Davie Weir meets Simon Ferry

soulboy

10 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Jesus Christ, nobody hates Rangers quite like Rangers fans. Compare the replies in this thread to the Jordan Thompson one, all wishing him well and all sorts of goodwill. That's fine, that's the way it should be. However, what the fuck did he ever do for Rangers?? Did he even play a first team game?

Compare with Weir, who won 3 league titles, 4 cups and was part of the Uefa cup final team. He was a huge part of us getting back to being a winning team on Walter's return. He was instrumental in the successes we had with Cuellar, Bougherra and Danny Wilson. Those players shone playing alongside him under his guidance.

For all those who wank over Kyle Bartley's tackle on brown, see Weir throttling Gary Caldwell.

It's a shame that he is a poor coach and wurburtons mate, but so what? That period is over, let it fucking go!! Remember what he did on the pitch for us! Same as McCoist, he is our legend but there's so much hate for him online! Let go of the grievances and remember what they did on the pitch, because that's where they were made for. They are Rangers playing legends, just not fit to manage us. That should never negate their playing days.

We do our enemies jobs for them, they must love seeing the vitriol we have for our own. It's baffling. Remember the good times and don't let bitterness poison the memories.

I can see why you're Spliffy, feel the love man. :lol:

Just because they were very good important players for us, doesn't justify or excuse their most recent actions at/towards the club. 

5 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

I can see why you're Spliffy, feel the love man. :lol:

Just because they were very good important players for us, doesn't justify or excuse their most recent actions at/towards the club. 

Just because they made a cunt of management along with bad choices doesn't mean they should be ostracized and be the focus of hate amongst a support they gave their all for when on the pitch. We have enough outside the club who hate us, I wish we wouldn't contribute.

13 hours ago, Paulbrian11 said:

He was a great player for us and that should be remembered.  His time as assistant and the way he left leaves a bitter taste but.  Still a bit raw.

McCoist is an utter cunt, raw or not doesn’t change what they did.

Another great player that's ruined his status. All he had to do was hold his hands up and say he wasn't good enough, instead he acted like a snake and engineered a way out then threatened the club with court action. Forgive and forget? I'd rather just forget all about him.

1 hour ago, VentyFour said:

Another great player that's ruined his status. All he had to do was hold his hands up and say he wasn't good enough, instead he acted like a snake and engineered a way out then threatened the club with court action. Forgive and forget? I'd rather just forget all about him.

I honestly don't know Why people hate them for trying to leave. Their time was up and we were looking for them to get sacked. If I knew I was getting the bullet in my job I would most certainly be looking elsewhere. 

I'll give you the court action though that was shit.

42 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I honestly don't know Why people hate them for trying to leave. Their time was up and we were looking for them to get sacked. If I knew I was getting the bullet in my job I would most certainly be looking elsewhere. 

I'll give you the court action though that was shit.

I never mentioned the word hate. I just can't see the man as a legend of our club after the way he treated us. He could of had some integrity and said that he had failed and was looking for a new job. He would have still held his legend status in my eyes. Instead he pretended he wasn't looking elsewhere before quitting and joining the club he said he wasn't in contact with, then said he never quit and threatened legal action against the club he grew up supporting. Being part of Rangers isn't just a job, he's not working a 9-5 selling mortgages, as a "legend" he had a responsibility to the club and fans and instead he acted like a snake.

Good luck to him whatever he does however he shouldn't now be giving interviews about us, his time here is done.

4 hours ago, Spliffy said:

Jesus Christ, nobody hates Rangers quite like Rangers fans. Compare the replies in this thread to the Jordan Thompson one, all wishing him well and all sorts of goodwill. That's fine, that's the way it should be. However, what the fuck did he ever do for Rangers?? Did he even play a first team game?

Compare with Weir, who won 3 league titles, 4 cups and was part of the Uefa cup final team. He was a huge part of us getting back to being a winning team on Walter's return. He was instrumental in the successes we had with Cuellar, Bougherra and Danny Wilson. Those players shone playing alongside him under his guidance.

For all those who wank over Kyle Bartley's tackle on brown, see Weir throttling Gary Caldwell.

It's a shame that he is a poor coach and wurburtons mate, but so what? That period is over, let it fucking go!! Remember what he did on the pitch for us! Same as McCoist, he is our legend but there's so much hate for him online! Let go of the grievances and remember what they did on the pitch, because that's where they were made for. They are Rangers playing legends, just not fit to manage us. That should never negate their playing days.

We do our enemies jobs for them, they must love seeing the vitriol we have for our own. It's baffling. Remember the good times and don't let bitterness poison the memories.

Good post

A few of the usual warmers on here are not fully representative of the majority of members (who are mainly silent tbf) 

@.Williamson. ‘s comment was particularly vile I thought. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Where’s your hate man! How have you lasted so long on here? :pipe::pipe: 

i still dream of a team of Davie Weirs! 

Thick skin and a massive blue nose tends to work. 

And no biting back is key to survival. 

Oh, and keeping my political views separate from my football views 

1 hour ago, VentyFour said:

I never mentioned the word hate. I just can't see the man as a legend of our club after the way he treated us. He could of had some integrity and said that he had failed and was looking for a new job. He would have still held his legend status in my eyes. Instead he pretended he wasn't looking elsewhere before quitting and joining the club he said he wasn't in contact with, then said he never quit and threatened legal action against the club he grew up supporting. Being part of Rangers isn't just a job, he's not working a 9-5 selling mortgages, as a "legend" he had a responsibility to the club and fans and instead he acted like a snake.

Good luck to him whatever he does however he shouldn't now be giving interviews about us, his time here is done.

All of your points on how he left are conjecture which over time, has turned into 'facts'. 

Davie Weir is a good bear and was an absolute class act for us for years. 

None of us know exactly what went on but I wouldn't trust this board as far as I could grogger so would be willing to at least give him the benefit of the doubt. 

36 minutes ago, smartypants said:

All of your points on how he left are conjecture which over time, has turned into 'facts'. 

Davie Weir is a good bear and was an absolute class act for us for years. 

None of us know exactly what went on but I wouldn't trust this board as far as I could grogger so would be willing to at least give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Threatening the club with legal action isn’t conjecture. That happened. They approached the LMA. The LMA approached Rangers for evidence to support their claim that they resigned. The LMA decided against taking the case on once Rangers backed up the claim they resigned 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Threatening the club with legal action isn’t conjecture. That happened. They approached the LMA. The LMA approached Rangers for evidence to support their claim that they resigned. The LMA decided against taking the case on once Rangers backed up the claim they resigned 

Link to this please? 

What's your take on the original events? 

Do you think it's as straightforward as them being caught engineering a way out of the club? 

Do you think Weir is deserving of being called a cunt/rat/snake over this? 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Good post

A few of the usual warmers on here are not fully representative of the majority of members (who are mainly silent tbf) 

@.Williamson. ‘s comment was particularly vile I thought. 

What is the point in a silent member on an Internet forum?

If you want to pretend Davie Weir is still a club legend then batter in. Personally I would be fine hearing someone slapped him round the jaw with a shovel