Siwel

Harry Wilson (Liverpool)

Pretty sure the article said first refusal on players they want to send to Scotland. As in we get priority over celtic but they still want to send Wilson to the Championship and not to Scotland

• Like 1

Just had a text from a mate down there whos a Liverpool season ticket holder , says if we get Wilson it will be a great piece of business , says the boys quality.

He’s signed a new long term deal with Liverpool now so read into it what you will regarding them loaning or not (sometimes players sign new deals just before going on loan to assure them that they have a future at the club or it could be a case of Klopp wanting to use him in the first team this year)

On 08/07/2018 at 00:24, Broxi said:

Pretty sure the article said first refusal on players they want to send to Scotland. As in we get priority over celtic but they still want to send Wilson to the Championship and not to Scotland

Seems to be the case - unless our press has just assumed "don't want to send him to celtic" must mean "don't want to send him to Scotland". I did read somewhere that they were put off by celtic's use of loan players from the EPL last season so, in theory, he could still be an option for us (though probably not without some sort of minimum appearances guarantee - which puts me off the whole thing to be honest). 

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He’s signed a new long term deal with Liverpool now so read into it what you will regarding them loaning or not (sometimes players sign new deals just before going on loan to assure them that they have a future at the club or it could be a case of Klopp wanting to use him in the first team this year)

As did Ejaria, I’d be surprised if he didn’t go out on loan.

Klopp might take him the tour for experience but at his age he should be out getting 30 odd starts.

37 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Seems to be the case - unless our press has just assumed "don't want to send him to celtic" must mean "don't want to send him to Scotland". I did read somewhere that they were put off by celtic's use of loan players from the EPL last season so, in theory, he could still be an option for us (though probably not without some sort of minimum appearances guarantee - which puts me off the whole thing to be honest). 

I am not a fan of the minimum appearances guarantee either. It's the risk you take that the player doesn't settle and your forced to keep playing him no matter what.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

I am not a fan of the minimum appearances guarantee either. It's the risk you take that the player doesn't settle and your forced to keep playing him no matter what.

Think it's particularly dodgy with a young attacking player. They thrive on confidence and if he has a couple of bad performances, loses a bit of faith in himself, then gets in a downward spiral, it's bad for him and us. 

Liverpool confirmed to be in talks with Shaqiri, so if that goes through Wilson will definitely be going out on loan.

6 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

That's probably what happened with Musonda although celtic will certainly have taken a financial hit to cancel that early too.  

On 11/07/2018 at 16:07, donegal_ger said:

Liverpool confirmed to be in talks with Shaqiri, so if that goes through Wilson will definitely be going out on loan.

He has signed for Liverpool.

Wilson will go to a lower half EPL/Championship team - we stand no chance.

I haven't heard Middlesbrough, Derby, Stoke and Swansea are the teams i have heard who are meant to be frontrunners.

Derby over us or the green and grey?

Scottish football is in a worse state than we thought

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

'The Lampard Effect'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Scottish football is in a worse state than we thought

Probably more down to klopp and where he wanted him to go rather than the player himself 

It's disappointing that we've missed out on him.  Hopefully we can find someone else very much like him before the window shuts.  

Clearly went for the wrong ex premier league midfielder as our manager..

Good luck to the lad at Derby, would have been great to see him rip the arse out of the taigs at ibrox. Will go on to be a great player.

• Like 1

Gutted at this, probably the only Liverpool loan I felt would be a guaranteed success

Would have been our best winger by far