Congratulations To Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, St Mirren et al...........

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

It’s what many of our fans wanted too. 

My memory was that our fans would have expected to stay in the premier league but once we were voted out of it we were happy to go to Div 3 rather than be given any favours by the SFL, which was a separate organisation back then. Don't remember the tarriers being demoted when they had their financial meltdown in 1993. 

8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

My memory was that our fans would have expected to stay in the premier league but once we were voted out of it we were happy to go to Div 3 rather than be given any favours by the SFL, which was a separate organisation back then. Don't remember the tarriers being demoted when they had their financial meltdown in 1993. 

I don't remember anything being done to them. 

No fines, point deductions, demotions, transfer bans, court cases, appeals, and 6 years (and counting) of people trying to punish them. (Correct me if any of that happened).

But they got a new owner and a new stadium built (on the cheap). 

1 minute ago, Bluenose1986 said:

I don't remember anything being done to them. 

No fines, point deductions, demotions, transfer bans, court cases, appeals, and 6 years (and counting) of people trying to punish them. (Correct me if any of that happened).

But they got a new owner and a new stadium built (on the cheap). 

Biggest difference was no social media back then.  SFA and SFL could deal with it internally and did what they thought was best for Scottish Football. This time it was driven by social media with the SFA/SPL too willing to be influenced by it. 

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but was the plan for us to have 5 titles stripped had we been fast tracked into the first division? 

That was what the SPL wanted. SFL clubs refused it outright. They then proposed we went into the First division with the potential that we could be stripped of titles in the future and that got knocked back. Tried a third time to get us into the first division and clubs still refused to back it. I was told at the time by one SFL chairman that there was no circumstances that they would have voted us into D1. It was SPL or D3. Nothing inbetween.

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

Many fans wanted to go to D3 instead of staying in the SPL.

The one thing I wish you all would have done is to have stuck with boycotting away games and putting much needed money into the coffers of clubs that need Rangers to sell out the away end, and in the case of celtic, just not fund them in anyway. 

The league is lucky to have you, remember that and so should the enemies of Rangers.