Email from Rangers?

18 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Anyone else get an email with these words in it?

"As a valued supporter, your privacy is important to us and we take our responsibility regarding the security of your personal information very seriously."  

Why do you want to know @Redwhiteandblue  ?    Stop sneaking around here trying to get opinions, answers and information from good Rangers fans. Our privacy is important to us and we take our responsibility regarding the security of our personal information very seriously

How do we know you are not a taig ? You seem a bit obsessive. You'll probably be wanting to know how we all get to the game next. 

21 minutes ago, theblueskyeman said:

I’m getting hundreds of these. It’s to do with all that Facebook privacy shit and now there’s been some sort of privacy overhaul. I think 

It’s not. 

This has been in the pipeline for years with a start date of 25 May, hence all the recent emails etc. 

A question (as I’m getting loads of these mails) if I don’t agree to it does that take me off all sorts of spam lists basically overnight? 

Seen a lot of emails offering free holidays and cash prizes if I click accept it seems their way of keeping you on their lists 

5 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

It’s not. 

This has been in the pipeline for years with a start date of 25 May, hence all the recent emails etc. 

It is. I only just found out about it cause of the news. GCHR or some shite like that. Some 4 letters EU privacy thing. Zukerburg was speaking about it. Some US news websites have been banned from EU internet. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A question (as I’m getting loads of these mails) if I don’t agree to it does that take me off all sorts of spam lists basically overnight? 

Seen a lot of emails offering free holidays and cash prizes if I click accept it seems their way of keeping you on their lists 

If you ignore it you will not be contacted. You now have to give permission - so yes you will be removed from their lists  

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

It is. I only just found out about it cause if the news. GCHR or dime shite like that. Some 4 letters EU privacy thing. Zukerburg was speaking about it. Some US news websites have been banned from EU internet. 

It’s got fuck all to do with Facebook mate. This has been going on for years now as a ‘General’ change to the regulations. It’s just an updated set of rules, and if you look right back in the timeline of events it was first proposed way before any Facebook issues. It’s GDPR btw. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

If you ignore it you will not be contacted. You now have to give permission - so yes you will be removed from their lists  

I’m sure I saw on tv and someone said that if you don’t acknowledge it then you are silently saying yes. 

Just now, Jb85 said:

I’m sure I saw on tv and someone said that if you don’t acknowledge it then you are silently saying yes. 

No. That’s one of the major changes. If must say yes, ignorance and reverse tick boxes etc are no longer enough. The silent yes (as you put it) is no longer an excuse to spam you or hold/share your data.