King_gazza

Kyle Bartley (Swansea)

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I hope Caulker is over his issues but signing a player who has spoken publicly about his gambling and alcohol addiction, and thrusting him into the melting pot that is Glasgow would be a massive risk, especially at the price Dundee would want for him.

He only signed an 18 month deal with them, don't think they're in a position to be turning down any serious bid for him

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We defo need a bit more cover in there but that's what it will be is cover I think ... we can't go and spend 3-million and 20k per-week on Bartley for a bit of extra cover in there especially with Alves still on the wagebill .. we would be tieing up far too much of our budget when other areas need strengthened badly, too.

Yeah this is fairly sensible. 

Unless Alves is leaving, or a very good opportunity arises, we shouldn’t be looking to spend big on another centre half. Bring in another option there, and focus the remaining budget in other areas (fullback and forward, probably).

On 12/06/2018 at 23:52, BlueKnight87 said:

With Katic signed and Goldson on the way. 

Do we think Bartley is still a target ?

Gerrard apparently likes to play with 3 at the back formation

His old mate will be signed to organise the defence 

Certain of it 

15 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I hope Caulker is over his issues but signing a player who has spoken publicly about his gambling and alcohol addiction, and thrusting him into the melting pot that is Glasgow would be a massive risk, especially at the price Dundee would want for him.

Well that's the thing he's at Dundee where lets be honest even if they were relegated they'd be disappointed but they know theyd probably come.back up in a season or two so things are probably much more relaxed there for him.

If he comes here and the pressure is on another level he could crack. We've all seen it on here before, Rangers beat a diddy team 2-1 Or 1-0 in a friendly and people start going nuts. We must be the only fans in the world who try and get a direct read on a friendly result as to where we are. If you ask any manager at any level friendlies are only about fitness and match sharpness.

I think caulker wouId really struggle here in the long run 

rumours saying swansea interested in tav... swap deal surely?

Love the fact he plays football with a smile on his face.
If not us then I wish him all he takes from the game.

Can't see this one now given we've signed 2 centre halves for £5m. 

We need another one but I can't see us getting another one on the wages Bartley will likely demand. 

On 18/06/2018 at 18:26, ayrshireranger said:

Bartley is a no-brainer for me. Rate him highly.

Based on what mate ? Really 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

probably the same as most of us and due to that tackle years ago

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

probably the same as most of us and due to that tackle years ago

I seen him a few times when he was playing for Leeds. He's a much improved defender from the guy who was putting Scott brown up the in the air.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That tackle, the one that got our defensive mid booked after 7mins give or take and effectively rule him out the rest of the game, a game we got pumped 3-0 and scott brown (the cunt on the end of the tackle) was swaggering about like he owned the joint, 

That tackle? Bartley was a fanny that day, if we want to look at a game defining tackle then kevin thomsons tackle on robbie keane is the one to remember, not bartleys pointless booking

to be fair, i don't think anyone forgets thompsons performance against keane :lol:

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

if we want to look at a game defining tackle then kevin thomsons tackle on robbie keane is the one to remember, not bartleys pointless booking

Brought a smile to my face remembering that tackle, then the girning, whinging Keane greeting to the ref about it as Thomson just got on with the game.:mutley:

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Having watched him both at Rangers and since. And here he did very well despite usually being played out of position. And being only 20. He was a mature player at that young age. He ticks the boxes for me: good on the ball, calm, vg defender, strong.

7 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I seen him a few times when he was playing for Leeds. He's a much improved defender from the guy who was putting Scott brown up the in the air.

This.

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

Having watched him both at Rangers and since. And here he did very well despite usually being played out of position. And being only 20. He was a mature player at that young age. He ticks the boxes for me: good on the ball, calm, vg defender, strong.

Don't fancy going back the way tbh

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Don't fancy going back the way tbh

That ship sailed mate when we resigned McGregor. 

With Bartley it's slightly different because we are getting a much improved and experienced CB. Instead of the young developing player we had before. 

• Like 1

Just now, cushynumber said:

Thank fuck we ain't involved at that price 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Thank fuck we ain't involved at that price 

its a lot of cash for him

Just now, cushynumber said:

its a lot of cash for him

Didn't we pay the same for Goldson?

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Didn't we pay the same for Goldson?

£3m apparently.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

£3m apparently.

sure Katic was 2M so 5M all together.

8.5M if we were to sign Bartley.

With Bruno going we do need another CB but I think forward areas are more of a priority at the moment.