Frank de Bear

Liam Lindsay (Barnsley)

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

What method did you use to get to the figure 90%?

Totally unscientific guesswork based on the amount of badge kissers who have left us for greener pastures.

5 minutes ago, Jmax1998 said:

Totally unscientific guesswork based on the amount of badge kissers who have left us for greener pastures.

So you're a fraud. Reported.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Shame that once again a decent player in Scotland goes away before we take notice. 

Still cant believe Robertson played against us 4 times and nobody thought he’s decent. 

I think he was rated (playingwise, at least) but I think it seemed fairly widely thought that he was a tarrier who had no interest in signing for us.

21 hours ago, TMB said:

I was on a Barnsley forum reading about Liam Lindsay.  They seem to think he tries to play his way out of trouble too often.  This puts unnecessary pressure on himself.  The consensus, despite this criticism, is that he's a solid defender and they're happy to have him.

Bloody hell - he never learned that in Scotland!

Anyway, if anybody can recognise a CB who overplays, it’ll be Barnsley fans!

22 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Shame that once again a decent player in Scotland goes away before we take notice. 

Still cant believe Robertson played against us 4 times and nobody thought he’s decent. 

A lot of the fans noticed. He was mentioned quite a few times on here. Only person who didn't was the 'fan' with the over-inflated salary. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Gough probably the best in our history in the 10.

While this is true I don’t think he would have been anywhere near as effective if he didn’t have the magnificent CF number 9 Dave McPherson knocking in his crosses and through balls. What a partnership up top. Windass and Morelos take note!!

49 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Bloody hell - he never learned that in Scotland!

Anyway, if anybody can recognise a CB who overplays, it’ll be Barnsley fans!

I think Barnsley encourage that kind of play from their defenders, Sure John Stones said he was always taught to play out of trouble from an early age at Barnsley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

I think Barnsley encourage that kind of play from their defenders, Sure John Stones said he was always taught to play out of trouble from an early age at Barnsley.

That’s who I had in mind, mate👍

• Like 1

On 05/06/2018 at 21:08, Hamie said:

A lot of the fans noticed. He was mentioned quite a few times on here. Only person who didn't was the 'fan' with the over-inflated salary. 

I remember asking my mate who he was when we played Queens Park at Hampden.  He’s a mank but I bet he’d have signed if we’d made a move.  

Is this one a no go?  Wouldn't be against signing either him or Bartley alongside Goldson and Katic.  Keep Alves, and pick up another CB cheap/free, then we have solid depth in the position.

On 05/06/2018 at 21:16, Siwel said:

Stones was a midfielder at Barnsley  ready for the exit when he was chucked into a game when they were short of defenders, he shone was kept on and has done not too bad for himself, that was from a guy I met on holiday whose boy played for Barnsley and was Stones good pal.

• Like 1

I’d like Lindsay to sign and play alongside the other three. 

Three young, tall, athletic centre halves.

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I’d like Lindsay to sign and play alongside the other three. 

Three young, tall, cathletic centre halves.

Are they all Cathletic?

I’m joking, I’m joking. 

I think people might be a bit premature assuming that we are going to play 3 center halfs.

I honestly think it might be another year with a back 4.