And so it begins...

England to win the World Cup according to Harry Kane, "anything else is not good enough".   Over 50 years of winning fuck all but yet they feel the need to set themselves up for a massive fall at every tournament.  Like how the pundits in the studio were discussing who they would meet in the Semis at the Euros while they were trailing to Iceland :whistle:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44208841

31 minutes ago, miracle said:

England to win the World Cup according to Harry Kane, "anything else is not good enough".   Over 50 years of winning fuck all but yet they feel the need to set themselves up for a massive fall at every tournament.  Like how the pundits in the studio were discussing who they would meet in the Semis at the Euros while they were trailing to Iceland :whistle:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44208841

It was a glorious day.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Wasn’t he already the captain? Seems strange to take it off him 

There’s been quite a few since Rooneys last game. Defoe led England out against Lithuania. Pretty sure Cahill has captained them as well.

Outwith three tournaments (two of which they hosted) England are histrocally a quarter final side at best. I’m not sure why they constantly big themselves up because if you look at their record at major tournaments over the past fifty or sixty years it’s really nothing special. 

Just now, Pedrosrightfoot said:

Granted but most teams would be at that level if they had a front three like that 

He is a major part of why they are able to play like that. He sits while others can go forward. He does his job and in my opinion does it well. If England play with Ali, Kane, Vardy/Rashford, Sterling then he will.be vital for them. 

3 minutes ago, james_85 said:

He is a major part of why they are able to play like that. He sits while others can go forward. He does his job and in my opinion does it well. If England play with Ali, Kane, Vardy/Rashford, Sterling then he will.be vital for them. 

Personally think dier is much better in that role and when it comes to Liverpool I think he slows up play to much and a lot of backwards passing. Agree to disagree on this I think