Frank Lampard Favourite To Manage Derby.

Reported to have had talks already, and looks like a done deal. 

Gerrard and Lampard, will be interesting to see how they compare, two great England players, both having successful backgrounds in Europe and domestically.

Given the choice I'd still have had Gerrard as our manager, but it's a close call. 

On 25/05/2018 at 10:04, tannerall said:

Gerrard and Lampard, will be interesting to see how they compare, two great England players, both having successful backgrounds in Europe and domestically.

Given the choice I'd still have had Gerrard as our manager, but it's a close call. 

Would have loved frank to be involved at Ibrox. Even as Gerrards number 2. Inelegant guy who actually has a love for our club from a young age, and married into a ST holding family from Belfast. Great guy. 

On 25/05/2018 at 10:04, tannerall said:

Unfortunately in this fucked up world, Derby have much more money than us and their fans are satisfied just staying in the Championship whilst we have real expectations of league titles and Champions League qualification, so arguably Lampard has the much easier job as a rookie manager.

3 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Unfortunately in this fucked up world, Derby have much more money than us and their fans are satisfied just staying in the Championship whilst we have real expectations of league titles and Champions League qualification, so arguably Lampard has the much easier job as a rookie manager.

How do you know their fans are satisfied with staying in that division :lol:

1 hour ago, gazza27 said:

How do you know their fans are satisfied with staying in that division :lol:

Cause the EPL and Championship are cutthroat leagues and a team like Derby could easily be pushed into obscurity, so realistically a small team like them are doing well being only a league down from the elite.

On 2018-05-25 at 05:04, tannerall said:

Gerrard all the way. Better player imo. 

6 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

They've had about 5 managers in 5 years because they keep failing to get promoted as well as running at a loss to try and achieve it so not sure how you can say they're satisfied with being in the Championship. Lampard will do well to last a full season.

2 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Cause the EPL and Championship are cutthroat leagues and a team like Derby could easily be pushed into obscurity, so realistically a small team like them are doing well being only a league down from the elite.

Derby aren't a small team. Teams like Bournemouth, Burnley and Huddersfield are competing and doing well in the league above and like the poster above said they've gone through a ton of managers lately to try and get promoted.

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Derby aren't a small team. Teams like Bournemouth, Burnley and Huddersfield are competing and doing well in the league above and like the poster above said they've gone through a ton of managers lately to try and get promoted.

Fair enough don't know what I was thinking :mutley:

I'm watching lampards press conference......I loved lamps as a player and a bit inside me was thinking maybe lampard could of got our gig but the vibe from SG press conference is one of lot more seriousness....probably the magnitude of the 2 jobs being different expectation levels.

I wish lampard all the best but feel we have got the more astute of the 2.