Players you didn't/don't rate but everybody else seemed to?

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Seems right to post this in this thread.

Flipping the thread on it's head I have to admit to rating Sebo. He became a joke figure amongst the opposition and a cult hero amongst our own. There's a reason for that cult hero status and it wasn't just his work-rate and speed. Sebo had incredible talent. Very skilful with the ball but always seemed to snatch at the ball in front of the goals. A couple of valium would have sorted him out.

Controversial but better than Morelos.

Absolute rubbish. 

18 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

This thread is ideal for identifying posters who’s footballing opinion you can immediately discount in the future. Some absolute crack pots in here :lol:

Is that not the idea of the thread though? Who against popular opinion did you find over-rated? If we all agreed on who was great and who was shite there’d be no need for the majority of stuff posted on this forum as everything would go without saying 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Is that not the idea of the thread though? Who against popular opinion did you find over-rated? If we all agreed on who was great and who was shite there’d be no need for the majority of stuff posted on this forum as everything would go without saying 

You just made the list.

2 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Absolute rubbish. 

The thread is made for controversial opinions. You obviously never seen Sebo play for us in the flesh if you're questioning his talent. The guy was skilful but it just never really happened for him with us. IIRC he never really got an extended run of games to get going, being used more often than not as the pointless 85th minute sub.

44 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

The thread is made for controversial opinions. You obviously never seen Sebo play for us in the flesh if you're questioning his talent. The guy was skilful but it just never really happened for him with us. IIRC he never really got an extended run of games to get going, being used more often than not as the pointless 85th minute sub.

You’re at it. 

Maurice Edu for me. Not rated by the majority of fans tbf,  but the hype in the media when we were initially going for him was ridiculous. The guy couldn't pass a ball 5 yards yet we (reportedly) paid a few million for him. :headscratch: He got found out big time when he went to Stoke though.  

1 hour ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Maurice Edu for me. Not rated by the majority of fans tbf,  but the hype in the media when we were initially going for him was ridiculous. The guy couldn't pass a ball 5 yards yet we (reportedly) paid a few million for him. :headscratch: He got found out big time when he went to Stoke though.  

I fucking hated Edu. Only player I've ever seen nutmegged from 30yrds. 

On 17/05/2018 at 14:26, K.A.I said:

Loads ..

Some of these were OK just more over-rated rather than not rating them outright...

Papac, Hemdani, Bates, Jack, Rossiter, Andrews, Broadfoot, Taverneir, McPherson, Watterus, Edu, Petric, Bjorklund, Johansson, Vidmar, Konterman, Beasley, Spackman, A.Rae.

Some of them did jobs so I'm not saying I never rated them at all, just not that highly. Not all of them were highly rated by everyone either. 

Have to pull you up for papac.  He was a brilliant player for us, the only thing PLG done right even though he signed him for a centre back. 

On 17/05/2018 at 15:37, DariuszAdamczuk said:

I’m sure there’s a lot more but off the top of my head I can think of

Klos (Distribution and command of his box were non existent)

Boyd

Hutton

Bougherra 

John Fleck

Darcheville

Adam

Lee Wallace

Steven Davis

Chris Burke

Garner

Waghorn

Windass

Foderingham

Bougherra?  Wit shite are you talking man. :lol: Nah that’s another one I’m pulling up. 

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Bougherra?  Wit shite are you talking man. :lol: Nah that’s another one I’m pulling up. 

As good as he could be at times he was a fucking bombscare at times with the Cruyff turns and that, some people thought Amoruso was gash because he thought he was Beckenbauer, Bougherra had the same attitude but less ability. Thankfully had Weir beside him 

In saying that, I’d have him back in a heart beat if he’s still half the player he was given the state of our defence the now. 

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Have to pull you up for papac.  He was a brilliant player for us, the only thing PLG done right even though he signed him for a centre back. 

Have to pull you up for being gay