King_gazza

Kyle Bartley (Swansea)

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I hope Caulker is over his issues but signing a player who has spoken publicly about his gambling and alcohol addiction, and thrusting him into the melting pot that is Glasgow would be a massive risk, especially at the price Dundee would want for him.

He only signed an 18 month deal with them, don't think they're in a position to be turning down any serious bid for him

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We defo need a bit more cover in there but that's what it will be is cover I think ... we can't go and spend 3-million and 20k per-week on Bartley for a bit of extra cover in there especially with Alves still on the wagebill .. we would be tieing up far too much of our budget when other areas need strengthened badly, too.

Yeah this is fairly sensible. 

Unless Alves is leaving, or a very good opportunity arises, we shouldn’t be looking to spend big on another centre half. Bring in another option there, and focus the remaining budget in other areas (fullback and forward, probably).

On 12/06/2018 at 23:52, BlueKnight87 said:

With Katic signed and Goldson on the way. 

Do we think Bartley is still a target ?

Gerrard apparently likes to play with 3 at the back formation

His old mate will be signed to organise the defence 

Certain of it 

15 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I hope Caulker is over his issues but signing a player who has spoken publicly about his gambling and alcohol addiction, and thrusting him into the melting pot that is Glasgow would be a massive risk, especially at the price Dundee would want for him.

Well that's the thing he's at Dundee where lets be honest even if they were relegated they'd be disappointed but they know theyd probably come.back up in a season or two so things are probably much more relaxed there for him.

If he comes here and the pressure is on another level he could crack. We've all seen it on here before, Rangers beat a diddy team 2-1 Or 1-0 in a friendly and people start going nuts. We must be the only fans in the world who try and get a direct read on a friendly result as to where we are. If you ask any manager at any level friendlies are only about fitness and match sharpness.

I think caulker wouId really struggle here in the long run