Ibrox Parking Restrictions

bear86

I think it'll clog up a lot of the areas next to subway stations too. Folk will be "parking and riding" around all the stations. The council/ spt will be wanting the subways to be used more. But it's not all that practical as the subway would appear to struggle to cope on match days as it is. 

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The silence from the club on this (outwith a few tweets from the SLO) has been an absolute disgrace. 

Did the club not put out a statement on this last week, or was it just the SLO tweeting that they were going to?

8 minutes ago, mus said:

Did the club not put out a statement on this last week, or was it just the SLO tweeting that they were going to?

Yeah it just came through the SLO's Twitter account who has 13k followers. Nothing on the club website or the Rangers twitter which has 400k+ followers. 

The club should be leading from the front on it and openly challenging this plus presenting evidence as to why it's a shocking idea to the politicians behind it. 

4 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Saw this last week, but not sure from where

Edit, just seen Eskbanks post, thanks for that:tu:

Rangers Football Club is opposing the proposed Ibrox Stadium event day parking restriction proposals

We believe the proposals are flawed and completely unworkable in its current format for a number of reasons including the absence of a comprehensive transport infrastructure review and lack of provision for additional sustainable transport methods within the proposal.

The majority of supporters will be affected - approx. 32,500 travel into Ibrox from out with the Glasgow area with approx. 35,000 traveling by Private Motor Vehicle. Given both of these figures, it is clear to the club that there is not enough current public transport infrastructure to cope with an increase in demand resulting from this proposed order.

Additionally it is believed that alternatives methods of transport do not have the capacity at this time to cope with current demand. The Subway network currently is utilised by an average of 4,500 supporters per game and there is no provision within the proposal to ensure a large increase in capacity.

Further Supporters’ coaches take approx. 8,500 supporters per game. It is believed that under the current proposal there is a lack of sufficient coach parking spaces to cope with the potential increase in demand resulting from the proposal.

The Club believes that it would be prudent to ensure there is additional public transport such as improved rail links available for use prior to the consideration of additional parking controls.

We also believe that the permit distributional model is flawed.

We believe the proposed parking permit zone boundary will result in a detrimental effect to other local communities out with the proposed parking zone. 

The Club have been contacted by numerous supporters and supporters groups extremely concerned about the proposals and are keen to represent their feelings on the matter. 

We encourage our supporters to object to the proposed Order.

Any person wishing to object to the proposed Order must submit this in writing to Andy Waddell, Head of Infrastructure and Environment, Land and Environmental Services, Exchange House, 231 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RX or email saferparking-ibroxstadium@glasgow.gov.uk and it must be received by Friday 25 May 2018.

For comparison, this was released by celtic last week:

celtic Football Club plan to meet with Glasgow City Council in relation to the issue of car parking around celtic Park on matchdays.

Recent Council proposals, if approved, would prohibit parking potentially within a mile of the stadium on match days. celtic once again plan to make the Council aware of our serious concerns in relation to these proposed changes.

The Club has been inundated with inquiries from our supporters in relation to these proposals and we can assure our fans that we will be doing all we can to ensure the Club’s voice is heard.

We believe this new range of parking restrictions would seriously disadvantage our supporters and we do not regard these proposals as appropriate or workable in the context of delivering major events at celtic Park. 

As one of Europe’s major sporting institutions, which provides a huge economic benefit to the local economy of Glasgow and the East End of the City, we consider it essential that our supporters’ concerns are addressed.

celtic Park is one of Europe’s largest football stadia and plays host to major events, attended by huge numbers of people and profiling the city worldwide - it is essential too, therefore, that the needs of our supporters, the people who participate in creating these events, are also considered. 

This issue also brings the inadequacy of local public transport links sharply into focus. For some time, celtic Football Club has campaigned for adequate, integrated, public transport links to celtic Park on match days and this is also a matter which requires attention.

celtic will be delighted to work with Glasgow City Council on these matters and will always aim to ensure that positive solutions can be reached.  

The formal consultation period has now been launched and through this process, the Club and our supporters have the opportunity to contribute. 

If you wish to object to these proposals you must submit your views to: saferparking-celticpark@glasgow.gov.uk

Or you can do so by writing to A Waddell, Head of Land and Environmental Services, Exchange House, 231 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RX

Objections must be received by Friday 1 June 2018. This is something we would encourage our supporters to do.

We await feedback from the City Council and will inform our supporters of any news on this issue as soon as possible.

Full details of the proposals are available at www.glasgow.gov.uk

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

For comparison, this was released by celtic last week:

*snip*

Objections must be received by Friday 1 June 2018. This is something we would encourage our supporters to do.

We await feedback from the City Council and will inform our supporters of any news on this issue as soon as possible.

Full details of the proposals are available at www.glasgow.gov.uk

Why do they get a week longer to object than us? Not suggesting anything nefarious,  just curious. 

This parking ban already exists at hampden for matchdays, and their taking about doing the same around parkhead.

I honestly don’t think this is them picking on us, but more from listening to residents around ibrox. 

I do drive to games, but tend to either park further away anyway.

This is what you are up against:

Thank you for your undernoted email.

I can advise that you would not be eligible for a parking permit as these are only for the residents who live there.

The Council wish to discourage vehicles into the area when games are on to reduce congestion, building a car park would be contrary to this.

You may wish to consider using public transport for part of your journey. Joined up journeys and journey planning for public transport options can be found at www.SPT.co.uk/journeyplanner. Alternatively you could drive for the majority of your journey and park in a long stay car park within the city.

I trust this is of assistance.

Christine Francis

Divisional Manager – Technical Services

Land and Environmental Services

I received an automated reply first then the above.  I pointed out that 5 of us travel by car which is a 250 mile round trip so we don't have any real options aside from the car.  I reckon this will happen.

2 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

This is what you are up against:

Thank you for your undernoted email.

I can advise that you would not be eligible for a parking permit as these are only for the residents who live there.

The Council wish to discourage vehicles into the area when games are on to reduce congestion, building a car park would be contrary to this.

You may wish to consider using public transport for part of your journey. Joined up journeys and journey planning for public transport options can be found at www.SPT.co.uk/journeyplanner. Alternatively you could drive for the majority of your journey and park in a long stay car park within the city.

I trust this is of assistance.

Christine Francis

Divisional Manager – Technical Services

Land and Environmental Services

I received an automated reply first then the above.  I pointed out that 5 of us travel by car which is a 250 mile round trip so we don't have any real options aside from the car.  I reckon this will happen.

Not staunch.

Wish people would check their facts before going for the 'corrupt GCC' line.

If we're shouting 'corruption' at the drop of a hat it just makes it easy to dismiss us as paranoid wrecks when actual instances of questionable behaviour occur.