Alves at the World Cup

Amato

We wont get more than what we paid tbh even if that.  Aging CB with 1 year left on his deal who has had a shaky season. 

After much thinking we may as well keep him as back up.  I think there's still room for him to improve and show he can contribute with us when called upon. 

3 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

We wont get more than what we paid tbh even if that.  Aging CB with 1 year left on his deal who has had a shaky season. 

After much thinking we may as well keep him as back up.  I think there's still room for him to improve and show he can contribute with us when called upon. 

Not sure he's worth keeping as back up on the level of wage I can only assume he's on

11 minutes ago, Amato said:

Alves named in Portugal's World Cup squad.

Hopefully he plays and Portugal go far, could significantly boost our chances of offloading him for a fee

We will do well to offload him on a free transfer 

I wonder how he'd do under Stevie G , if he ever got the chance, he never looked that bothered and was clearly holding back in case of injury at times, if he stays I'll be surprised though, hopefully worth a  decent fee when he inevitably gets the move he seeks it seems.

Can’t believe whoever runs our social media pages have even mentioned it never mind congratulating him ,why would you ??, he’s done the club up like a kipper , thousands a week , shat out 95% of the big games , not put a tackle in yet and never away from Madrid all geared to achieve tonight’s announcement, aye congratulations big man , joke ???