King_gazza

Kyle Bartley (Swansea)

BACK FOR GOOD 

Kyle Bartley to Rangers – Swansea defender linked with Leeds United and Gers

English Championship side Leeds United, who Bartley also spent time at on loan, are also said to be keen on the defender

FORMER Rangers star Kyle Bartley has been linked with an Ibrox return, according to reports.

The Swansea defender joined the Light Blues on loan in January 2011 before returning for the following campaign.

Following the Swans’ relegation to the second tier in England, The Yorkshire Evening Post claim he could join Steven Gerrard in Govan this summer.

The Welsh club are reportedly ready to sell the defender at the right price.

English Championship side Leeds United, who Bartley also spent time at on loan, are also keen on a move.

Bartley endured a frustrating campaign this term after suffering two knee injuries.

The 26-year-old was stretchered off during a 4-1 EFL Cup win over MK Dons back in August.

He then suffered another injury after coming on as a sub in a 5-0 loss to Premier League champions Manchester City in April.

Bartley started his career with Arsenal but after failing to break into the first-team he joined numerous clubs on loan.

The defender had two spells at Sheffield United and Rangers before temporary moves to Birmingham City and Leeds.

:megaanguish:

I think he’d do a turn tbh.

• Like 2

Done well at Leeds I believe. Sure he captained them? Got to be a better option than what we currently have anyway.

We do need to bring in 3 centre backs realistically so would-be happy with this.

I’d be quite happy with this tho but he won’t be cheap

• Like 1

Just now, gruggs said:

We do need to bring in 3 centre backs realistically so would-be happy with this.

I’d say closer to 4/5 

Just now, Siwel said:

I’d say closer to 4/5 

I was going with core of 3 plus mccrorie to fill in if needed as a 4th. Maybe a bit thin but I think we need a strong 11 and can fill the rest with youth if needed. Risky but we need to close the gap.

Martin/alves/cardoso to be cleared out.

• Like 1

Just now, The Godfather said:

McCrorie should never play CB again, he is honking there.

Was why I had him as 4th back up. Last resort in effect.

He'd be brilliant, far far better player than when he left

2 minutes ago, gruggs said:

I was going with core of 3 plus mccrorie to fill in if needed as a 4th. Maybe a bit thin but I think we need a strong 11 and can fill the rest with youth if needed. Risky but we need to close the gap.

Depends mate apparently Gerrard likes playing with 3 CBs, I hope Mccrorie isn’t seen as a CB tbh he’s not looked up to much there.

My mate is a Leeds fan and I asked him about Bartley back in January. Said he was a colossus for them and would be a great signing. I didn't realise that he'd had another injury since. That's kinda putting me off a bit. However, if he could stay fit, fuck yeah, bring him in! 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Depends mate apparently Gerrard likes playing with 3 CBs, I hope Mccrorie isn’t seen as a CB tbh he’s not looked up to much there.

Ahhh hadn't factored in 3 at the back. May have to revise my estimate lol

• Like 1

Would be another good signing

9 minutes ago, gruggs said:

McCrories a youth player who's learning the game and been overhyped.

Better by a mile than what we've had for years.

Hopefully not.

Just now, Amac9 said:

Hopefully not.

Why

13 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

Done well at Leeds I believe. Sure he captained them? Got to be a better option than what we currently have anyway.

He has captained Swansea as well, as far as I recall. He is a better player than when he left. Not sure why Leeds would be more attractive than Rangers to him (other than his mate being there), especially with the new management team in place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

Outrageous

It's actually about right for someone at his age who was a first pick for a championship side.

• Like 4