Martin Bain

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

I've always remembered the look of contempt he had on his face after an away game v Dunfermline that lead to a few Bears telling him exactly what we thought of him. Guy is a prick and a rich one at that due to the ott wage he stole when he was here. Not wanted back in any capacity. 

Yup, and he's a cunt.

10 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I've always remembered the look of contempt he had on his face after an away game v Dunfermline that lead to a few Bears telling him exactly what we thought of him. Guy is a prick and a rich one at that due to the ott wage he stole when he was here. Not wanted back in any capacity. 

Not sure how he stole a wage? 

CEs are paid well, that’s the bottom line. Ours is on £500k+ and has a far less pressurised environment to work in than a football Cheif Exec. 

Most of the others are back so it wouldn't surprise me if he showed up to line his pockets some more. 

He makes Charlie Green look like an amateur when it comes to screwing money out the club. 

Bain was part of a squad that rubber stamped outrageous contracts for each other when the club was skint. 

6 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Just wanted to see how many would bite. Of course I don't want him back

Don't try and backtrack now chef, is that the kind of excuse you say when everybody snubs your woeful attempts at cooking?

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

CEs are paid well, that’s the bottom line. Ours is on £500k+ and has a far less pressurised environment to work in than a football Cheif Exec. 

If you think he earned every pound he (imho) stole just because thats what CE's get then fair enough. He was imho a handwringing apologist who as @Guardian posted above wrote up a severance package into his last contract that was obscene and at a time when we were fucked. If your actually defending him and his wage then I'm afraid we will NEVER find any common ground on this subject. 

I appreciate and respect your right to have your opinion. Even if in this case it's 100% wrong. 

Someone has messaged me to say that @backup on Twitter has said the deal to take Bain 'back home' is being arranged by @thehost and a mutual friend of theirs called Teddy, and they want people to show their support by using the hashtag #BringBrotherBainBackBears on Twitter.

Not on Twitter so no idea of this is true but it's 100% fact, and that's why host hasn't posted on the forums since yesterday

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

If you think he earned every pound he (imho) stole just because thats what CE's get then fair enough. He was imho a handwringing apologist who as @Guardian posted above wrote up a severance package into his last contract that was obscene and at a time when we were fucked. If your actually defending him and his wage then I'm afraid we will NEVER find any common ground on this subject. 

I appreciate and respect your right to have your opinion. Even if in this case it's 100% wrong. 

:tu:

...... not to mention the equally obscene salary and severance package he sanctioned for McCoist ..... and we all know how that one turned out ....with him becoming the highest paid gardener ever .... not to mention the worst mistake as a manager ever.

Yeah! Martin Bain's da man allright .... let's all welcome him home ....:p:

:UK:

47 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Someone has messaged me to say that @backup on Twitter has said the deal to take Bain 'back home' is being arranged by @thehost and a mutual friend of theirs called Teddy, and they want people to show their support by using the hashtag #BringBrotherBainBackBears on Twitter.

Not on Twitter so no idea of this is true but it's 100% fact, and that's why host hasn't posted on the forums since yesterday

Bain makes your mate seem almost above board........

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I would say writing your own contract and signing it off is stealing a wage. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would say writing your own contract and signing it off is stealing a wage. 

Will have been approved by the board surely. 

I’m in no way defending him, and certainly don’t want him back. 

Just fed up with the term ‘wage theif’ being banded around to describe everyone that’s ever been involved with our club.

People in high powered positions are paid well. Granted some of the figures sound obscene to the typical man on the street who earns £30k a year, but that’s the reality.