch line . But fair enough and honest point of view from you ?

I remember reading something back in the day that said he was hands down the fittest player at our club for sometime. He’d win the “bleep” tests and all the endurance stints all the time  

Tell you what though if he was in our team now I’d love the guy that’s for sure  

:lol:

On 17/05/2018 at 14:06, StaunchLondonGer said:

I like it!  I'm gonna go for...

'Players who started well then went off the boil a bit but latterly came good again and were sold on for a decent wedge thus ultimately representing sound value for the club'

Bastard, I was going to go for that!!!

ok mine would be

‘Players you were excited to sign only to discover they went elsewhere but then finally did sign for us later in their career  and you wish they hadn’t as they turned out shit and you wanted them to fuck off anywhere else ASAP’

13 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why has he had a dig at us in the press?

Nah nothing specific. Just the undertone I get from him. 

Here's an example when we were properly in the shit: "I am not interested. Simple as that. It is nothing to do with me, I don't need to say anything. The only person I am interested in is my brother." [Grant Adam was on our books at the time]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/Rangers/9116443/Liverpools-Charlie-Adam-says-he-is-not-interested-in-Rangers-plight.html

Maybe cos we loaned him out and didn't really see his potential...  

4 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Nah nothing specific. Just the undertone I get from him. 

Here's an example when we were properly in the shit: "I am not interested. Simple as that. It is nothing to do with me, I don't need to say anything. The only person I am interested in is my brother." [Grant Adam was on our books at the time]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/Rangers/9116443/Liverpools-Charlie-Adam-says-he-is-not-interested-in-Rangers-plight.html

Maybe cos we loaned him out and didn't really see his potential...  

Ah well, if he didn’t like us then fair enough. Feeling was mutual :lol:

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Darren McGregor is one ... thought he was beyond shite and some people still thought he was good

Was good at winning headers if the ball was coming straight at him crosses from either side he was poor at also liked to let the man run off him a lot.

3 hours ago, ronniescu said:

Agree with the first 3, but Hutton actually was dreadful. A white Tav that cost us a lot more goals than he was involved in getting.How the Hell we got 9 million for him I'll never know. Dembele Dollars spring to mind.

Hutton was epic for about 12 to 18 months mate. Like, better than anything we've had epic. There's no denying that. Doing it against the likes of Lyon, Stuttgart, France and Italy as well. Much, much stronger defender than Tav too. 

That was from the age of about 22, so before then he was a kid and still pretty decent considering he was developing.

'Dembele dollars' doesny really work in this case, seeing as we actually got the cash. I think the fact we got 9 million maybe suggests you missed something with him, which is fair enough as it is the point of the thread and we've all been there. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Hutton was epic for about 12 to 18 months mate. Like, better than anything we've had epic. There's no denying that. Doing it against the likes of Lyon, Stuttgart, France and Italy as well. Much, much stronger defender than Tav too. 

That was from the age of about 22, so before then he was a kid and still pretty decent considering he was developing.

'Dembele dollars' doesny really work in this case, seeing as we actually got the cash. I think the fact we got 9 million maybe suggests you missed something with him, which is fair enough as it is the point of the thread and we've all been there. 

He was unplayable at a time, the startled otter proved everyone wrong.

Was he a success elsewhere?

10 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He was unplayable at a time, the startled otter proved everyone wrong.

Was he a success elsewhere?

I'd say he's had a successful career. Not as good as you'd have hoped he'd go on to, but successful nonetheless.

He was literally unplayable at times. Against top quality opposition as well.