Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Youssouf Mulumbu (Kilmarnock)

2 minutes ago, moody blue 1972 said:

if he's better than we've got and does the donkey work (brown) he doesn't need to be the standout if Gerrard does get the targets that's been linked 

All would depend on who Gerrard brings in. He might only be a squad player 

Just now, gers31 said:

All would depend on who Gerrard brings in. He might only be a squad player 

true mate and would be good backup in any case, though to be honest with you would prefer kamara

Don't think he would add much ,hope we don't sign him. I would be looking for a bit better quality

Looking forward to our 1-8-1 formation next year at this rate. 

52 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I don’t thing Gerrard decides what stories the papers make up before he’s even started the job.

We're signing players before he's even started the job. That's kinda the point I'm trying to make. The whole "Gerrard effect" thing won't really count for much when it's Allen making our signings, hence why it seems to be a list of the usual suspects we're being linked with other than a couple of exceptions which look to be lazy Liverpool links more than anything else.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I heard the same on a podcast. Apparently his performances improve significantly when the cameras are there, which might not be a bad thing for us because most of our biggest games are televised :lol:

Thats what Kris Boyd said in an interview anyway. Only plays for the cameras :lol: 

22 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We're signing players before he's even started the job. That's kinda the point I'm trying to make. The whole "Gerrard effect" thing won't really count for much when it's Allen making our signings, hence why it seems to be a list of the usual suspects we're being linked with other than a couple of exceptions which look to be lazy Liverpool links more than anything else.

My point was more about the fact that they are only rumours, a lot of them probably with no basis. Anyone we’re currently correctly linked with (ex-Liverpool players aside) will be people Allen identified ages ago, I would imagine. Any Gerrard effect won’t kick in until after he starts. 

Also, much as it feels thoroughly underwhelming to be shopping in these markets again, I’m not sure what else we’re expecting. We’ve signed guys from South America who are unadulterated garbage. We’ve signed a guy from Scandinavia with some success, same with guys from Portugal. Guys like Windass, Foderingham etc. - like them or loathe them, they’ll turn out to be good business. I think we should worry less about where they come from and more about making sure they’re a good fit.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

How come we were told Gerrard would attract the better calibre of player yet we still just seem to be getting linked with the shite from our league and the English lower leagues. 

The only difference is there's a few pie in the sky names being thrown in.

The window hasn’t opened and Gerrard hasn’t taken over as manager yet. Maybe show a little more patience? 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Be strange given we spend money on Docherty plus have Jack and Rossiter. You add in Arfield and Mulumbu then that's overkill unless we are planning on selling 2 or 3 of the above not including Holt!

If we could get rid of Rossiter, Holt and loan Docherty then good.

I think Arfield is seen more as an attacking midfielder cutting from the left same as Murphy.

Mulumbu, McCrorie, Rossiter and Jack would provide the midfield platform with Dorrans and Docherty more advanced.

Holt, Halliday etc told to get new clubs.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gerrard and McAlistair attempt to mould Docherty into a Kuyt-esque workhorse who plays on the right hand side.

He’s definitely got the athleticism and work rate and I’m sure he played there for Hamilton on occassions too.

41 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

The window hasn’t opened and Gerrard hasn’t taken over as manager yet. Maybe show a little more patience? 

I'll see what I can do.

28 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I think Arfield is seen more as an attacking midfielder cutting from the left same as Murphy.

Mulumbu, McCrorie, Rossiter and Jack would provide the midfield platform with Dorrans and Docherty more advanced.

Dorrans is pish, Arfield is not an attacking midfielder 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'll see what I can do.

Thnx bbz x

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wake up to Lucas..

Drive home to Mulumbu..

Nice of u to have them round ur house..

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He's alright but don't the Kilmarnock fans think he's very inconsistent and only really perks up the Old Firm games? 

Take out of this what you want but mulumbu missed both games against the sheep and hibs but played against Rangers, I said to my m8 who works over at Rugby park what's the score with him?

The big man basically confirms what you say....he came off holding his hamstring and indicated he would be out for 2 weeks.....his opinion is how the fuck does he know that he would be fit in 2 weeks which coincidently took him to the Rangers game.

We were all for signing him pre Gerrard but now our anticipation and level of target has moved up a notch.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

what ive seen of Murphy he looks better in the Windass position than out left. 

4 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

I want to see Kamara (the ex arsenal falkirk kid) come in aswell. Would like rossiter to stay for another six months to see if his injuries are behind him.

Falkirk ????  When did Kamara play there?

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Dorrans is pish, Arfield is not an attacking midfielder 

That's a hard one mate Dorrans was played out of his normal attacking position due to Murty thinking windass was Messi. Then he got injured I'd give him another season here 

Just now, gers31 said:

That's a hard one mate Dorrans was played out of his normal attacking position due to Murty thinking windass was Messi. Then he got injured I'd give him another season here 

He hasn’t played in that normal attacking position for 3 years mate and there’s a reason for that, he hasn’t got the legs for it anymore. Guys on big wages and hasn’t justified them at all same as Alves so if we get an offer I’d sell him

10 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Falkirk ????  When did Kamara play there?

He never, he has played for Finland though.

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

He’s Finnish? 

Anti Niemi is as well.

2 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

He’s Finnish? 

Something something 28.