1st of June approaches

backup

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

They are currently better than us in every department. People need to reign in there expectations. We still have a terrible board and a huge change in playing staff required. The last two games were an absolute abomination, I don’t know how you can expect us to even consider winning the league given our current circumstances. It’s a completely unrealistic expectation of the new manager in his first season. 

I expect it as you say, because I was brought up in the traditions of The Rangers being second to none, I will adhere to that belief, you settle for whatever it is you settle for.

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

They are currently better than us in every department. People need to reign in there expectations. We still have a terrible board and a huge change in playing staff required. The last two games were an absolute abomination, I don’t know how you can expect us to even consider winning the league given our current circumstances. It’s a completely unrealistic expectation of the new manager in his first season. 

Agree totally and wish you luck with that viewpoint on here.

Just now, backup said:

I expect it as you say, because I was brought up in the traditions of The Rangers being second to none, I will adhere to that belief, you settle for whatever it is you settle for.

I completely agree. Those are the expectations we were all brought up on but due to our financial plight, complete mismanagement on and off the field we find ourselves in a situation where we have to adjust our expectations. We all can’t wait to get back to being the dominant force but we are currently nowhere near it. Setting expectations to win the league is crazy because it just leads to disappointment in the manager when actually most level headed people will realise that pumping them a few times and getting closer to them is a very fucking good start for his tenure. We can’t simply expect to win the league anymore because we are Rangers, we’ve got so much work to do on and off the field to catch up with them. 

4 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Agree totally and wish you luck with that viewpoint on here.

Do you know what mate our fans aren’t stupid, I think most people realise we are way off it at the moment. I don’t know how anybody that has watched us week in/week out as well as observing the shite that we have to put up with with our board can expect us to challenge next season. Possibly the season after if we have a good year this year. 

43 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

I'll give Gerrard my full support and even allow a grace period to let him get settled. 

But if come end of October and there's no signs of improvement, put my name at the top of the crackpot list. 

Jeez thats a short grace period. 

No idea what to expect. Rightly, just now our attention is on what players were looking to attract and the squad we're trying to build. But even if we exceed expectation in that regard, this is our managers first season coaching a first team. We could blow teams away or be an absolute car crash again, even if we assemble a team worthy of winning the league on paper. 

Wasn't really in favour of bringing in an inexperienced coach but, now he's here, I'm more than willing to be patient and give him a chance. He literally just has to come in and not get beaten by a team of amateurs from Luxembourg to be an upgrade on his predecessor - so, in that respect, I'm optimistic. 

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Rangers Football Club 

Nothing but 1st place is a success, and I don’t care much for the aye but look where we were 5 years ago mob. This will be our 3rd year back in the top division, time to bring the trophy home, no excuses.

Tarriers are pish really, make few good signings in the right places and good management then we’ll be on our way.  

This 100%

43 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Please don’t expect Gerrard to win the league in the coming season. You’re setting yourself up for a fall. Getting closer to them in terms of points and taking points off them is success in his first year in my opinion. 

We finished 12 points behind them, having lost too them 3 times. Aberdeen were 9 points off them having lost too us 3 times.

I think our complete and utter meltdown after the 3-2 at Ibrox has distorted most people's interpretation of last season. With the right changes and investment in the summer there is absolutely no reason we can't win it this season, that's why so many are unhappy we've gambled on a rookie manager. We were 2 wins away from being joint top in the final round of fixtures, and finished top scorers in the league. If we're going to invest big, which rumours suggest we are, there's no way this season should be another foregone conclusion for them.  

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

My expectation is that many of the crackpots on here will have turned against him by October.

So If we get pumped in every old firm game and so far off point the leagues effectively over, then you’d be a crackpot for calling for him to go? What if he’s another Pedro? 

All your posts (literally every one I see) is you just coming onto threads and calling people pricks or crackpots or whatever rather than making remotely interesting points or a willingness to debate 

the superfan act is tiresome 

Shades of AlBear about you 

I'm still undecided now that the fanfare has died down a bit.

The hope is that he attracts some big signings and challenges for the title but part of me is expecting these "marquee" signings to go the same way Kranjcar etc have done and Gerrard will probably be off before the end of the season once he realises the budget he's been promised won't materialise.