Siwel

Ben Woodburn and Ryan Kent (Liverpool)

8 minutes ago, shaka said:

Aren't Woodburn, Wilson and Kent all wingers? We already have Murphy and Candeias too.... are we planning to just play a team of wingers!

For the record Wilson and Woodburn would be amazing signings if they happen.

I think Murphy will play more centrally next season. As for Candeias, I like him but he's far from irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

1 or 2 loan players who will add to the squad is all well and good but we should be developing players and selling them on like the scum across the city.

As soon as Gerrard was confirmed, Woodburn was the first name I expected us to go in for. By no means the finished product, but I think he'd be a great signing. 

I'm not against loan signings, but this is getting a bit much, especially since all the ones we are linked with play similar positions. 

30 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

1 or 2 loan players who will add to the squad is all well and good but we should be developing players and selling them on like the scum across the city.

We need a strong core of quality players who will be mainstays and I'm sure that's where our cash will go.  Nothing wrong with filling the squad with young guys on loan as celtic have done in the past with the likes of Roberts, Edouard, Denayer, etc.  A good mix can work great we just need a good eye for talent.  Gerrard has probably worked with many of these young guys during his time at Liverpool so these will be his picks and the fans will need to show faith in him.  

• Like 1

Woodburn a striker is he not? Solanke the back up option to him?

That Kent was class season before last. Went to Germany and was shite.

34 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Woodburn a striker is he not? Solanke the back up option to him?

That Kent was class season before last. Went to Germany and was shite.

No Woodburn is a winger as is Kent and Wilson, there is no chance all three will be arriving on loan, this story is just made up rubbish.

• Like 1

No signings Imminent according to Chris jack of ET.

in fact the  article that I posted in the Skrtel thread... Seems to me that the club are trying to calm expectations a little and  get everything back under control 7-10days to late imo

From what I've seen of Woodburn, he'd be a class signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bears&Reds said:

No Woodburn is a winger as is Kent and Wilson, there is no chance all three will be arriving on loan, this story is just made up rubbish.

Ah fair enough, I’ve said from the start the one I want is Wilson so long as he signs im happy.

Few of my scouse pals thot was no chance of getting him as Klopp wanted him about first team next season.

Woodburn will be a top player and he'd do us a turn right now imo.

8 hours ago, Vision said:

Glen's, Hutchison, Robertson & Stepek

KingKirk would still say " sign em up "

Aye but you get to pay for the bench weekly

• Like 1

Another long season if we are filling the first team squad full of loan players.

1 or 2 loans are enough and if only they are top prospects.  

Hubcap Loyal.
You have to wonder how the east end tramps would react if we won 55 with 11 young loanee scousers :mutley::UK:

Was always my fear that we would get 3 or 4 liverpool youths up and looks like this might be the case. Im not keen on that at all tbh but i will reserve judgement until the start of the season and i see our starting line up. 

I guess we will just have to put trust in the gaffer after all he has seen these lads up close unlike any of us. Just hope we are also looking at tried and trusted aswell which im in no doubt we are.

Woodbury and Wilson would be brilliant,not arsed about Kent 

Fucking Clark Kent we need to sign to have any chance of winning the league.

• Like 2

Ryan Kent yes please 

27 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

File under shite if Dom Solanke is a back up

It doesn’t say who he would be back up for. It doesn’t necessarily mean one of those young guys.

Dom Solanke and Harry Wilson are the two I would want in on loan. And probably the only two at that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Dom Solanke and Harry Wilson are the two I would want in on loan. And probably the only two at that. 

Likewise, Solanke surely more worthwhile than Woodburn and Wilson than Kent? 

Either way, not convinced these players are the ones we need.

Never heard of Kent in my puff.

Would rather we signed youngsters on permanent contracts and sell them for profit.