Latest announcements attracting new advertising !

Good lord.

Vaguely on topic, the screens really have to go. Easier said than done obviously (the structural side of it) but it's the only thing that really dates the stadium, along with it stopping us increasing the capacity.

10 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Good lord.

Vaguely on topic, the screens really have to go. Easier said than done obviously (the structural side of it) but it's the only thing that really dates the stadium, along with it stopping us increasing the capacity.

It saddens me you saying that. I did a presentation in my English class at high school about Rangers (20 years ago) and I remember one of the things I spoke about was the new Titan screens and how, at the time, we were one of the first clubs in the world to have them ?

9 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Good lord.

What's the plans when the screens go then?

1 minute ago, BigDak said:

It saddens me you saying that. I did a presentation in my English class at high school about Rangers (20 years ago) and I remember one of the things I spoke about was the new Titan screens and how, at the time, they we were one of the first clubs in the world to have them ?

They need to go and have this done.

2003-04-19-1.thumb.jpg.6bc1ced118cf6bc3ab5478280c1a9771.jpg

Die_dritte_Ausbaustufe_-_Bilder_vom_15072003.thumb.jpg.e74c1926fbbc38ee648db6840c3781a3.jpg

14 minutes ago, BigDak said:

It saddens me you saying that. I did a presentation in my English class at high school about Rangers (20 years ago) and I remember one of the things I spoke about was the new Titan screens and how, at the time, we were one of the first clubs in the world to have them ?

Just one of those things, wouldn't even say it was short sighted just of its time unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

323505D5-5DF9-40E9-ABD7-08E0E29B6CE4.gif

What the fucks happened to Stepps by the way, stayed in Lednock Road for a few year, was passin and had a gander at the old place a few days ago, hoachin wae bheggar strips, whits happened it's like the garngad overspill fuck sake !

3 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Just one of those things, wouldn't even say it was short sighted just of its time unfortunately.

Aye, I think it shows just how well we were doing all those years ago. We could still have considered ourselves one of the biggest teams in Europe in a footballing sense. Even wee things like the fact we still hold the record for the highest fee in Scottish football for a transfer 20 years ago shows how far down the ladder the Scottish game is now.

22 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

What's the plans when the screens go then?

The problem is that apparently they are integral to the structure of the stands, basically a vital part in holding them up. So not easy to get rid of them.

Ibrox as it is, is based on the Westfalenstadion so if they can do what they've done in the pictures above then hopefully it can be done at Ibrox. However, if that isn't the case then in a perfect world with lots of money, I'd propose raising the 3 smaller stands and creating a mammoth all in one structure similar to that at at James's Park. It would have to be done right though, and have to be a great piece of architecture to parallel the iconic and timeless Main Stand. 72,000 seater with safe standing considered fully.

1 minute ago, Spliffy said:

The problem is that apparently they are integral to the structure of the stands, basically a vital part in holding them up. So not easy to get rid of them.

Ibrox as it is, is based on the Westfalenstadion so if they can do what they've done in the pictures above then hopefully it can be done at Ibrox. However, if that isn't the case then in a perfect world with lots of money, I'd propose raising the 3 smaller stands and creating a mammoth all in one structure similar to that at at James's Park. It would have to be done right though, and have to be a great piece of architecture to parallel the iconic and timeless Main Stand. 72,000 seater with safe standing considered fully.

Long as we Fuck the mhanky mhob next season that'll dae us !

6 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Aye, I think it shows just how well we were doing all those years ago. We could still have considered ourselves one of the biggest teams in Europe in a footballing sense. Even wee things like the fact we still hold the record for the highest fee in Scottish football for a transfer 20 years ago shows how far down the ladder the Scottish game is now.

The script these days is that we were wreckless, but we were really, really unfortunate not to make more of a mark on the continent than we did in those days (mainly advocaat years).

The scums record transfer fee is still Chris Sutton, says it all. That Flo transfer bites us too much though. It encapsulated everything our enemies use to justify the spending, but it was in a way a one off event. If you look the next highest transfer was around 6 million the same as the scum, or around those figures anyway.  They'll still play the penniless pauper champions card though despite the club being born with a silver spoon and a ready made religious following.

2 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

The script these days is that we were wreckless, but we were really, really unfortunate not to make more of a mark on the continent than we did in those days (mainly advocaat years).

The scums record transfer fee is still Chris Sutton, says it all. That Flo transfer bites us too much though. It encapsulated everything our enemies use to justify the spending, but it was in a way a one off event. If you look the next highest transfer was around 6 million the same as the scum, or around those figures anyway.  They'll still play the penniless pauper champions card though despite the club being born with a silver spoon and a ready made religious following.

Aye, I had a discussion with a mick  supporter a few years ago who was having a mump about the  old David Murray quote of: “for every five pound celtic spend we’ll spend ten” (or whatever it was) and I said to him that at that time the big thing for us was Europe. That’s why Murray was spending all that dough. I know his reputation is now tarnished but under Murray all those years ago I remember being genuinely annoyed and disappointed when we drew with Bayern Munich.