1st of June approaches

backup

As the man himself said, win games.

I expect us to have a much tougher team physically and mentally and I expect us to be winning our home games.

Whether that takes us close to the summit or not I think that’s what we can expect in the first season.

3 hours ago, backup said:

SG's tenure begins next Friday, are people expecting major upheavals straight away or a quiet settling in period.

What are your minimal expectations for the coming season, or do we simply play it by ear.

I am really expecting a serious challenge for the title and hopefully winning it, can SG have the Souness effect, I really hope so.

I expect the board to let us believe we are buying players which we aren't or have no chance of getting, our team will be mostly the same garbage from the previous season with a few loans from Liverpool who won't exactly get the 

blood pumping before they head back down to Anfield, dross like Halliday and Holt will still be hanging around like a bad smell because only our board are dumb enough to hand them a contract. A few thing tossed in from the board 

to distract us about shit things are. Gerrard will get pissed of just half way into the season and piss of, will release story telling us he was promised all sorts of shit only to get here and find out our board is a clusterfuck and doesn't 

know its arse from its elbow. 

Depends on how much the board back SG . If we can get 3 or 4 quality signings , a couple of decent loans and , just as importantly , SG and his team instilling a greater belief and stronger mentality into the current players , then id expect us to be there or thereabouts . 

Like most I’m hoping for miracles but not expecting them.  

Hopefully we can just go out & do as well as we possibly can in every game, with a better standard of player, sensible formation & above all a stronger more focussed mindset akin to a professional football team then I for one will be happy.  

Additionally, re this use of this  ‘finish/aim for 2nd’ phrase, to me it’s became so commonly used by the club it’s became almost rhetoric.   How about just saying we hope to finish as high as we possibly can ? 

fuck knows. he could be just what we need but at the same time it could be a total fuck up. the guy hasn't proven himself in management so it's any cunts guess what will happen.

i hope he has what it takes and leads us to win #55 but i'll take it a game at a time. he has my full support.

im not getting my hopes up, im feeling positive but not going to get ahead of myself.

Hopefully the deadwood will be cleared quickly and we start settling in in perperation for Europe. I dont have high hopes for europe i just want to see signs of improvement 

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Out of interest which department are we better than them in? 

Up front we’re the best in the country by a distance. They’re about to spend 7 mill on a guy who has 11 goals in 29 appearances and the media are having a wankfest over. 

We also have the best RB in the country. Says more about the quality of the league but we still have it. 

I really don’t think we’re far away. The majority of us have said for a while now we need 5 quality additions to the first 11, our problem is we trusted Warburton and Pedro to do that

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Scoring goals in the league

Fair one. I don’t think any of our strikers would get in their team though from a goal scoring pint of view. We’ve obviously shared the goals round the team well this year. Tav has contributed as has Candeias.