Players you rated but no-one else did or didn't think were as bad as made out

K.A.I

To complete the series.

What players did we have, that you quite liked or rated that the other fans didn't seem to like? 

Or players you didn't think were as bad as made out?

Or some that never got a chance who you thought would do well??

I expect to be roared at off the shouty mob but I thought Kygriakos had a decent spell with us before going a bit retard towards the end ... I also thought Rodriguez from Marseilles was starting to come onto a game just as Smith came in and got rid.

Chris Burke I quite liked too. I know he was young and inconsistent but most wingers are. Thought he had good natural ability.

Bonnisell looked alright to me. He played well that cup final against celtic and was never seen again. 

Stevie Thompson - got a hard time, was a target of abuse for decent big striker good at holding play up. 

Charlie Adam I thought was another that got a torrid time and was annoyed to see him sold to Blackpool. Obviously a little rough round the edges but anyone should have been able to see his raw ability. 

Maniero I thought would have been a sensation. Decent Seria A goalscorer, phsycial, thought he'd tear it up here but never played once under McLeish. Was excited when he signed.

Lee Feeney was an Advocaat signing. My Dad was a gaffer in Haarland and Wolff at the time and phoned me to say Rangers have signed a boy from Linfield and everyone in the yard was buzzing, they'd been talking about him for ages - meant to be very skillfull and naturally talented. Don't think he played once either.

The one that's going to trigger everyone - Rothen - I know it never worked out, but I seen some decent dig in him and thought he could whip a decent ball in - he just had no pace/skill and I think people thought he was going to go on left wing, skinning everycunt. Thought Stuttgart away the 1-1 draw he had a really good game.

Stevie McLean I thought his debut that night he came on at Firhill when we were 1-0 down with about 10-minutes to go, he showed a bit of muscle upfront and changed the game. I thought he'd be a player for us but he went off to Scunthorpe.

I also seen something in Djordic, Alan Gow, Stevie Lennon in their glimpses for us that had me thinking they would be decent players for us, but the fact they did fuck-all after leaving us showed me that it was probably just me seeing things.

Who's your choices? I expect abuse for some of them mentions, the RangersMedia way that's what happens when emotive wee men with keyboards can't handle what you think. 

Beasley and Edu spring to mind

Bedoya deserved more of a chance than McCoist gave him.

I thought Cousin was a superstar but he got absolute dogs abuse for having no passion, annoyed me no end.

I was fucking buzzing when we signed Aluko, had been saying for ages we should get him while it seemed to underwhelm a lot of people.

I don't think Rothen was as bad as made out. Made out as lazy unfairly too IMO.

Very quickly, and unfairly, was chosen as the go-to whipping boy (We usually have one) and there's no chance of being given a fair crack of the whip when that happens. You could almost sense people getting their rotten fruit ready to toss at him before the match had even started. Didn't have a chance of succeeding here.

Just now, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Beasley and Edu spring to mind

Bedoya deserved more of a chance than McCoist gave him.

I thought Cousin was a superstar but he got absolute dogs abuse for having no passion, annoyed me no end.

I was fucking buzzing when we signed Aluko, had been saying for ages we should get him while it seemed to underwhelm a lot of people.

Cousin was brilliant. Of course he was a big huffy bastard but on his day he was unplayable. Sent the shite right up defences in Scotland.

I was the same with Aluko - people were moaning, but thought he was class for Aberdeen and would do us a turn.

Can't agree on Bedoya though. Thought he was mince from the first minute I saw him, right up until I seen him play against celtic in Europe a couple of seasons ago. 

Haris Vuckic.  There's no doubt in my mind he could've done us a turn when Warburton took over.  Either as an inside forward instead of Waghorn or MOH, or as a CAM instead of guys like Kranjcar.  The guys had a hard time with injuries this season and Twente have been relegated but apparently he's put in some impressive performances and other top-tier sides in Holland are willing to take a chance on him.  I really hope he makes it.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Broadfoot.

Reliable but unremarkable. Did a decent job for us at right back and was and is mocked unfairly, probably because he has an awkward looking gait.

Walter Smith got the best out of a lot of players,Broadfoot is a really good example of this.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I'd also say Hyndman isn't as bad as some would have us believe.  He looked brilliant when he first signed but went down hill overtime due to poor coaching and managment.  I'd take him back here in a heartbeat.

Good shout. I liked Hyndman ... a good example of a talented, intelligent footballer that the fans don't appreciate, can't see he's being used wrong and ultimately turn on.

I really hated Edu ability-wise but he gave me two of my biggest goal cheers watching Rangers against the Tarriers at Ibrox and that injury time away goal in Lisbon to put us through to face PSV.