A long club statement coming according to SLO

Bad Robot

11 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

It could be turned into a positive,if the club built a secure multi-storey car park on the Albion ground. If they did this then it would provide jobs and secure parking for local business's and residents on non match days. A secure multi-storey car park permit could also be offered to the potential residents of the new builds that are happening around the stadium. It could also be used under the park and ride scheme to the city centre. It could be a solution that the club could put forward.  The proposal as it stands, is not feasible for fans on match days and as you say the extra walking distance for some of the older supporters is a big thing.

A multi storey car park would not have the capacity of all the street parking. Plus it would be a massive bottleneck. 

Has there been any study by the council demonstrating a huge problem that's going to be solved by this? Sounds a lot like fixing something that isn't broken. Oh and what a surprise fucks us over in the process. 

I'm going to fire an email over for this suggest others do the same. 

8 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Could they have not released this before the council puts it in force? Not like they did not know it was coming as the tarriers have been complaining about it for a good wee while now.  .

I am fed up with the board releasing meaningless statements as like agains Hibs and any other cunt that have attacked us lately,  the board seem to think a lengthy statement sorts everything and do nothing to follow up on the statement  

Mr King what i and the fans would like to see is action agains a currupt Glasgow city council. But we as too busy being everyone's friend to appease the board.

This 100%, any statement we've put out for long enough now makes it looks as if we are doing something whereas in reality nothing is done except take it up ring piece every time whilst they chip away at screwing us up at every turn. 

Given the parking issues at QEUH (the Southern to you traditionalists) , there would seem to be a need for perhaps a major park and ride set up in the area to service match day demand at Ibrox as well as hospital the rest of the time. Now, if this was at the other end of the city.....

Ive emailed them to complain about it. As I still own a house in the vicinity and told them that I am against this as it hinders any visitors I have . It only takes a minute to email them guys.

Heres the standard reply

MESSAGE SENT ON BEHALF OF ANDY WADDELL

HEAD OF INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENVIRONMENT

LAND AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES

Dear Sir/Madam

THE GLASGOW CITY COUNCIL

(IBROX STADIUM)

(EVENT DAY EMERGENCY ROUTES AND PARKING ZONE) ORDER 201_

I can confirm receipt of your correspondence regarding the above named Traffic Regulation Order. Following the publication period, officers shall commence an analysis of all correspondence received and issue you with a considered response in due course.

Please note that timescales for preparing and distributing a considered response can be influenced by the quantity and nature of correspondence received.

Yours faithfully

Andy Waddell

Head of Infrastructure and Environment

Land and Environmental Services

dont see how there could possibly be 30k plus travelling to Ibrox by car, i was at Ibrox when Gerrard was announced and the parking was terrible with cars practically abandoned all over the place  and there was only 5-7 thousand there with most of them probably coming by car, if there was 30k parking for matches id imagine you wouldnt be able to move for all the cars, i may be totally  wrong but i always thought the majority travelled by bus or public transport. How can 30k people get parked in the Ibrox area?

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Given the parking issues at QEUH (the Southern to you traditionalists) , there would seem to be a need for perhaps a major park and ride set up in the area to service match day demand at Ibrox as well as hospital the rest of the time. Now, if this was at the other end of the city.....

It is the other end of the city as well.

On 18/05/2018 at 18:51, Bad Robot said:

Anyone guess or know what’s coming ?

11A5F320-4995-4453-9DCC-16FDB3DEEB50.jpeg

I’d guess it’ll be something to do with club1872 and the forthcoming share issue.

Maybe a threat from the club that the fans all need tae sign up, or else, kinda thing.

EDIT: I’m fukkin days behind! Ignore.?

I genuinely don't think 35k come by car. There's the NI boys, which is a good few thousand and then supporters buses, which is probably the largest portion. Then the ones who just walk, a few thousand. Then the subway, which is probably correct. 

36 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I genuinely don't think 35k come by car. There's the NI boys, which is a good few thousand and then supporters buses, which is probably the largest portion. Then the ones who just walk, a few thousand. Then the subway, which is probably correct. 

If there are 35,000 supporters coming by car that probably means at least about fifteen to twenty thousand cars parked about the place.

And if that's true I'm quitting my job and dressing up as a wean on match days to watch them. 

5 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

If there are 35,000 supporters coming by car that probably means at least about fifteen to twenty thousand cars parked about the place.

And if that's true I'm quitting my job and dressing up as a wean on match days to watch them. 

£2 a pop. That's £40k every 2 weeks. 

Might join you. 

On 24/05/2018 at 08:43, bombaybadboy08 said:

Email sent, last chance folks before the deadline.

What time today is the cut off point?  

This proposal will also affect those who sell memorabilia outside the stadium as they will need a permit for unloading and loading.

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=41125&p=0

22 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

What time today is the cut off point?  

This proposal will also affect those who sell memorabilia outside the stadium as they will need a permit for unloading and loading.

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=41125&p=0

I’m sure it was yesterday.

• 2 months later...
On 20/05/2018 at 08:13, Gman36 said:

A multi storey car park would not have the capacity of all the street parking. Plus it would be a massive bottleneck. 

Has there been any study by the council demonstrating a huge problem that's going to be solved by this? Sounds a lot like fixing something that isn't broken. Oh and what a surprise fucks us over in the process. 

I'm going to fire an email over for this suggest others do the same. 

I was just get into trouble for my expletives and use of words like utter corrupt Scumbags 

The place is needing nuked