Siwel

Harry Wilson (Liverpool)

22 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Real players dribble at speed in tight areas to create space for team mates and occasionally opportunities for themselves.

Oduwa could certainly dribble at pace and he had a bag of tricks to go past people with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Oduwa could certainly dribble at pace and he had a bag of tricks to go past people with. 

Yes and bar one game against Raith Rovers instead of using his skill he wanted to be a circus act, Messi beats more players than I’ve ever seen but can’t renember him ever performing a silly trick like Oduwa did.

I like the way he is aware of the defender close by and uses the weight of the pass to make his first touch a flick past his marker then he is away.

• Like 1

If he comes then I hope the boy has a strong mentality and can take a tackle. Unfortunately a player like this boy will just get absolutely hammered by the opposition up here 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JentleJames said:

Real players dribble at speed in tight areas to create space for team mates and occasionally opportunities for themselves.

Oduwa thought he was brilliant because he was trying pishy rainbow flicks against Alloa players.

Granted, but that’s not what you said.

You said real players don’t get leathered because they get away quickly because they’re skilful, which is a pile of shite. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, williamcarvel9 said:

If he comes then I hope the boy has a strong mentality and can take a tackle. Unfortunately a player like this boy will just get absolutely hammered by the opposition up here 

Then we need players like Skrtel to take turns to hammer them back.

Scott Sinclair is the poofiest footballer going and has contributed even when playing fucking awful, Wilson will be fine:lol:

It's up to him if he plays well, not a hammer thrower at Livingston

• Like 1

Gideon Zelalem looked just as (if not more) exciting in his numerous video montages....yet flattered to deceive.

Hopefully the lad Wilson fares a bit better up here, if he comes.

16 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Scott Sinclair is the poofiest footballer going and has contributed even when playing fucking awful, Wilson will be fine:lol:

It's up to him if he plays well, not a hammer thrower at Livingston

Josh Windass

31 minutes ago, beararse said:

Gideon Zelalem looked just as (if not more) exciting in his numerous video montages....yet flattered to deceive.

Zelalem hadn't already had a very successful loan season at a Championship club

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Zelalem hadn't already had a very successful loan season at a Championship club

I don't watch a lot (if any) of the Championship matches so I cant comment. All i was doing was highlighting video clips can deceive. Im sure i could edit a montage to make Windass look like a world beater.

Wilson does look exciting i'll give you that although his finishing looks pretty weak from the video uploaded.

Fuck sake player isn't even in the door yet and somethings wrong with him. Finishing looks weak ?? Hes a creative player not a natural goal scorer. If he has 15 assists by the end of the season that's just as good as goals for me. 

I hope we wrap this one up. Having him and Candeias as options on our right side would be pleasing. 

54 minutes ago, beararse said:

You could make a montage of me at fives and I would look like a wonderkid.

Wilsons stats speak for themselves, Zelalem had nothing but potential. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beararse said:

What do you mean?

29 minutes ago, McKissock said:

I hope we wrap this one up. Having him and Candeias as options on our right side would be pleasing. 

He looks predominantly left footed to me from that video. Does he play on the right?!?

23 minutes ago, OhW said:

What do you mean?

Videos of Zelalem made him look like a far more dynamic player than we got. He tended to slow play down and go side to side.

36 minutes ago, beararse said:

Videos of Zelalem made him look like a far more dynamic player than we got. He tended to slow play down and go side to side.

True, but on the flip side he could keep possession very well when under pressure.

Anyhoo, when is Wilson signing? :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

He looks predominantly left footed to me from that video. Does he play on the right?!?

Fairly sure he does but I could be wrong. I only saw him once or twice playing for Hull but was usually cutting inside onto his left. Traditional wingers are pretty rare these days but it's possible he could play both roles. 

The Gerrard effect has to come into play here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McKissock said:

Fairly sure he does but I could be wrong. I only saw him once or twice playing for Hull but was usually cutting inside onto his left. Traditional wingers are pretty rare these days but it's possible he could play both roles. 

Pretty sure he can play both sides, may be wrong as I do not see a lot of the Liverpool youth but have a feeling he can play both.

7 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Pretty sure he can play both sides, may be wrong as I do not see a lot of the Liverpool youth but have a feeling he can play both.

Most wingers can play both. You’re a winger on your natural foot side and an inside forward on the other. Murphy is a prime example. He plays as an inside forward on the right and if you asked him to play on the right he wouldn’t cut in as often and instead he’d try to hit the byeline (which is actually why he plays on the left because he doesn’t have the pace to beat the full back and get to the byeline whereas candeias does)

Wilson is left footed so he’d either be a natural left winger or he’d be an inside forward on the right. From the highlights it looks far more likely he’d be utilised on the right.

What this gives us is options with regards to the wide players. If you’re up against a slow fullback on the right you play candeias to bomb past him and get the crosses in, if the player is quick but not the best at tackling you use Wilson who will cut inside and create space that way.

Options are  good as it means we might not be so damn predictable in the final 3rd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

The Gerrard effect has to come into play here.

One of my favourite effects, always assures 100% certified no brainers. They're almost guaranteed. 

• Like 1