coopsleftboot

Derek Parlane & Sammy King

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

looks like a top night!!!

As much as penny arcade has been over played at Ibrox... I still remember when it first started doing the rounds... was magic. Especially the big games the whole stadium going mad for it. e

• Like 2

Brilliant. Big Numan has some set a lungs. 

Not many clubs in the world where foreign legends would come back 20 years later to a wee venue and join in the songs.

Lets go.

• Like 4

That was brilliant-Derek was up front first Rangers game I ever saw; he's looked after himself!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Not many clubs in the world where foreign legends would come back 20 years later to a wee venue and join in the songs.

Lets go.

Big Numan  fucking loves the Gers and has always been superb with our support one of very few no one has a bad word to say about.

What a video it gave me goosebumps and a tingle down my spine.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Lets go.

Was that Mols beside him? good point though.

6 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Big Numan  fucking loves the Gers and has always been superb with our support one of very few no one has a bad word to say about.

What a video it gave me goosebumps and a tingle down my spine.

Whilst I agree about Numan it’s must be remembered that he was offered a decent salary to stay at us and his words were “ I’d rather retire than take that wage cut “. That’s the only bit about him that annoyed me. He was still offered a decent wage 

• Like 1

Born is The King of Ibrox Park.

There always was and always will be something really classy about Derek Parlane.

• Like 2

The Richard Gere of Rhu ?

Derek got me my first tickets to a game at Ibrox...unfortunately we lost to Arbroath...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Whilst I agree about Numan it’s must be remembered that he was offered a decent salary to stay at us and his words were “ I’d rather retire than take that wage cut “. That’s the only bit about him that annoyed me. He was still offered a decent wage 

I had heard about that but we don't know the details of the offer I assume. And it's his choice what to do with such a short playing career. 

It's not as if Numan is like Marco Negri a sulky cunt who didn't give a fuck about the club when he was here and suddenly after retirement he realised that he could make money from our support by flogging his book etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcbear said:

Was that Mols beside him? good point though.

Yes mate. Was up filming the crowd and everything.

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Nice one, Derek.

Very subtle :lol:

I wonder how many got that one ? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pcbear said:

Big Derek still looks fit enough to play, clattering a goal in v Bayern Munich in the ecwc semi was 46 years ago ffs.

All blue strip and no surrender to tune of amazing grace.  IMP the best ever rendition of any song. Goose bumps

36 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Just us old yins ?

? :lol:

• Like 1

Quality, got to love Numan and Mols. They really don’t need to come back time after time to do Rangers functions and supporters clubs but they are always there. 

That’s absolutely superb. 

Look how good Parlane looks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Quality, got to love Numan and Mols. They really don’t need to come back time after time to do Rangers functions and supporters clubs but they are always there. 

Numan is one of the very few ex players I enjoy listening to at functions. Doesn’t throw cheap lines out but actually speak really well & his fondness for the club is clear for all to see

• Like 1

A mind seeing Parlane in a pre season friendly against caley in the 70s. So long ago not sure if memory playing tricks or no. That is a cracking wee vid. Big smooth bastard that he is.

17 hours ago, pcbear said:

Big Derek still looks fit enough to play, clattering a goal in v Bayern Munich in the ecwc semi was 46 years ago ffs.

I was there. 46 years!! Where did the time go??

5 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

All blue strip and no surrender to tune of amazing grace.  IMP the best ever rendition of any song. Goose bumps

Wonder why that version went out of favour? Was always one of my favourites too.