King_gazza

Kyle Bartley (Swansea)

Just now, Siwel said:

Players can’t get better at all after being with us tbf

Aye mate, they can...just don’t think he’s worth 6 million quid if it’s true 

3 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Mate we're no paying 6m for anyone in the transfer window. Pie in the sky stuff that we'll spend that on one player. 

Depends how much Gerrard wants him I guess

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Closer to home I’d assume and they could probably offer him bigger wages

They, currently, have a 15k a week ceiling on wages. Leeds is a giant shiteheap and he'll be in the same league as Swansea and, barring a miracle, little chance of going up. At Rangers he has a full house every home game, a quality training facility, games in Europe and challenging for honours. 

We also know he enjoys a challenge and isn't going to let Lego walk over him. 

• Like 1

I think we could probably pick up an out of contract centre half who would do as good a job as he would.

• Like 4

Just now, DBBTB said:

I think we could probably pick up an out of contract centre half who would do as good a job as he would.

Who?

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

They, currently, have a 15k a week ceiling on wages. Leeds is a giant shiteheap and he'll be in the same league as Swansea and, barring a miracle, little chance of going up. At Rangers he has a full house every home game, a quality training facility, games in Europe and challenging for honours. 

We also know he enjoys a challenge and isn't going to let Lego walk over him. 

Leeds?

No buying that.

Moderator wind-up tonight. @MisterC is on a roll too.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Leeds?

No buying that.

Its true, there are rumours that it will be 'relaxed' for the coming season. The current owners aren't as profligate as Ridsdale was, they don't want to get in the financial mire again.

So if reports are to be believed we are talking 6m for bartley and 4m for Skrtel

:confused:

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Why? I don’t think it’s unrealistic that we would pay that for him tbh.

It's just my guess but I would be surprised if we spent that kind of money on any one player. 

Just now, onefootwillie said:

It's just my guess but I would be surprised if we spent that kind of money on any one player. 

I’m not expecting it but I don’t think it’s that unrealistic tbh if the rumours about how much money Gerrard has got to spend are true

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I think he’d do a turn tbh.

Aye and while turning probably rupture his cruciate 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

I’m not expecting it but I don’t think it’s that unrealistic tbh if the rumours about how much money Gerrard has got to spend are true

I would be delighted if the board released  that type of money for one player. It would indicate that we were getting really considerable funding coming in. 

Fuck it get a £20million bid in for his team mate mawson:lol:

45 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Fuck it get a £20million bid in for his team mate mawson:lol:

He’d cost more than that

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

So if reports are to be believed we are talking 6m for bartley and 4m for Skrtel

:confused:

Would be a mental amount of money (if true) to pay out for just 2 players given our finances and the peanuts our league attract from TV, sponsership etc.

The meltdown from the tims would be class though :mutley:

• Like 1

Oh no I drunkenly told him I loved his tackle on Brown when I saw him out in Swansea

Just now, EMRFC said:

Oh no I drunkenly told him I loved his tackle on Brown when I saw him out in Swansea

Nothing wrong with that 

should have bought him a drink too 

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

McCrorie should never play CB again, he is honking there. Not even just filling in as it's clearly not a position he can do a turn in on this seasons evidence.

Midfield is his only position for me.

I’d hang on to Bruno for this exact reason, only thing that would make me doubt it is his wage.

From The Sun

Rangers are hoping to hijack Leeds United’s bid to sign Kyle Bartley from Swansea.

New Gers boss Steven Gerrard has targeted the big central defender as he completes a rebuilding programme.

Leeds were confident of landing Bartley, who has made it clear he wants to quit the Liberty Stadium this summer.

But Rangers are hoping to put a spanner in the works by luring the 26-year-old to Glasgow for a third time.

Bartley spent part of 2010/11 and the 2011/12 campaign on loan at Ibrox when he was coming through the ranks at Arsenal.

And SunSport understands he would consider returning north again to be part of the Gerrard revolution.

Bartley still has three years remaining on his contract at Swansea, who parted company with boss Carlos Carvalhal yesterday.

The Welsh outfit want £5million for the stopper, although both Leeds and Rangers believe they can get him for half that.

Bartley, who has the same representatives as the Ibrox manager, is intent on quitting Wales and would be willing to listen to Gers if a deal could be struck.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

From The Sun

Rangers are hoping to hijack Leeds United’s bid to sign Kyle Bartley from Swansea.

New Gers boss Steven Gerrard has targeted the big central defender as he completes a rebuilding programme.

Leeds were confident of landing Bartley, who has made it clear he wants to quit the Liberty Stadium this summer.

But Rangers are hoping to put a spanner in the works by luring the 26-year-old to Glasgow for a third time.

Bartley spent part of 2010/11 and the 2011/12 campaign on loan at Ibrox when he was coming through the ranks at Arsenal.

And SunSport understands he would consider returning north again to be part of the Gerrard revolution.

Bartley still has three years remaining on his contract at Swansea, who parted company with boss Carlos Carvalhal yesterday.

The Welsh outfit want £5million for the stopper, although both Leeds and Rangers believe they can get him for half that.

Bartley, who has the same representatives as the Ibrox manager, is intent on quitting Wales and would be willing to listen to Gers if a deal could be struck.

That line is the winner sign him up. 

I'm still no sure on Bartley but he has improved massively since leaving us 

• Like 1

I’d love him back, thought he was class from the first game I seen him and he wouldn’t shirk anything against those cunts.