Bruno Alves.

Smile

alves_portugal_worldcup_01-1.jpg

BRUNO Alves is targeting World Cup success with Portugal as he prepares for the tournament in Russia next month.

The central defender is currently in his home country training with his national side. They take on Tunisia, Belgium and Algeria in friendlies over the next couple of weeks.

Alves was part of the 2016 team who won the European Championship but Portugal face a tough test in their group on the world stage. Spain, Morocco and Iran make up Group B.

He said: “We have to do what we have done so far, we have to work well, we are ready and we have to think, we have to play the game.

“We have to pass the group stage first and that is our first ambition. Then it is thinking game by game, but always with the ambition that we can do more and better. We are on the right track.

“Morocco are one of the best teams in the world, I think it’s going to be a very difficult game in the World Cup. It will be a tactical game, waiting and no one will want to make a mistake.”

The 36-year-old also addressed his future with his national side, claiming he is fit and ready to continue representing his country.

He smiled:

“I’m fine. I will continue to play my part, trying to help the team, being available, giving my best as I always did until the today. That is my idea, to continue to help and to do the best I know.”

Reckon he can have a part to play next season. Thought he would be one of the first out the door in the summer but not heard any rumours. Surely gerrard should be able to get something decent out of him? Him next to a younger, quicker centre back like Goldson could be good.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

1, he’s rotten and 2, I really don’t like Ronaldo and it would be funny seeing him go out at the group stage

Fair enough, thought it was just down to Alves that you wanted them pumped out.

I still think he’s our best centre half at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

BRUNO Alves is targeting World Cup success with Portugal as he prepares for the tournament in Russia next month.

The central defender is currently in his home country training with his national side. They take on Tunisia, Belgium and Algeria in friendlies over the next couple of weeks.

Alves was part of the 2016 team who won the European Championship but Portugal face a tough test in their group on the world stage. Spain, Morocco and Iran make up Group B.

He said: “We have to do what we have done so far, we have to work well, we are ready and we have to think, we have to play the game.

“We have to pass the group stage first and that is our first ambition. Then it is thinking game by game, but always with the ambition that we can do more and better. We are on the right track.

“Morocco are one of the best teams in the world, I think it’s going to be a very difficult game in the World Cup. It will be a tactical game, waiting and no one will want to make a mistake.”

The 36-year-old also addressed his future with his national side, claiming he is fit and ready to continue representing his country.

He smiled:

“I’m fine. I will continue to play my part, trying to help the team, being available, giving my best as I always did until the today. That is my idea, to continue to help and to do the best I know.”

Tought test in their group: Spain Morocco and Iran.

Fucking hell, the world cup is a farce these days

48 minutes ago, Smile said:

He smiled:

You've edited Morocco for Spain there surely...if not christ no wonder he struggles against Kilmarnock

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Bruno will do well in the world cup because he won't have to play centre back, sweeper, cover left back, mop up diddy midfield mistakes, drive forward cause no one else will, and deal with keepers who can't clear a ball properly... all at once.

I mean, he's to blame for his performances, no one else

53 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

1, he’s rotten and 2, I really don’t like Ronaldo and it would be funny seeing him go out at the group stage

I agree he's been rotten rotten for us and I don't like Ronaldo much either, but I've got them to come through the stages and if I lose my bet because of your negative waves ...