Modern day heroes

Are we genuinely lacking in players the whole support rally round as one?

After seeing the Gerrard airport video he is still a hero regardless of pastures new and are happy he's taking the job here.

Meanwhile we've Ferguson posing at the piggery and McCoist a divided man amongst the support.

I can only think of Ian Ferguson who really is one of us and someone who unites the support yet isn't involved anywhere near the club.

Who are genuine Rangers modern heroes and why aren't there enough of them?

Guys like that give everything 100% game in game out. Even when they are playing poorly you can see they are giving all the effort they can. They will give everything to make the club as successful as possible and act professional on and off the park (including training).  Any challenges to our club on or off the park will be met head on and dealt with appropriately. 

We haven't had anyone like that for a number of years.

Crap management feeds through to crap players. Poor boardroom performances, resulting in poor management has seen a poor level of player sign for us.

There's your answer.

16 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

After seeing the Gerrard airport video he is still a hero regardless of pastures new and are happy he's taking the job here.

Meanwhile we've Ferguson posing at the piggery and McCoist a divided man amongst the support.

I can only think of Ian Ferguson who really is one of us and someone who unites the support yet isn't involved anywhere near the club.

Gazza and Laudrup for me, I do think it's shit that a lot of our ex players get slated to fuck, some of them really don't help themselves tbh, others have opinions formed from reading story's on here etc

To be honest tho I think if we were all in the airport tanked up on our way to a champions league final most ex or current players would get mobbed like that in the excitement.

6 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Guys like that give everything 100% game in game out. Even when they are playing poorly you can see they are giving all the effort they can. They will give everything to make the club as successful as possible and act professional on and off the park (including training).  Any challenges to our club on or off the park will be met head on and dealt with appropriately. 

Crap management feeds through to crap players. Poor boardroom performances, resulting in poor management has seen a poor level of player sign for us.

There's your answer.

Spot on

Someone who knows the score and will  back us to the hilt regardless of the hatred - the late Sandy Jardine and honestly after thinking for ages currently only Lee Wallace came to mind. Ian Ferguson maybe but he’s safely on the other side of the world. No such thing as modern legends unfortunately. 

Seeing as how the opening question was:  Are we genuinely lacking in players the whole support rally round as one? If we are talking about current players then the answer is yes we are lacking, because we have nobody that could do that.

In fact, of past players, the majority of them who still are real Bluenoses and stand by us as a club are foreigners who still regard Rangers FC as "Their club" even although they went on and played for other clubs, or playe3d at other clubs before they cam to Ibrox.

7 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

There's your answer.

Rossiter played out of his skin in that game there.

He could do well.

Greig and Cooper are probably the main two that most Bears would agree unanimously on (unless they're too young and don't look much to the past).

Personally, McCoist is an absolute legend for me because I lived through 9-in-a-row and he was just a fucking goal machine with so many great memories against the scum. And, flaws and all, he's one of our own.

Still many a keyboard warrior would rather try to look hard by slagging him off. So fire away...

18 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Tbf , it's not just on the park , I think it's as important on how players conduct themselves about Rangers after their playing days . 

Butcher was a hero of mine in his playing days and you just have to see how much of a wanker he's turned into since . Compare him to Neil McCann who didn't grow up a Rangers fan , did us proud on the park and one of the few that represents us well in the press . 

Don't disagree with any of that mate. McCann is a gentleman and puts many to shame.

9 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

99.9% only care about the money, especially the born and breed Scottish players. 

Ive more respect for the Dutch players that played for us any of the Scottish players aside for a couple.