INSTITUTIONALISED PREJUDICE AGAINST Rangers – ARE WE THERE YET?

@StaunchLondonGer ( to long to quote) :lol: - fucking summer brings out the paranoid delusionists by the barrow load on here. As I said ‘they’ must be one clever, cabal, of planners, strategists and influencers to have done so well - and to think we believe most of them can’t spell nor string a sentence together. And all with the single goal of demonising Rangers! 

Or is it just paranoia? 

I think Rangers most active enemies are the ones who say they are Rangers supporters or are actual employees at Rangers, they dont really support Rangers they are just there to stir it up, divide conquer and all that.

8 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

So tell us where he’s wrong

So your telling me everything he's said is fact ? I believe the Scottish media and most of scottish football are obsessed by us. The fact that the snp have come into power and therefore more hated now is fucking nonsense. I mean the snp sit and talk about Rangers problems constantly. Least we know why the country is turning to shit. They are sealing with us and not running the country. So fucking retarded it's unreal 

Did a wee poll on the same topic back in January.

Planning to run it every six months so will see how it goes tin July.

On that first occasion there was an overwhelming majority who agreed we'd be turned over, will be interesting to see if this varies over the coming years. Personally I expect the figures to remain constant.

8 minutes ago, Pedrosrightfoot said:

So your telling me everything he's said is fact ? I believe the Scottish media and most of scottish football are obsessed by us. The fact that the snp have come into power and therefore more hated now is fucking nonsense. I mean the snp sit and talk about Rangers problems constantly. Least we know why the country is turning to shit. They are sealing with us and not running the country. So fucking retarded it's unreal 

6 minutes ago, MidSussexBlue said:

A good post, which I would imagine articulates the  views of the majority of Bears. 

And brings the Timposters out

2 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Just my opinion. Interested in other views…

INSTITUTIONALISED PREJUDICE AGAINST Rangers – ARE WE THERE YET?

There is almost certainly not a club in world football that faces the daily barrage of negativity and animosity that Rangers does. There is likely not a club that possesses such a dedicated, vitriolic and well organised enemy as the “anti-Rangers movement”.

It is a unique situation where the largest sporting entity in the country – a proud institution that has contributed so much to that country’s prosperity – is the focus of such relentless and all-consuming scorn and derision. So much so that, rather than offer support to the club in its hour of need, the forces within this country preferred to batter it to the ground (or try to). 

The process of systematically targeting Rangers FC through the press, the SFA and even the government has become more intense, more widespread and more blatant since we entered administration and were left vulnerable.

The question now is: are we already operating in a climate of INSTITUTIONALISED PREJUDICE against Rangers Football Club and its supporters?

THEIR INFLUENCE IN THE MEDIA

The infiltration of the Scottish media was a movement of stealth, a loose affiliation of the ‘celtic-minded’ over a number of years until there came a point when they were able to noticeably start pushing their bitter agenda through the Scottish press/radio/TV (and even further afield through left-wing publications like the Guardian). Just think modern day and the planned tabloid serialisation of Ill-Phil's vicious, hate-fuelled hatchet job on our club; or the cartoon of Ally committing suicide; or anything by Spiers; or the biased undertone of so much football content on the radio.

There is no doubt that, since the rise of the SNP, this anti-Rangers movement has enjoyed an almost free reign to increase its bitter propaganda in the press.

THEIR APPARENT INFLUENCE OVER THE LAW…

For me (and I fucking hate to mention this individual) the classic example of how these people now exert their control in The People’s Rhepublic of Scotland - is Haggerty. This angry, bitter woman complained to the police about the social media abuse she was receiving due to a podcast by a Rangers fan (never mind that she actively sought to bait Rangers fans on a daily basis). The police said "no crime committed" and THEN....Ms Haggerty engages the help of her mhedia buddies to FORCE the police to suddenly leap into action and arrest the guy who did the podcast. [Did a wee phone call maybe take place from one of Salmond's cohorts to the Chief Constable??] Inevitably, the legal system then kicked dutifully into gear and ensured the dude went to the jail. Strange outcome when no crime was committed, no? 

THEIR INFLUENCE WITHIN THE SFA

Few of us feel any real surprise each time there is a new instance of an influential figure in Scottish football harbouring an anti-Rangers bias. The warped agenda of the SFA was made abundantly clear (if it wasn’t already) following our entry into admin in 2012.

Gary Hughes is quite likely one of a number of Liewell “plants” within the SFA given the directive of taking every possible opportunity to twist and manipulate the official SFA rules to hurt and undermine Rangers FC. This new revelation about Hughes is a minor "blip" for these people. It is an unfortunate instance of their anti-Rangers/anti-Protestant agenda being exposed for what it is. Liewell will be pissed off because he likes to carry out his manipulations in such a way that we KNOW full well what’s happening but we can do fuck all about it. That’s the entire basis of his self-satisfied supercilious smirk. In common with most of his ilk, his hatred of Rangers far outweighs his love of celtic.

THEIR ATTEMPT TO INFLUENCE THE WIDER PERCEPTION OF Rangers

Influencing the law…influencing the media…ultimately the anti-Rangers movement want to influence how we are perceived. They want to marginalise us and redefine us in the eyes of Scottish society and, indeed, British society as a whole. They want us to be regarded as ignorant and outdated, an unwelcome demographic that has no place in the SNP’s modern vision of Scotland. Ironically, the main thrust of their propaganda is to label us as obsessive, bitter, aggressive and bigoted – all the things that have been proven time and time again to be THEIR primary characteristics.

In fairness, they have been more determined and more united in their cause than we have been in defending ourselves over the last couple of decades. The rise of the SNP and the clusterfuck of negativity surrounding our demise in 2012 have made it easier for their anti-Rangers narrative to gain traction.

Their number contains plenty of calculated strategists and manipulators who have successfully ingratiated themselves (and their cause) to the woolly minded liberal appeasers that are sadly more prevalent in our society than ever before. I’m talking about the type of folk who think equality means discriminating in favour of minorities rather than ensuring a level playing field; who think it’s sensible to mollycoddle Islamic extremists rather than expunge them; who generally fall over themselves to apologise for being British. Sadly, the propaganda in the media has sucked in many of the PC brigade hook, line and sinker.

THE FIGHTBACK - OUR WAY FORWARD...

What do we have to do?

Over the past six years we have shown incredible resilience and loyalty that has been admired across the entire footballing world (with the exception, predictably, of our own country). Given our size and our passion it is inevitable that our star will rise again and, as we recover our status on the pitch, we must also start to defend our rightful place in society.

1.       The Rangers Board need to stand up and take issue with EACH and EVERY instance of unfair reporting and obvious prejudice, threatening and actually proceeding with legal action wherever viable. Some may think this type of constant griping is not the Rangers way, but just take a wee look at how successful the other side have been with it. We NEED to match them blow for blow in the gutter press in order to defend our reputation and stop their poisonous doctrine spreading.

2.       The Ranger’s press liaison officers need to cultivate stronger ties (and more of them) with sympathetic journalists and media people. We need to actively feed the narrative of OUR choice rather than just react to the narrative of THEIR choice. After all, attack is the best form of defence. We should readily ban journalists and publications that clearly have an anti-Rangers bias (they need us more than we need them and if they can’t behave…)

3.       We have to actively keep promoting a positive image of Rangers and its supporters showing that a respect of Queen, country, tradition, the armed forces and the Union flag is something to be PROUD of and goes hand in hand with welcoming EVERYONE into the Rangers family. The Rangers support is traditionally made up of proud, hard-working, decent people who conduct themselves with integrity. The anti-Rangers movement would love dearly to change this perception of us permanently.

4.       We should embrace our rich history more than ever before (not least because it winds them up so much with their sevco crap). The recent examination of our origins and the fantastic Founders Trail that resulted are wonderful developments. Personally, I have an image in my mind of my Great Grandfather going to Ibrox back in the thirties (apparently with a rattle!) to cheer on the Rangers in the midst of the Depression. It might be hugely romanticised, but the main stand would have been there and I see him walking along Edmiston Drive in the midst of the famous mighty throng of Bears from a much simpler time. I doubt there are many 

I like this without reading the replies 

I will see who we can add to the list of apologists 

5 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

We are down on the ground and scottish football/media wants us to stay there. I agree to the fact people where desperate for us to go in to admin and go down to the third division but some of the stuff said is mind boggling