***Official Champions League Final 17/18 Thread***

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Bloody government and their high-earners' taxes

2 days flat out on it soaking up the sun, surely you can forgive me for that wee error ?. I think I’ve done well the last 24 hours, I’ve never been so active on the forum and been mangled fir most of it ha ha 

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not next season when they win a treble and a Europa League runners up :lol: 

My misses loves arsenal for some strange reason, 7 years in and I’ve not been able to rectify it ha ha but even she said when I showed her that new top from the thread here is probably the worst shirt in football history, what’s the neck and pink bits on the sleeves all about ?

20 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Messi, Salah and almost Immobile, he's an absolute ghost most big games but he's a tap in merchant and still an incredible athlete

But he's still a shadow of his former self, no disputing that at this point, which is why I said I wonder where he's off to given no one can afford him and he'd find the premier league a lot tougher than he would like to think

Forgive me for not thinking Matic and Fellaini will be the same as Kroos, Bale, Isco and Modric setting you up every week

That's a unique viewpoint

Mate it’s all about opinions, I honestly don’t disrespect yours, I think it’s wrong but your entitled to it. He’s done it 15 years on the spin, to date for Madrid he’s scored 457 in 423 games, 44 in all competition this season says he’s got at least a wee bit left. I get your point a lot are tap ins but fuck me he’s in the position to score them, he’s totally changed his game last two seasons to accommodate his loss of pace and still registering outrageous returns. It’s not luck or poaching he’s literally the best in the business no question. 

11 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

My misses loves arsenal for some strange reason, 7 years in and I’ve not been able to rectify it ha ha but even she said when I showed her that new top from the thread here is probably the worst shirt in football history, what’s the neck and pink bits on the sleeves all about ?

I genuinely don't even know why I like Arsenal :lol: Liked Chelsea and for some reason swapped during Mourinho's first season. 

Aye, it's a dreadful top mate, their third one is even worse, green :megaanguish: 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I genuinely don't even know why I like Arsenal :lol: Liked Chelsea and for some reason swapped during Mourinho's first season. 

Aye, it's a dreadful top mate, their third one is even worse, green :megaanguish: 

Ha ha it’s mental, I’ve seen a picture of my misses about 12 year old in a Chelsea shirt with a perm taken in her room with pictures of ally. Gazza and loudrup on the wall ?. She can’t tell me why she supports them either mate, but she’s no for turning now, probably due to my insistence ha ha. She honestly cringed why I showed her that new top, then I see the away one in blue and said that’s no so bad, but fuck me that green monstrosity is almost as bad as the home top ???

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Karius fucked up but the time to deride him for it is in the dressing room away from public eyes. To leave him alone like that is poor from the whole team but especially Henderson.

Don’t know how the boy recovers from that. He’s fucked I would say for moving forward in his career. Massive mistakes. 

4 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Aye the 2nd one took everyone by surprise, really bad defending not to get close to him but at the time nobody would have expected the strike from there

First goal he royally fucked up!  Third goal he regally fucked up. Cmon boys we would be slaughtering any goalie in the spfl on this. 

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

First goal he royally fucked up!  Third goal he regally fucked up. Cmon boys we would be slaughtering any goalie in the spfl on this. 

The 1st goal was a freak. The third goal he might've saved it if he tried to catch it, rather than punch it away.

don't usually feel sorry for these over paid prima donna 's, but felt for him at the end.

1 minute ago, Thewhitesettler said:

The 1st goal was a freak. The third goal he might've saved it if he tried to catch it, rather than punch it away.

don't usually feel sorry for these over paid prima donna 's, but felt for him at the end.

First goal was stupid. The game changed from there. FFS that goal is kids stuff. I never saw a goal like that in all the years. 

9 hours ago, Goosetav said:

The abuse Ramos is getting is hilarious. Love the guy

The guy is a winner and a brilliant defender in big games.

The type of player you want in your team. If I was a Madrid fan I'd be disappointed if he didn't set out to injure Salah. 

4 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

First goal was stupid. The game changed from there. FFS that goal is kids stuff. I never saw a goal like that in all the years. 

McCloy done one in Germany during a European game, he never noticed the attacker behind him and rolled the ball out ready to kick it and the German sneaked up and tapped it into the net.

13 hours ago, badjon said:

I don't know, his achievements (not his ability) as a player are matched by plenty of players, and exceeded by many too. He also came up short at least as often as he rose to the occasion (it's strange the way everybody forgets that in his prime he was anonymous in back to back Champions League finals while he was the star player of the strongest team in European, who also happened to be off their tits on performance enhancing drugs). He had one great international tournament (Euro 2000), one overrated one (France 98, where he did pretty much nothing until the final, and missed two games) and one good one, Germany 2006, where he decided his temper was more important than the team). He happened to play in absolutely fantastic teams in both 1998 and 2000, but gets all the credit.

Winning three consecutive European cups, in contrast, has never been done by any manager. He is bizarrely under-praised as a manager. It seems that just because he has a team of stars this means he deserves less credit, even though the Real Madrid habit of collecting individual superstar egos rather than moulding a cohesive, balanced team has ways been considered a hindrance to success, not a road to it. Mourinho, the "best manager of his generation", couldn't win it even once with Real, Zidane does it three times in three seasons. He has no equivalently ridiculous achievements as a player.

10 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate it’s all about opinions, I honestly don’t disrespect yours, I think it’s wrong but your entitled to it. He’s done it 15 years on the spin, to date for Madrid he’s scored 457 in 423 games, 44 in all competition this season says he’s got at least a wee bit left. I get your point a lot are tap ins but fuck me he’s in the position to score them, he’s totally changed his game last two seasons to accommodate his loss of pace and still registering outrageous returns. It’s not luck or poaching he’s literally the best in the business no question. 

Naw I agree, I love the cunt

I can just see his body can't keep up with his brain at times, he's a totally different player and I wonder how well he would do in the BPL again compared to last time if he does leave that's all

Especially since PSG can't afford him and City wouldn't go for him, it's United or China at this point you'd think

48 minutes ago, JamieD said:

I don't know, his achievements (not his ability) as a player are matched by plenty of players, and exceeded by many too. He also came up short at least as often as he rose to the occasion (it's strange the way everybody forgets that in his prime he was anonymous in back to back Champions League finals while he was the star player of the strongest team in European, who also happened to be off their tits on performance enhancing drugs). He had one great international tournament (Euro 2000), one overrated one (France 98, where he did pretty much nothing until the final, and missed two games) and one good one, Germany 2006, where he decided his temper was more important than the team). He happened to play in absolutely fantastic teams in both 1998 and 2000, but gets all the credit.

Winning three consecutive European cups, in contrast, has never been done by any manager. He is bizarrely under-praised as a manager. It seems that just because he has a team of stars this means he deserves less credit, even though the Real Madrid habit of collecting individual superstar egos rather than moulding a cohesive, balanced team has ways been considered a hindrance to success, not a road to it. Mourinho, the "best manager of his generation", couldn't win it even once with Real, Zidane does it three times in three seasons. He has no equivalently ridiculous achievements as a player.

I could never quite get the Zidane hype certainly an excellent player but I do not think he should be mentioned alongside the truly greats like Maradona Messi The Ronaldos Baggio Best  Cruyff etc

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The greatest player in the world, who lived up to the hype, who fulfilled his potential, won it all and never made a mistake in his career has spoken.

What a strange sentiment. When he says "I've been there" surely he means he has also failed to do his job (ie, score or set up a goal) in a Champion's League final? But then he should be gutted for Karius.

Archived