1st of June approaches

backup

SG's tenure begins next Friday, are people expecting major upheavals straight away or a quiet settling in period.

What are your minimal expectations for the coming season, or do we simply play it by ear.

I am really expecting a serious challenge for the title and hopefully winning it, can SG have the Souness effect, I really hope so.

Needs to identify and sign 5 first team players (two centre halfs for sure) that when all 11 run out at the Theatre of Screams you think, yeah, we can do this mhob. That will take care of games against Hivs, Dolly and Hertz. That way we rack up points and make a challenge. 

3 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

My expectation is that many of the crackpots on here will have turned against him by October.

That could be possible. However, i really do feel he will lift this squad and make it perform. Dont get dissilutioned with last season. Think of the 'run' Murty had us on up to the scum game at Ibrox. Get those 5 first teamers as i mentioned in another post and it's game on. Mark Allen and the Board have to back him all the way. 

1 minute ago, OneDavidCooper said:

My expectation is that many of the crackpots on here will have turned against him by October.

I'll give Gerrard my full support and even allow a grace period to let him get settled. 

But if come end of October and there's no signs of improvement, put my name at the top of the crackpot list. 

Not getting ott excited just yet but really hoping for a serious improvement in overall quality and play. Think it is going to be a very entertaing ride. Quite difficult not to get caught up in all the hype, such a feel good factor buzzing about just now. In short then, semis of the europa, title 55, and the scottish cup or he can get tae!

9 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Please don’t expect Gerrard to win the league in the coming season. You’re setting yourself up for a fall. Getting closer to them in terms of points and taking points off them is success in his first year in my opinion. 

The taigs really aren't anything special.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

The taigs really aren't anything special.

They might not be but they’re still head and shoulders above us. We lost 14-2 on aggregate to them this season. You don’t close that gap with the constant rebuilding jobs we keep needing to do. Trust me closing the gap is the best we can hope for this season, with a view to going again the season after - providing that’s not another rebuild situation. 

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

They might not be but they’re still head and shoulders above us. We lost 14-2 on aggregate to them this season. You don’t close that gap with the constant rebuilding jobs we keep needing to do. Trust me closing the gap is the best we can hope for this season, with a view to going again the season after - providing that’s not another rebuild situation. 

No they aren't head and shoulders above us when we turn up, which hopefully SG will ensure that we turn up in every game.

14 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Please don’t expect Gerrard to win the league in the coming season. You’re setting yourself up for a fall. Getting closer to them in terms of points and taking points off them is success in his first year in my opinion. 

Unless they strengthen significantly, failing to run them to the wire at least should be viewed as failure.

To finish within a dozen points of them this season, given our abject home record and complete cowardice in the head-to-heads would suggest that merely being competent should get the gap down to a couple of points.

I actually expect Gerrard to be better than competent, so I'm going to go ahead and believe.