Feel good factor coming back?

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

The proof of the pudding and all that. The skrtel stuff quickly followed by 3 youth players has me a bit worried that we put the Skrtel rumour out there and then say "we didn't get him but look! 3 Liverpool youth players! and a squirrel!!"

I really really hope Gerrard realises that a large number of liverpool loans arent going to win us anything. If that's his success strategy, he won't be here at Xmas.

Why would we sign a squirrel 

Being a Rangers supporter over the last 5 years should see us all fresh out of feel good factor. We had a few moderate ups quickly followed by some mighty downs so any confidence we might have should be very reserved for the sake of our own sanity.

A hell of a lot of things need to change at our club before we can expect any progress to be made and the feel good factor to return. We need a board that isn't infested by those who seek to further their own ends before furthering the interests and progress of the club and who are prepared to invest, and raise, proper funds to facilitate success. We need a proper PR department as the current incumbents are incompetent at best. We need a board, or an individual, who will stand up for the club and it's supporters and defend it, and us, against the constant barrage of attacks from the insidious Rangers haters in the media and from those within the Scottish Football organisations. And finally, we need a team of players on the park with enough heart and backbone to play the game as if they mean it, know what it means to be a Rangers player and led by an individual worthy of the captains armband.

The appointment of Steven Gerrard is a drop in the ocean of what is required and for the feel good factor to return there is a very long, rough and rugged road which we will have to travel.

I definitely feel better now than I did after the 2 OF games but the only way I will have a "feel good factor" is when we have the 'fear factor' back.

to an extent  we saw it up to the championship, but when we got promoted it had disappeared.

not one team fears coming to Ibrox anymore.

4 hours ago, plumbGER said:

You're forgetting Joe Dodoo and MOH mate.

Jeez now even more deflated as I had completely forgot about Dodoo and was under the impression that MOH will never feature for us again.

There is a reason Dodoo has only played 30 games in the last 3 years - he was an okay prospect as a youngster but is not making the grade at a decent level.

We really need to shift this dross on

7 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

If this is a failure I just hope Walters health is still in good nick, na seriously tho, no point in even contemplating it not working unless you enjoy feeling like shite.

we deserve a bit of positivity after the last 7 year, we should embrace it 

Will embrace it when the season starts and all our present shite are shipped out 

With any luck 

14 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Zidane is God like in football. I'm certainly listening to him and I'm sure Gerrard is a big fan.

The fact that Zidane is saying he will check our results is massive and is some free much needed publicity for this club.

eu0vf3f.gif.4b699c3b27ee8634ee313e50305ce9ba.gif

Was that the year he was voted the GOAT?

I hope the new season under Stevie G will be good, but it is far too early to know and having been taken in by various fuck ups over the last couple of years I am hoping for the best but unfortunately no real feel good factor at the moment. 

I am normally a glass half full guy but just not willing to set myself up for disappointment again so soon. 

We now have a big name in world football terms in charge but untested as a manager. We still have about 10 or so players who are costing millions in wages who wont ever kick a ball for us again. We haven't signed anyone yet since SG was announced. 

No, I dont yet have a feel good factor about next season.

We haven’t kicked a ball under Gerrard yet and don’t have an idea of his signings, or shape and playing style as yet. We still have not rectified our horrendous central defence etc. If we make strong signings and have a decent preseason i’ll be encouraged but no more than that. Far too many people getting carried away over average performance and players that have not achieved anything with us as yet.

For me a feelgood factor won’t be until we stop being mediocre, beat them home and away and have a trophy in the cabinet. Up until then we need to get the heads down and keep working massively hard on and off the park to achieve that. 

I am quite pleased we have got SG in place but for te life of me i cannot understand how we convinced him to come here lets face it we dont have a pot to piss in even if he does attract big names big names mean big money are we just going to go down the same route again with loans an football  old men.

After years of shit I'm all out if optimism, I expect next season to be the same dross with players like Holt and Halliday still getting games. Guys like Skrtel will be names tossed out by the club to distract us while we end up with the Liverpool youth team on our books and most of them will be rank rotten to boot.

I wish the club would stop making it out as if we are going for players when we clearly aren't, you could half Skrtels current wage and we still couldn't afford him.

13 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

How the team/fans respond after the first defeat will tell us what we need to know.

At the moment not a ball has been kicked but for sure our profile has been raised.

Mibbe our first defeat will be a meaningless final game of the season.

After so many false dawns I won’t have the ‘feel good’ factor until we have a much better team and are putting in a genuinely challenge.

Arfield and McGregor is a start this window but if we only end up with a couple of free transfers and a few loans of Liverpool youth players then I doubt we will be capable of challenging.