Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Youssouf Mulumbu (Kilmarnock)

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I can see Docherty being loaned out.

Good shout. Back to Hamilton probably, the whole deal seemed very amicable.

• Like 1

Just now, K.A.I said:

I don't really wanna be "that guy" but lumberjack's chop tree's down with saws and stuff, they don't uproot them from the soil.

Well I'm no a lumberjack either.

• Like 1

Can he play centre back?

He's looked good when I've seen him against us.

Bossed both our midfield and scums midfield.

We need a strong DM and he seems like a good shout.

Very meh about this one

Good signing. I'm in the total overhaul camp at the moment, so to me this is a really good move if we're looking to build a real squad as opposed to just a starting 11. Holt, Halliday, Goss and Windass have to go. Docherty could maybe go on loan and Rossiter can't be relied on even if his last performance might have earned him a final chance. 

Free signing, can't be all bad. We'd have to be seriously considering getting rid of some central midfielders though.

Especially if we want Lucas as well :craphead:

Dorrans, Holt, Halliday can go permanently

Goss has gone

I'd loan Docherty out to a top six side (maybe even Kilmarnock).

18 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Most of our current midfield will surely be on its way if this is the case.

Hopefully, we cannot keep on continuing with this failing group of players.

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Free signing, can't be all bad. We'd have to be seriously considering getting rid of some central midfielders though.

Especially if we want Lucas as well :craphead:

Dorrans, Holt, Halliday can go permanently

Goss has gone

I'd loan Docherty out to a top six side (maybe even Kilmarnock).

Kilmarnock are a top 6 side.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hopefully, we cannot keep on continuing with this failing group of players.

Agreed, but a young player like Docherty has to be moulded into a winner.

He'd be an improvement on anything we currently have in the centre of midfield.  

How come we were told Gerrard would attract the better calibre of player yet we still just seem to be getting linked with the shite from our league and the English lower leagues. 

The only difference is there's a few pie in the sky names being thrown in.

• Like 1

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

How come we were told Gerrard would attract the better calibre of player yet we still just seem to be getting linked with the shite from our league and the English lower leagues. 

Money.

4 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Kilmarnock are a top 6 side.

I know. I was saying maybe even them in relation to us signing Mulumbu from them, as in perhaps they'd be interested. 

7 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Good signing. I'm in the total overhaul camp at the moment, so to me this is a really good move if we're looking to build a real squad as opposed to just a starting 11. Holt, Halliday, Goss and Windass have to go. Docherty could maybe go on loan and Rossiter can't be relied on even if his last performance might have earned him a final chance. 

That's my thinking too, almost word-for-word.

Because it's a total overhaul we need, that also means shipping out sub-standard squad options like Halliday, Goss, Docherty (although I'd retain Holt and Jack as back-up as we won't get any real cash but would be fine for bench warmers for a long season and what you said about Rossiter is spot-on too) and replacing them with more squad options.

In that regard a Mulumbu is probably a perfect guy to come in to bolster squad numbers if we get rid of the dross. We need the 8 or 9 top XI players but we also need a few more bodies beyond that to boost our options. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I know. I was saying maybe even them in relation to us signing Mulumbu from them, as in perhaps they'd be interested. 

k

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The season only ended last weekend ffs. Gerrard hasn't even started working for us yet. Have patience. 

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fuck me you've went early its may 17th ffs. Let the manager start the job first

16 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don’t thing Gerrard decides what stories the papers make up before he’s even started the job.

• Like 2

Good option on a free. Shown he can play in our league. Physical lad who can handle the hammer throwers in our league.

Good option as squad player / starter depending on who else is brought into midfield.

Def has the ability to strengthen our squad. Yes from me!

He played well last season strong and good feet was a standout in there midfield, but he was only a standout because he was better than all the rest in Killie. Don't know if he will be a standout in our team if Gerrard does get the targets that's been linked 

41 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Agreed, but a young player like Docherty has to be moulded into a winner.

He could be he's certainly will improve under better players and Gerrard and McCallister will add to his game as well I'm sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gers31 said:

He played well last season strong and good feet was a standout in there midfield, but he was only a standout because he was better than all the rest in Killie. Don't know if he will be a standout in our team if Gerrard does get the targets that's been linked 

if he's better than we've got and does the donkey work (brown) he doesn't need to be the standout if Gerrard does get the targets that's been linked