Siwel

Harry Wilson (Liverpool)

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It is encouraging but Dodoo had about 5 goals in 6 games for Leicester didn't he? 

It's just a general observation anyway and not slate on this kid but I just think we need to do a bit more tired and tested route overall.

The only goals Dodoo scored for Leicester was a hattrick against Bury (a League 1 side at the time) and a goal against West Ham in the League Cup, bit unfair to compare it to Wilson who has scored 7 in 13 in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

The only goals Dodoo scored for Leicester was a hattrick against Bury (a League 1 side at the time) and a goal against West Ham in the League Cup, bit unfair to compare it to Wilson who has scored 7 in 13 in the Championship.

Hold on, I said so about 5 goals ...and you've confirmed it's 4 ...splitting hairs much? and I'm not really comparing, I'm making a point about stats that look good. I'd bet my life this lad is a better player than Dodoo so gonny no miss the point again

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You will not be getting a bite out of me

Mind he played in a 3 man defence with Kiernan and Halliday once :lol:

• Like 3

Dodoo averages a goal or assist every 100 minutes for us, deserves a chance under Gerrard.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Mind he played in a 3 man defence with Kiernan and Halliday once :lol:

I'm positive it was a 4 with O'Halloran at right back :lol: 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I'm positive it was a 4 with O'Halloran at right back :lol: 

Could be right, just watched the highlights forgot how good some of the saves Wes made that day were 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It is encouraging but Dodoo had about 5 goals in 6 games for Leicester didn't he? 

It's just a general observation anyway and not slate on this kid but I just think we need to do a bit more tired and tested route overall.

Tbf think Dodoo's goals all came against dross in the league cup

Generally agree about loans but he's somewhat proven( I know still very inexperienced and hasn't played enough to properly know) and I don't think wings is a priority position, I like both Murphy and Candeias but we do need depth there, think he can play either side so it's maybe one position we can take a bit of a gamble on

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Could be right, just watched the highlights forgot how good some of the saves Wes made that day were 

Sure he made a phenomenal double save 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Generally agree about loans but he's somewhat proven( I know still very inexperienced and hasn't played enough to properly know) and I don't think wings is a priority position, I like both Murphy and Candeias but we do need depth there, think he can play either side so it's maybe one position we can take a bit of a gamble on

His hat trick came against dross but that's my whole point ... stats can look good ... overall we've not had any luck in this type of player market. 

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hold on, I said so about 5 goals ...and you've confirmed it's 4 ...splitting hairs much? and I'm not really comparing, I'm making a point about stats that look good. I'd bet my life this lad is a better player than Dodoo so gonny no miss the point again

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

giphy.gif

Good man, we can move on

3 hours ago, Siwel said:

No chance he’s getting in their squad with fekir signing

Fekir if he signs will be played as one of the midfield three, just like Coutinho was, Wilson is a winger/wide forward he is hoping to become the backup player for Mane.

4 hours ago, Goosetav said:

In fairness to Dodoo, he scored a cracker against the sheep in the 3-0 win at their paddock. Also set up a second goal and hit the bar if I recall correctly. That was his best effort for us.

This boy is supposed to be class.

Few of my mates who support Liverpool are convinced Klopp wants him back for 1st team next season.

If I had my pick of any Liverpool youngster it would be him.

Usually I’m sceptical about loaning players on the fringes of their team but Wilson and Solanke are different I think. They have either played first team football in the EPL or been a stand out for their loan clubs. 

Getting they two on loan would be great business I think and a major upgrade on Miller/Herrera and Candeias

• Like 1

He'll just get the shit kicked out of him up here, then when he goes to tie his laces he'll be red carded for his trouble

8 hours ago, Siwel said:

It sounds like Kermit the Frog is doing to vocals to that shitey dance record.

8 hours ago, Siwel said:

He looks like he’s going to sell me a two up, two down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bears&Reds said:

Fekir if he signs will be played as one of the midfield three, just like Coutinho was, Wilson is a winger/wide forward he is hoping to become the backup player for Mane.

Keita and Grujic rule that out also presumably, would Woodburn be ahead of him upon returning, assuming they don't sign anyone else?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He looks like he’s going to sell me a two up, two down.

What’s that?

Looks like he hasn’t quite worked out his end-ball, but obviously has talent.

• Like 1

Plays on the right but is left footed? That is exactly what we need. Need 4 wingers and I think Murphy and Candeias are ok but another 2 to push them on / leave them as backup would be ideal. Wilson for the right side, Jordon Jones on the left and all of a sudden we have real threat is wide areas and if someone isn’t at it we’d have real options to change a game from the bench. Great move if we can pull it off.