Should we already be worried if this is true.

backup

1 hour ago, feda16 said:

If his consistency improves hes the potential to be the best attacking midfielder in the league. Last season goals/assists ratio shows this

Windass never is or ever will be a midfielder. 

You have to run and tackle for that job. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Should be worried that we may keep an experienced player who is shite sometimes? this is what your most worried about despite the fact we have a new manager with zero experience coming in?

fuck me...........

I believe you miss the essence of the OP.

I can't stand Windass. He thinks he's so much better and so much more important to Rangers than he really is. 

I don't think Gerrard "persuading" him to stay will do much to improve his already poor attitude. 

Personally I'd rather he and his pals "Tav" and "Wes" would all fuck off back to lower league football in England. 

25 minutes ago, backup said:

I believe you miss the essence of the OP.

if the OP thinks that gerrard assuming he can convert windass into a consistent player is a worry then he needs to open his eyes to the bigger picture and that wee worry will become inconsequential. .

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

if the OP thinks that gerrard assuming he can convert windass into a consistent player is a worry then he needs to open his eyes to the bigger picture and that wee worry will become inconsequential. .

The bigger picture is who is making these judgements, align windass with the skrtel fiasco/denials does not make for good reading or instill confidence with decisions being made at the club.   

51 minutes ago, gsa said:

I can't stand Windass. He thinks he's so much better and so much more important to Rangers than he really is. 

I don't think Gerrard "persuading" him to stay will do much to improve his already poor attitude. 

Personally I'd rather he and his pals "Tav" and "Wes" would all fuck off back to lower league football in England. 

You do realise the two teams that are apparently interested in him are premier league teams, don’t you?

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You do realised the two teams that are apparently interested in him are premier league teams, don’t you?

If he's not fully committed then we take advantage of this interest.

I don't think Gerrard should be trying to convince him to stay.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You do realised the two teams that are apparently interested in him are premier league teams, don’t you?

Oh okay. That changes everything. I like him and wish he'd stay.

In all seriousness there's no doubt he has ability and some natural physical gifts. Personally, I don't think he makes the most of them and again personally, I just don't like him or his attitude. 

There isn't a single player in the squad i'd be particularly sorry to see leave. 

Granted he has hibden is most big matches and that his attitude at times is questionable. 

But he still scored 18 goals or something for us last season and that can’t go unnoticed. Alrtgough goals came against lower ranked teams it’s still goals hat we needed to win matches and it’s goals that 2/3 years ago we could not even buy. 

This player is only going to get better under SG. Do I think he is the standard that we need to compete NO..... but do I think there is a place for him in our team and that we have bigger problems that need sorted first YES.

People will trot out he same old "there's a player in there and all you need is a decent manager to get it out of them". We've heard this a million times in relation to many players at many clubs and very few of them actually end up succeeding, mainly because he player himself also has to have a desire and attitude to want to improve, and i just don't think Josh really cares that much. 

The way I see it is....If Stevie G wants to keep him, then he is the manager so we get behind his choices.

He scored a bunch of goals in arguably one of the worst Rangers teams in history,  imagine what he could do with  good team around him.

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

That's what Gerrard was in his early career, he then had a stint as a no10 when torres was the lone striker. Windass should/could learn loads from him.

Hes Steven Gerrard not Steven God. Just because he was a decent player doesnt mean he can turn anyone into a replica of himself. I doubt he could with anyone tbh.