McCrorie pulls out of the Scotland U21 tournament

Virtuoso

Sun in misleading headline shocker :sarcasm: He wasn't forced out, it was his choice.

Rangers kid Ross McCrorie forced to withdraw from Scotland's Under-21s squad for the Toulon Tournament

The Gers defender had been named in Scot Gemmill's group for the competition which takes place later this month

ROSS McCRORIE has been forced to withdraw from the squad for the Toulon Tournament.

The Rangers defender had been named in Scot Gemmill's group for the competition which takes place later this month.

But last night McCrorie, 20, pulled out to focus on his fitness following his return from the long-term foot injury which saw him miss three months of the season.

Hearts kid Chris Hamilton, 16, will now travel with the group to the south of France instead.

Scotland will face group games against the hosts as well as Togo and South Korea.

Love the kid. He is exactly the kind of aggressive, fearless character this club needs moving forward. He is far from the finished product but will develop into an outstanding SPL midfielder and, longer term, will confound those who have criticised him as a centre half.

Top lad who will be a top, top player.

2 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

He is far from th finished product but will develop into an outstanding SPL midfielder and, longer term, will confound those who have criticised him as a centre half.

Wouldn't he have to perform well at centre half to confound the people who have criticised his performances there?

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Yes. Because eventually he will switch back to centre half. And he will be outstanding.

Possibly, well at least i hope so, but the criticism he has received has been deserved imo. He seems to be the blue eyed boy for many of our fans and i really like him myself but if he makes bad decisions then contructive criticism will only help him learn and improve.

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Possibly, well at least i hope so, but the criticism he has received has been deserved imo. He seems to be the blue eyed boy for many of our fans and i really like him myself but if he makes bad decisions then contructive criticism will only help him learn and improve.

Constructive criticism is fine but often it isn't constructive at all, just abuse, and in any case the last person he should listen to is supporters. 

2 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Constructive criticism is fine but often it isn't constructive at all, just abuse, and in any case the last person he should listen to is supporters. 

Not seen anything i would class as abuse, he seems well liked amongst the support.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not seen anything i would class as abuse, he seems well liked amongst the support.

Nah, he has had a bit by "real life" standards. By internet standards, nothing serious.

For some reason, everything on here is hyperbole. Way of the world, I guess.

It doesn't seem to be possible to say, "thought he looked a bit weak at cb, gets caught out of position, might grow into the role but much better at cm for now."

It has to be, "He's shite, never a cb, sick of saying it."