Bruno Alves.

Smile

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Reckon he can have a part to play next season. Thought he would be one of the first out the door in the summer but not heard any rumours. Surely gerrard should be able to get something decent out of him? Him next to a younger, quicker centre back like Goldson could be good.

Hopefully mate , maybe if he stays and the World Cup is out the way he might show a bit more commitment on and off the field for us , I keep saying he surly can’t be as bad as we’ve seen with the level he’s played at , personally I hope we move him on he’s been a joke this season ,Portugal and the World Cup has been his ultimate goal and he’s achieved it by not putting a tackle in or his body on the line for us all season , shits out or comes off all the big games , I think it’s time he went 

1 hour ago, Hamie said:

I'm amazed he made the squad

Definitely, any centre half that gets ripped a new arsehole in the SPL shouldn’t be playing in the World Cup , Big cunts at it though , not tried a leg for us 

9 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Hopefully mate , maybe if he stays and the World Cup is out the way he might show a bit more commitment on and off the field for us , I keep saying he surly can’t be as bad as we’ve seen with the level he’s played at , personally I hope we move him on he’s been a joke this season ,Portugal and the World Cup has been his ultimate goal and he’s achieved it by not putting a tackle in or his body on the line for us all season , shits out or comes off all the big games , I think it’s time he went 

I hear ya mate but lack of management must of cause some demotivation and the likes of Martin being picked before you would leave anyone baffled. As I say let's see what happens but half expected him to be linked away already so got a feeling he might be staying for a further season .

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

I hear ya mate but lack of management must of cause some demotivation and the likes of Martin being picked before you would leave anyone baffled. As I say let's see what happens but half expected him to be linked away already so got a feeling he might be staying for a further season .

When he went to Madrid days before a 18 year old lad in Ross McCrorie was going to be thrown into an old form game in alves position to get fit for Portugal that was it for me , he should’ve been rooming with mcrorrie the night before etc talking to him helping him , that’s what someone that gave two fucks would have done 

6 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Soon as a few cbs come in I think he will be allowed to go. Can't see them getting rid and not having any cover.

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Or alternatively he could come back and by October claims he's tired because of little rest post season because of his commitments to Portugal in the WC, I pray he gets a bit of game time and some other mugs are willing to take a punt on him.

there has to be a good player in there somewhere. a Portugal player who can play alongside Ronaldo. if he stays with us then hopefully Gerrard can get the best out of him. he hasn't impressed so far but i think he could be a great player for us.

37 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I have been disappointed by his performances this season but it would be interesting to see how he performs with our new manager in charge and hopefully some decent players around him. 

Don't think Gerrard will get anything substantial, Alves plays like he towing a caravan - best to cut our losses and move him on. Hope Portugal have a good world cup, will add to whatever resale value we can get for him.

5 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Almost like he tries harder for them 

Like most ppl, I thought we were getting a top class defender when he signed.

first few games I thought well not up to the standard but it was early doors in the season give him a chance. 

Then came the OF game, can't mind which one, but he went off early on and bates came on.

i knew he wasnt in this league to fight for honours.

from then on I knew he was basically using us as a training camp pre World Cup, don't get injured at any cost, even if the cost is the club team paying his wage. Who were playing shite leaking more goals than most season.

I hope we get shot to some American outfit or Far East club with too much dough and they get suckered by a mediocre player playing on a reputation like we did.

get him off the wage bill and get players in that want to be winners.

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

1, he’s rotten and 2, I really don’t like Ronaldo and it would be funny seeing him go out at the group stage

Would be better if he done well and some team took him off our books. He hasn't played like a player that's on the wages he's on. 

Its been obvious that he just used us to stay fit for this tournament. He'll probably retire after it, or come back and steal a wage. 

I hope he does well and someone takes him off us. Probably for free, but hopefully we get a fee for him.