The Worst Rangers Teams In History 2016-2018.

Ozblue

That would be hard to disagree with, plumbGer, but I just included the seasons in the top flight.

I had a bit of a turn a few weeks ago, but I seem to have recovered from it. My eyesight is still a bit sketchy, particularly in the left eye, but my Neurologist and my  Opthalmologist tell me it's as good as it will get, so I've learned to live with it ok and can do most things as long as I take my time. Hope you are ok and looking forward to next season. :nailbiting:

5 hours ago, King Jela said:

14-15 Rangers wins the ‘worst team ever’ award hands down. In the top flight though, in my lifetime, it’s either this team or big Eck’s in the other season we finished 3rd. 

Although we’ve yet to see Stevie G’s team..

That's the same as me. 

Hearts fans must be gutted about that season. If they never sacked Burley, they probably would've won the league that year. 

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

That would be hard to disagree with, plumbGer, but I just included the seasons in the top flight.

I had a bit of a turn a few weeks ago, but I seem to have recovered from it. My eyesight is still a bit sketchy, particularly in the left eye, but my Neurologist and my  Opthalmologist tell me it's as good as it will get, so I've learned to live with it ok and can do most things as long as I take my time. Hope you are ok and looking forward to next season. :nailbiting:

What happened? Some sort of seizure or stroke?

The 3rd division team were the worst in our history, we had appalling players and were trashed by ICT and Dundee United in the cups. As bad as we are now the 3rd division team would have been lucky to avoid relegation from this top flight.

Having Argyriou, Kyle, Hegarty, Cribari et al in the team gives me shivers to think about it.

The Motherwell win that season blinkered people’s memories.

Last day of September I had a stroke/ brain Haemorrhage that caused me to lose my eyesight, mainly in the left eye, which put me in the hospital Neurological unit for eight days; then eight days after I was discharged I suffered a relapse which put me back in the hospital again with no vision. Since then I have managed to improve where I can see ok out of my right eye, but the left eye is a bit sketchy. Last week I had another bit of a turn, but it seems to have improved.

Now believe it or not but on both my admittance papers and my discharge papers the reason for the stroke was: Increased blood pressure spike possibly caused by watching Football; namely Glasgow Rangers FC versus Hamilton Academicals. The doctor advises no watching live football.

23 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

I don't know about worst in history but certainly the worst i've ever seen watching us. 

It is relative though. We were obviously never going to be as good as a bottom table side as we were winning 9IAR. The thing for me that has made us bad is not so much having inferior technical players but the lack of effort and general acceptance of mediocrity of our recent squads. We were meeting amateur teams on the way up who were clearly terrible but left everything on the park against us. We are bad because we lack winners. On the park and throughout the Club. 

Worst in my lifetime by a huge gulf.

17 hours ago, Ozblue said:

There is indeed,BP9. That particular season was weird as we bought Dave MacKinnon - £30,000 from Partick Thistle, Craig Paterson - £200,000 from Hibernian, Robert Prytz from Malmö FF and Sandy Clark from West Ham United, to join the likes of Davie Cooper, Derek Johnstone, Kenny Black, Jim Bett, Bobby Russell; knocked Borussia Dortmund out of Europe, then got hammered by Cologne in the 2nd round; got to both the League and Scottish cup finals.

I think that period was summed up by our home attendances, where outwith the scum games, our highest crowd was 27,000 against Aberdeen and our lowest was 9,321 against St. Mirren.

Yep I’m sure I was at a game that season that had 15,000 - on a Saturday! The good times will be back tjo’ Just wish it would hurry up! 

The closest attendance  to your figure was 15,500 against Dundee Utd. on 8th January 1983 which we won 2-1, and the next closest was 16,250 against the spoonburners on 23rd October 1982 that we won  3-2                                             

10 hours ago, Jmax1998 said:

Here was me thinking that double figure points deficits were unusual.

Not really, mate: The figures are a bit deceiving up until season 1994-95 when the points system changed to 3 points for a win; until then it was 2 points for a win. My figures were done by giving 3 points for a win in all seasons quoted to give a balanced perspective.

On 24/05/2018 at 11:39, Ozblue said:

Last day of September I had a stroke/ brain Haemorrhage that caused me to lose my eyesight, mainly in the left eye, which put me in the hospital Neurological unit for eight days; then eight days after I was discharged I suffered a relapse which put me back in the hospital again with no vision. Since then I have managed to improve where I can see ok out of my right eye, but the left eye is a bit sketchy. Last week I had another bit of a turn, but it seems to have improved.

Now believe it or not but on both my admittance papers and my discharge papers the reason for the stroke was: Increased blood pressure spike possibly caused by watching Football; namely Glasgow Rangers FC versus Hamilton Academicals. The doctor advises no watching live football.

That's brutal mate. I hope your health improves. My mate's Mrs had a stroke at 27. Turns out one of the valves that go in/out of her heart has been too small since she was born. So it was a bit of a shock to the doctors that it took 27yr for it to cause her any problems. 

Is that last paragraph a joke I take it?

On 23/05/2018 at 16:56, Craigyboy9 said:

The figures don’t lie, but you have to add a bit of perspective and relate it to the strength of the scum/others or even the league as a whole. I’d say the teams of the last 2 years are definitely the worst, plus McCoists championship failures even though they may have not on paper been the worst. 

This. I endured from 78 to 86 with very little to celebrate but with some perspective the tims were fairly strong and Ferguson and Jim McLean built world class teams in that era.

I'd take a team with Bobby Russell, Jim Bett, Davie Cooper etc over the teams of the last few years any day.

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

This. I endured from 78 to 86 with very little to celebrate but with some perspective the tims were fairly strong and Ferguson and Jim McLean built world class teams in that era.

I'd take a team with Bobby Russell, Jim Bett, Davie Cooper etc over the teams of the last few years any day.

I'd take a team of Gregor Stevens over the teams of the last few years.

We'd probably end up with 7 men left on the park...but then so would the other team. :lol:

4 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's brutal mate. I hope your health improves. My mate's Mrs had a stroke at 27. Turns out one of the valves that go in/out of her heart has been too small since she was born. So it was a bit of a shock to the doctors that it took 27yr for it to cause her any problems. 

Is that last paragraph a joke I take it?

Any stroke is brutal no matter how old you are, but apparently, strokes/ brain Haemorrhages can happen any time and any age and for no apparent reason. I was sitting watching our Friday night game against Hamilton Accies (4.35am Saturday morning kick-off here) and after the game had finished I came to RM to give my thoughts on the game; when I finished typing what I THOUGHT I had typed I went to submit my post and to my horror, it looked like fucking Swahili...then I noticed I couldn't see anything on my left side of the room. Soon after that, I could see nothing except shadows from my right eye and nothing at all from the left; I knew then it was more than tiredness.

After 5 MRI's and countless tests they still couldn't pinpoint the cause of why it happened, so the combined consensus of all the Neurosurgeons was the same as the Neurosurgeon when I was admitted to the hospital: Increased blood pressure spike possibly caused by watching Football; namely Glasgow Rangers FC versus Hamilton Academicals.

And NO, it's not a joke :facepalm: It was probably caused by that cunt Redmond who scored in the 1st minute and I blew a fuse. :hairout:

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

Any stroke is brutal no matter how old you are, but apparently, strokes/ brain Haemorrhages can happen any time and any age and for no apparent reason. I was sitting watching our Friday night game against Hamilton Accies (4.35am Saturday morning kick-off here) and after the game had finished I came to RM to give my thoughts on the game; when I finished typing what I THOUGHT I had typed I went to submit my post and to my horror, it looked like fucking Swahili...then I noticed I couldn't see anything on my left side of the room. Soon after that, I could see nothing except shadows from my right eye and nothing at all from the left; I knew then it was more than tiredness.

After 5 MRI's and countless tests they still couldn't pinpoint the cause of why it happened, so the combined consensus of all the Neurosurgeons was the same as the Neurosurgeon when I was admitted to the hospital: Increased blood pressure spike possibly caused by watching Football; namely Glasgow Rangers FC versus Hamilton Academicals.

And NO, it's not a joke :facepalm: It was probably caused by that cunt Redmond who scored in the 1st minute and I blew a fuse. :hairout:

Fuck sake mate. Should put in a claim against that cunt Murty lol. 

Hope it was just a one off for you. Serious shit when your brain starts to have problems. 

16 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Fuck sake mate. Should put in a claim against that cunt Murty lol. 

Hope it was just a one off for you. Serious shit when your brain starts to have problems. 

I'll be right, mate, I'm looking forward to next season with a positive outlook if Stevie G. can sign a couple of central defenders that can actually defend. Martin Škrtel would have been an improvement but for a rumoured fee of £5 million and £50,000 a week, I think we can find better value if our DoF knows his business.

As a good few posters have pointed out, its the lack of character and poor management that have made the last couple of seasons so depressing. A team full of bottlers, managed by pussies.

In the Greig and Wallace part 2 years, I still went into every game thinking we could win. We were frequently careless, sometimes dire, but there wasn't the all-pervasive air of cowardice. Wallace was actually building a decent team before Souness came in.

On 5/24/2018 at 22:53, bluenoz said:

Anybody auld enough to remember Jim Denny ? Now those Rangers teams in the mid 70's were bad. But I agree, the last few years have been awful.

Yea I remember Jim Denny; iirc he didn't really play many games for us although he seemed to be around for ages.

23 hours ago, The Beast said:

Coop had more talent in one leg than every player put together from every team since 2012 mate

6 hours ago, Weird_Beard said:

We only finished 21 points behind Aberdeen in 84/85. That's just the first mistake I spotted. We also had a great team, was Jock's first season in charge and they hadn't really kicked on then but we did win the League cup that year.

85/86 is wrong as well. Not going to look any further haha.

You're obviously not very good at reading a post it seems; If you had opened your eyes and read it properly you would have noticed I clearly said: In those days until season 1994-95 it was 2 points for a win, so I have put the figures into perspective by awarding every season 3 points for a win.

As to your assertion, that season 1985-86 is wrong also, the same thing applies; we were (under the 2 pts a win) 15 points behind the scum, which under  a 3points per win that was introduced in season 1994-95 would have been 22 points as I stated. So inspector Clouseau, if you would like to point out any other errors, I'll be happy to rectify them

Div 3 in 2012/13 . 

Yes , I know there was upheaval , but that's no excuse for getting beat at Ibrox by teams like Peterhead and Annan , and struggling against others like Montrose , Elgin and Stirling Albion . We actually started off ok , but from January onwards we were  dire .