Davie Weir meets Simon Ferry

soulboy

32 minutes ago, smartypants said:

Link to this please? 

What's your take on the original events? 

Do you think it's as straightforward as them being caught engineering a way out of the club? 

Do you think Weir is deserving of being called a cunt/rat/snake over this? 

Warburton was down at Forrest a week or so before they left.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Warburton was down at Forrest a week or so before they left.

I've got a wee bit of a theory on it. Might be completely wrong and am happy to be shot down.. 

I think sometime around the Hearts pumping, the board told W&W they'd be sacked or resigned at some later date. When Warburton was spotted at Nottingham they saw an opportunity to cut their losses without having to give them a payout. 

It could explain Warburton's initial bewilderment when the news broke he had resigned. 

Could explain why the statement from the board was confusing as there seemed to be a discrepancy in their timeline of events. Iirc they claimed W&W had resigned on a certain date but they had  took training on days after. 

Might also explain why they went to the LMA with a grievance. 

1 minute ago, smartypants said:

I've got a wee bit of a theory on it. Might be completely wrong and am happy to be shot down.. 

I think sometime around the Hearts pumping, the board told W&W they'd be sacked or resigned at some later date. When Warburton was spotted at Nottingham they saw an opportunity to cut their losses without having to give them a payout. 

It could explain Warburton's initial bewilderment when the news broke he had resigned. 

Could explain why the statement from the board was confusing as there seemed to be a discrepancy in their timeline of events. Iirc they claimed W&W had resigned on a certain date but they had  took training on days after. 

Might also explain why they went to the LMA with a grievance. 

I think the story goes they did actually submit resignations and the board accepted 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think the story goes they did actually submit resignations and the board accepted 

When though? And why then the clusterfuck with Warburton denying it at first and the board contradicting themselves with the dates in the statement? 

44 minutes ago, smartypants said:

When though? And why then the clusterfuck with Warburton denying it at first and the board contradicting themselves with the dates in the statement? 

I'm really unsure as I can't really remember that far back but if the LMA decided to side with the club is suggest what the club have claimed isn't far from the truth  

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm really unsure as I can't really remember that far back but if the LMA decided to side with the club is suggest what the club have claimed isn't far from the truth  

I don't disagree, my point is I think the club and Warburton had came to some sort of verbal agreement about them leaving and it somehow went to fuck. 

It's why I don't think they deserve the snakes/rats tag. 

I plan in watching this later on in work for 2 reasons. 

1. Weir was instrumental in our revival under Walter Smith, taking the team all the way to the UEFA cup final, winning league titles.

2. To hear his views on the Warburton shambles.

I watched the Barry Ferguson one an he opitomises everything I’d want in every player in the team

ive heard a lot of criticism of Barry on here, in fact it seems as if more people dislike him than like him 

but anybody who thinks of him as Barry ma baw, Barry booze bag, the man who ran the dressing room, got le guen sacked etc etc

next time yer bored, give it a watch an look me out on here an tell me you still dislike him, I honestly don’t think he could come across any better if he tried

i really hope Barry is Rangers manager one day, I’d almost bank on it happening, anyway it’s not time for me to rabble shite about this it’s Gerrards job an I’m looking forward to seeing how he does, got a good feeling about this

36 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I watched the Barry Ferguson one an he opitomises everything I’d want in every player in the team

ive heard a lot of criticism of Barry on here, in fact it seems as if more people dislike him than like him 

but anybody who thinks of him as Barry ma baw, Barry booze bag, the man who ran the dressing room, got le guen sacked etc etc

next time yer bored, give it a watch an look me out on here an tell me you still dislike him, I honestly don’t think he could come across any better if he tried

i really hope Barry is Rangers manager one day, I’d almost bank on it happening, anyway it’s not time for me to rabble shite about this it’s Gerrards job an I’m looking forward to seeing how he does, got a good feeling about this

I hope he gets nowhere near the job and I like Barry

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I hope he gets nowhere near the job and I like Barry

Just incase it comes across like I’m trying to be fly or create an argument can you answer me this, have you watched his interview when he talks about management? If not please watch it an tell me your honest opinion then, cos I think it could change people’s perception of the idea

It all about opinions an I respect yours even tho it’s the opposite of mine.??

He also talks about when he was down south he craved the pressure he had at Rangers it fired him up, he knew he had to keep his standards up because anything other than a win is unacceptable at Rangers, the way us fans expect our players to be, my opinion is when/if he ever becomes manager at Rangers some day, no matter how many jobs or how successful he is before it happens the Rangers job will be different to every other to him I an Barry himself would think he would thrive on the pressure on his shoulders as the manager, just like when he was a player.

It’s hypothetical anyway cos it’s gerrards job an I don’t want it to sound like I’m championing Barry Ferguson for manager I was a big fan of Barry the player an going by the interview it was interesting to hear his version of a lot of events that happened an made people take a dislike to him but I’m 100% happy to back Stevie G to the hilt an hope it works for us

On 23/05/2018 at 21:49, ArmedJimmy said:

He didn't go into a lot of detail on leaving with Warburton, which was a bit disappointed.

Good to hear him talk about his playing days at Rangers though. Obviously loved his time here. 

I think I was Walter who got the best out of weir, he knew him as a inside out as a player an how to build his defence around him that would be pretty solid, an weir knew Walter trusted him 100%