Big names attract big names.

pcbear

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

Players who would not have given us a second glance entrenched in the Scottish footballs a pub league mindset now see Gerrard and McAllister at the helm McGregor and Arfield already signed (ok not huge names) but enough to make players think "something interesting is happening up Ibrox way" and if they are given the opportunity we might be pleasantly surprised just who would sign for us.

Not huge names but a class or 3 above what we have at present, and Murphy will be a better player will better talent around him.  As you said big names attract big names and I expect a good few loans with the English youngsters , remember they are dominating youth football so must be a good few wanting first team experience which they won't get at their parent club. 

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Only really big names I can think of we've signed.are Khizanishvili and Van Bronkhurst.

Edu was a small name.. 

I wanted Van Bronkhurst on the back of my top when i was a kid and it was like £1.50 per letter on top of the shirt price, so my Dad not wanting to spend all that money spent the whole day telling me how good this new player wed signed was, called Flo :lol:

he was relieved when we found out that Van Bronkhurst was too long to fit on a kids top so i got Mols instead :lol:

Not entirely relevant to this thread but hey ho. 

Wtf is going on with our PR, marketing & media depts  ?

After securing the new manager & the parade at Ibrox there’s been hee haw as far as I can see/hear.  

Surely opportunities to positively promote & advertise the club in media outlets, radio adverts & billboards etc should be being taken especially since it’s pre season  !

I get that the strip shambles is probably holding a lot of this kind of stuff up. 

Maybe in the past, but it's big money that attracts big players now.

With the way King seems to be handling things financially, Gerrard will be lucky to get Mulumbu. He'll likely try and take advantage of his knowledge of Liverpool youth and sway them to release a couple on loan.

But that is about it.

7 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

With the way King seems to be handling things financially, Gerrard will be lucky to get Mulumbu. He'll likely try and take advantage of his knowledge of Liverpool youth and sway them to release a couple on loan.

But that is about it.

There's a strange honesty in your choice of user name.

1 hour ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Giovanni Van Bronkhorst (not copied from Google) 

4 hours ago, tannerall said:

Only really big names I can think of we've signed.are Khizanishvili and Van Bronkhurst.

Edu was a small name.. 

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Edson Arantes do Nascimento

aka Pele

The biggest and smallest name might belong to the same player

Do ppl just post without reading replies?

im sure there is a Brazil player called Jo, sort of blows the pele out the water.

21 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

But that is about it.

Don't really agree here mate. Obviously the top couple of tiers of players are beyond us, but having Gerrard might just make the difference to a few players at the right time in their careers (older, slightly past best but still excellent standard for SPL - or young, promising and needing big game experience).  If we get 2 or 3 quality players that wouldn't have come otherwise then it could be the difference between beating the scum and not beating them.

Obviously, whatever players Gerrard does manage to convince to join us, it doesn't change the fact that he needs to demonstrate effective management skills (which is the big unknown).

Other thing to think about...imagine it all clicks and Gerrard has a great season and we somehow do 55! Imagine the interest in the NEXT summer transfer window. Players  like to join clubs where they're gonna get silverware!

4 hours ago, tannerall said:

Edu was a small name.. 

Depends on font size, unless you mean long names and a short name 

39 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

But that is about it.

Aye ok. We’ll see.

3 hours ago, OhW said:

We know. If you had Googled it you would have spelled it correctly.

That's debatable n I dunno how to use two pages of internet on my phone at same time 

3 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Edson Arantes do Nascimento

aka Pele

The biggest and smallest name might belong to the same player

He must be the only ex player to advertise tablets for erectile dysfunction ffs ,no that big now then ,unless he's popping some himself