INSTITUTIONALISED PREJUDICE AGAINST Rangers – ARE WE THERE YET?

5 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Doesn’t have to be a masterminded conspiracy to be institutionally biased. 

All you would need is enough people in enough positions of influence that are against something. 

They wouldnt have had to have met to discuss their conspiracy. They wouldn’t have sat and come up with a master plan. 

Just need enough like minded people in positions where they can sway outcomes, portray differences and form popular opinion. 

Like Brexit, or Capitalism, or the final solution. 

Its terrifyingly simple for lies to become established beliefs. Mob mentality is scary. 

Look at the hatred for Rangers, look how many clubs absolutely clamoured for our death. Compare and contrast any other club that have had insolvency events in the last 20 years. That hatred wasn’t always there. It was nurtured and encouraged.

Maybe not by a Machiavellian genius pulling strings Moriarty style but by bitter and twisted individuals who worked their way into influence. 

And don’t tell me it was a reaction to being the best club in Scotland and the reaction to our 9 in a row years where we lorded it over the others.  That’s fucking nonsense akin to “she deserved it for wearing provocative clothing”. 

Rangers have without a shadow of a doubt been subjected to unfair treatment over the last 10 years by the Scottish establishment .....by the football authorities, by the media and by the legal framework (OBFA)

Cracking post.

So finally got round to reading it. Wish I had read it earlier. 

I think it’s a great post and gets to the heart of some of our woes over the last decade. 

What we have to focus on is holding the middle ground. The problem is often the response to one extremist behaviour is a counter acting extremist behaviour. We can’t allow ourselves to go to other extremes. We have to bring the discussion back to the middle and keep it there. 

I will give an example: how is it even remotely acceptable that the union flag is not allowed to be flown over government buildings or put on British produce? But I don’t believe we should surrender the Saltire to these extremists. It’s our flag too. That it forms the greater part of the Union flag should not be lost on anyone but at the same time we should not consider the Saltire as Off limits because they are trying to hijack it. Scottish, British and proud is the central ground here. 

We need to start framing ourselves as the progressive, forward thinking centrists who want to put all this archaic behaviour in the past (like peadophilia and denominational schooling) currently they are portraying Rangers as right wing which is just not the case but in a society which is becoming increasingly polarised, when extremist have hijacked the traditional left then it is easy to portray centrists as extremists.

14 hours ago, Jack C said:

This says everything that I have been saying for years. Every word is true and every Rangers pub in the land and beyond should pin it on the wall. I read it and then seen about 4 or 5  replys under it and stopped as it is the usual, 'look at me I'm a funny bastard' brigade.

Maybe if more Gers fans woke up to what is happening in this country instead of slagging off fellow bears who are making a valid, honest and heartfelt statement then we could take our country back from Jimmy Krankie and the pedos.

Fcuk'n loved the pic of the King and Queen.

And now I await the barrage of funny, mocking shit.

Well done for a post that is relevant and if things were not so fukcd up in this wee country you would only have needed one paragraph, but that is the last 30 years for you.

At least when I started my painting apprenticeship 38 years ago in Bridgeton my boss asked me what school I went to and it mean't something, but now these cnuts don't need to ask as they could find each other in the dark.

cheers pal. looked at the first few responses this morning and thought 'why bother?' so appreciate that :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

Quite possibly the most relevant post I've read on here.

Anyone who plays down or makes light of the nature of the content does a massive disservice to not only our current generation but our future ones at that. 

I find it heartening that someone has taken the time to put into words what's been in my mind for a long long time...... Well done O. P. you have my utmost respect and thanks. 

cheers mate. Really appreciate that. Glad there's at least a few on here that are willing to look beyond the superficial and think about our future as a club and support. 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

We need to start framing ourselves as the progressive, forward thinking centrists who want to put all this archaic behaviour in the past (like peadophilia and denominational schooling) currently they are portraying Rangers as right wing which is just not the case but in a society which is becoming increasingly polarised, when extremist have hijacked the traditional left then it is easy to portray centrists as extremists.

This 100%. Exactly what is happening in society and exactly what we need to do. Far too few can see it but that is bang on the money for me. :cheers:

15 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Dipshit???

My oh my touch a nerve did I. 

Your the one claiming we would throwing money away going after these lying cunts. 

So you must think what they say is true, that’s the only conclusion I can take from your ramblings, ya moronic cunt. 

How can you win this if the panel is full of fucking taigs and sheepshaggers ?? Thats my point. If you read what he says i do agree with everythibg apart from the political part. No i DO NOT SUPPORT THE SNP AND WILL NEVER SUPPORT THEM. 

On 26/05/2018 at 13:44, Bluepeter9 said:

@StaunchLondonGer ( to long to quote) :lol: - fucking summer brings out the paranoid delusionists by the barrow load on here. As I said ‘they’ must be one clever, cabal, of planners, strategists and influencers to have done so well - and to think we believe most of them can’t spell nor string a sentence together. And all with the single goal of demonising Rangers! 

Or is it just paranoia? 

You sir are a fucking walloper. 

Ever since the Donald Findlay incident we have continually shot ourselves in the head with social media posting stuff when you really should know better.

We need to get smart and wisen up here......as long as this ftpeee mentality remains within our support they will always have that stick to beat us with and rest assured will make sure everyone else from the Government down does  likewise.

Scottish..British..Proud.

I like that and that should be the focus and the way forward as the identity of the club whilst of course retaining and education of the proud traditions of Rangers.

On 26/05/2018 at 19:08, backup said:

Fairly typical as they have been fed this line by the beggar pr machine for long and weary. That is why they need the full story from a non Septic angle.