King_gazza

Kyle Bartley (Swansea)

2 hours ago, EMRFC said:

Oh no I drunkenly told him I loved his tackle on Brown when I saw him out in Swansea

queerx750.jpg

2.5 mill? He’s worth a lot more than that. I’d be all over that tonight if that was the case

Would be delighted with this

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

If we get him for 2.5million that will be brilliant business

I’d be happy with him at that price tbh.

As for previous question, I still think Onhua on a free wouldn’t be the worst signing in the world.

Jack Hobbs was also let go by Forrest too and he’s quality. It’s just injuries that have fucked him. 

Theres probably  a few decent centre halves from the clubs who finished bottom half of the table who will be available as managers reshape their squads too. I’d take Ilori or Moore from Reading if they were available.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’d be happy with him at that price tbh.

As for previous question, I still think Onhua on a free wouldn’t be the worst signing in the world.

Jack Hobbs was also let go by Forrest too and he’s quality. It’s just injuries that have fucked him. 

Theres probably  a few decent centre halves from the clubs who finished bottom half of the table who will be available as managers reshape their squads too. I’d take Ilori or Moore from Reading if they were available.

Onouha is an interesting option, we were linked to Moore a couple of years ago.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Onouha is an interesting option, we were linked to Moore a couple of years ago.

He’s a bit erratic but beside Skrtel I think he would do ok, but saying that I thought Martin’s CV meant he would too and he’s been dreadful so my suggestions and opinions are probably best ignored :lol: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s a bit erratic but beside Skrtel I think he would do ok, but saying that I thought Martin’s CV meant he would too and he’s been dreadful so my suggestions and opinions are probably best ignored :lol: 

Who’s this Onouha you speak of? If we were to sign Bartley I hope he has improved as I remember having the same conversation about Bartley as we now have about McRorie. A decent defensive midfielder  but not good enough for a centre half. He was being compared against Weir and Bougherra at the time so maybe not fair on him.

9 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Who’s this Onouha you speak of? If we were to sign Bartley I hope he has improved as I remember having the same conversation about Bartley as we now have about McRorie. A decent defensive midfielder  but not good enough for a centre half. He was being compared against Weir and Bougherra at the time so maybe not fair on him.

Former Man City & QPR centre half. Played over 200 games for QPR where he was captain but left at the end of the season. Was on mental money there. I think it was reported as being £80,000 a week at one point.:lol:

I think Bartley was just a bit rough around the edges when we got him before. When he played for Leeds last season he was apparently outstanding, but he was playing beside Janssen who might be the best centre half in the league so that would have helped. It seems bizarre that Swansea don’t want him when they are going into that leave and they are probably going to lose their first choice centre half pairing.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Former Man City & QPR centre half. Played over 200 games for QPR where he was captain but left at the end of the season. Was on mental money there. I think it was reported as being £80,000 a week at one point.:lol:

I think Bartley was just a bit rough around the edges when we got him before. When he played for Leeds last season he was apparently outstanding, but he was playing beside Janssen who might be the best centre half in the league so that would have helped. It seems bizarre that Swansea don’t want him when they are going into that leave and they are probably going to lose their first choice centre half pairing.

So Onouha is a non starter then. Yeah I agree, it would be strange for Swansea to let Bartley go. You would expect him to be a player they’d built it round as doubt he’ll be on as high a wage as others in the squad. It’s like McBurnie, I’d heard that if they stayed up we’d get him on loan but if they went down he’ll likely be a big player for them as the likes of Boni and Aya (you know who I mean) will leave.

Too early for shades of Souness?

Quality Goalie

2 outstanding CHs

1 or 2 outstanding central midfielders

Top class striker

Spine sorted, is it really that difficult? Sort the spine out the rest falls into place.

Ok Souness was able to recruit Woods, Butcher. Gough, Stevens, Steven, Roberts at al. But can't help getting excited. I'm sure I've mixed up Souness and Smith signings too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Too early for shades of Souness?

Quality Goalie

2 outstanding CHs

1 or 2 outstanding central midfielders

Top class striker

Spine sorted, is it really that difficult? Sort the spine out the rest falls into place.

Ok Souness was able to recruit Woods, Butcher. Gough, Stevens, Steven, Roberts at al. But can't help getting excited. I'm sure I've mixed up Souness and Smith signings too.

All we need to do is sign 2 outstanding CH’s, 1 or 2 outstanding midfielders and a top class striker. As you say though it’s like dejavu!

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

So Onouha is a non starter then. Yeah I agree, it would be strange for Swansea to let Bartley go. You would expect him to be a player they’d built it round as doubt he’ll be on as high a wage as others in the squad. It’s like McBurnie, I’d heard that if they stayed up we’d get him on loan but if they went down he’ll likely be a big player for them as the likes of Boni and Aya (you know who I mean) will leave.

Onuha won't have been on 80k a week recently, will of been on that when QPR first got him. Ex England international too, I look at him in the mould of Clint hill, not fast, but a brick shithouse and a good pro, old school centre half. No nonsense.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Bartley has asked to leave, its not that they don't want him. Thats why I don't see how he would be attracted to going from a newly relegated club in the Championship to one that has found its home in Championship mid table for years and with little prospect of getting out any time soon.

• Like 1

Not a fan of Bartley.

He has dined out on one tackle from his last time at Rangers. Hope we go for Goldson who's a far better option.

Injury prone and error prone. I'm thinking there's better out there for that kind of money.

Think I'm right in saying he's hardly kicked a ball for Swansea?

9 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm still no sure on Bartley but he has improved massively since leaving us 

He's absolutely average and injury prone.

We need to find someone like Bougherra or Cuellar to play along side Skrtl. Bartley's not the answer.

5 minutes ago, Frank de Bear said:

He's absolutely average and injury prone.

We need to find someone like Bougherra or Cuellar to play along side Skrtl. Bartley's not the answer.

@KingKennyMiller

26 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Bartley was excellent at Leeds I’m loan. A rock in the defence, wouldn’t be against this.

Was their captain too and we need leaders in our defence.

Haven’t seen much of him since he left us, but he’s been playing at a good standard so should be an improvement on what we have. 

Good to see that Gerrard is making the defence a priority so far. 

20 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Was their captain too and we need leaders in our defence.

Carvahal praised him as 'a natural leader'. The only concern is how serious the new knee ligament injury is. Swansea are denying any contact by Leeds. 

If he is a target he may not be fit for the start of the season. Definitely the sort of character we need through the team.

7 hours ago, stevemac said:

Onuha won't have been on 80k a week recently, will of been on that when QPR first got him. Ex England international too, I look at him in the mould of Clint hill, not fast, but a brick shithouse and a good pro, old school centre half. No nonsense.

Throughout his career pace has been well known as one of Onuhas biggest assets. 

Always liked him here and sounds like he’s improved further (haven’t seen much of him myself). Would be very happy with this. 

Onuoha's not an England international :lol: