Should we already be worried if this is true.

backup

19 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Hes Steven Gerrard not Steven God. Just because he was a decent player doesnt mean he can turn anyone into a replica of himself. I doubt he could with anyone tbh.

Managers always go on ego trips and think they are 'the one' who can finally focus a player and get the best out of them, then they fail and the player is shipped out to another club with another egotistical manager who thinks he can do the same. This is why you always see so many arsehole EPL players bouncing from club to club on big wages.

He scores a great goal at the start of the last OF game at Ibrox, then did literally not a single thing after that. I remember jokingly thinking at the time right we can sub him now. With hindsight that would actually have been the best thing to do. 

He's a shadow of the quality we had of yesteryear, but sadly for us all he's currently "good enough" to be at the club. Would rather see the back of him but realistically we can't ditch the entire team. 

The bottom line is that no player should ever have to be convinced to stay at The Rangers, if they are not committed without coaxing they should be nowhere near The Rangers.

I can imagine the reaction of Captain Cutlass or Big Corky to the coaxing nonsense.

20 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think the boy is a total bellend but it's hard to argue he isn't one of the better players in the current group. 

Gerrard however is no fool if windass thinks he can disappear in games and remain in the 1st team he will be in for a shock. 

This. ?

50 minutes ago, backup said:

The bottom line is that no player should ever have to be convinced to stay at The Rangers, if they are not committed without coaxing they should be nowhere near The Rangers.

I can imagine the reaction of Captain Cutlass or Big Corky to the coaxing nonsense.

Not true, it would almost certainly be manager dependent, the last two being clowns. He wanted to leave, now he might want to stay. At the end of the day, to progress, we must strengthen the weakest areas of the pitch, Windass isn't the weakest player at Rangers. There are plenty other dud players we should be looking to offload before Windass.

1 hour ago, backup said:

Mate you honestly saying real or barca swoop in for one of our players they wouldn't be planning on going there? Deluded if you think otherwise. 

No doubt about it the boy is a plank, but he is capable of a moment of magic in a match, just not often enough and seems to have a stinking attitude to boot. 

I’m on the fence with this one, if he goes than adios, hopefully we pick up a decent fee with the money going into SG kitty,  if he stays then its over to Gerrard and the coaching staff to try and install the right mentality in him and get him performing more consistently and for the full 90 minutes. If he doesn’t improve then I’m sure he’ll be gone soon enough. 

I think the talent is there but maybe the brain is missing... 

25 minutes ago, Weird_Beard said:

Not true, it would almost certainly be manager dependent, the last two being clowns. He wanted to leave, now he might want to stay. At the end of the day, to progress, we must strengthen the weakest areas of the pitch, Windass isn't the weakest player at Rangers. There are plenty other dud players we should be looking to offload before Windass.

What's not true, both CC and BK would have pinned him to the wall, what Davie Meiklejohn would have done doesn't bear thinking about! 

The 4lads blog are usually quite spot on with their info but David Edgar on this one reckons they might have it wrong and he will probably be away.

i would say then nobody is 100% sure who Gerrard wants/doesn’t.

if it was up to me I’d take £3mil and and drive josh down to England myself 

Gerrard will be going on goals scored probably. As others have said he can’t replace the full squad so maybe sees Windass as an important squad member moving forward.

Someone needs to send him a link to Josh’s social media accounts though and he won’t be long in changing his mind. They boy’s an arsehole, if any of us went on social media and argued with our employer’s customers we would be disciplined.

The boy must have mild learning disabilities or something as surely no one can be that thick.

6 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Mate you honestly saying real or barca swoop in for one of our players they wouldn't be planning on going there? Deluded if you think otherwise. 

There are players and then there are players who would give all to play for The Rangers, seems many (supporters included)do not adhere to that quintessential tenet of all things The Rangers. I will stick with the standards I was raised with and those of Jimmy Millar.

“When a chap loses his heart to an ideal, there’s no going back. It grows and grows within him, growing stronger as the years slip past.
That is why, when people ask: “Would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?” my answer comes off my lips as though from a tape recorder:
“I don’t care where I play so long as I wear the Rangers colours.”

(Jimmy Millar)

3 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Gerrard will be going on goals scored probably. As others have said he can’t replace the full squad so maybe sees Windass as an important squad member moving forward.

Someone needs to send him a link to Josh’s social media accounts though and he won’t be long in changing his mind. They boy’s an arsehole, if any of us went on social media and argued with our employer’s customers we would be disciplined.

The boy must have mild learning disabilities or something as surely no one can be that thick.

No wonder, he’ll send a tweet about boxing or his back and he’ll get mongos tweeting abuse it him. A don’t particularly care about people tweeting stuff at players but when they canny take it back it’s embarrassing

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

No wonder, he’ll send a tweet about boxing or his back and he’ll get mongos tweeting abuse it him. A don’t particularly care about people tweeting stuff at players but when they canny take it back it’s embarrassing

I agree they are wallopers of the highest order and deserve the abuse they get from other Bears for it, he shouldn’t be getting involved though. 

Walter Smith amd Graeme Souness would boot his stones for it, it’s not professional behaviour.

The idiots who tweet him the abuse probably couldn’t find Ibrox with a sat-nav.

30 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

if he stays then its over to Gerrard and the coaching staff to try and install the right mentality in him 

I think the talent is there but maybe the brain is missing... 

There be the challenge I think. The ability to improve is highly questionable as learning isn’t really his thing, coupled with being a bottle merchant  

Will say this though,  I hope he goes (more so we get decent money for him) however he has years to run in his contract so unless he’s very much wanted and has handed in a transfer request he needs zero persuading. 

I’m not buying that tweet at all tbh and think it serves no positive purpose as gives the impression SG is pandering to him when it’s actaully a sharp fucking reality check the boy needs - honestly, he just might improve if he gets that. 

2 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Hes Steven Gerrard not Steven God. Just because he was a decent player doesnt mean he can turn anyone into a replica of himself. I doubt he could with anyone tbh.

The advice from 1 of the best midfielders in his generation will be more beneficial than the training and advice from the last 3 managers. There's potential with windass and I'm sure Gerrard wants to see if he can develop him. We all know his weaknesses but if he has scored a lot of goals and assisted in an inconsistent season then I'm more than happy for Gerrard to try and get the best out of him. If after a few weeks he doesn't rate him then I'm sure he'll sell.

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

He scores a great goal at the start of the last OF game at Ibrox, then did literally not a single thing after that. I remember jokingly thinking at the time right we can sub him now. With hindsight that would actually have been the best thing to do. 

He's a shadow of the quality we had of yesteryear, but sadly for us all he's currently "good enough" to be at the club. Would rather see the back of him but realistically we can't ditch the entire team. 

Great post 

My opinion is 

If most of these losers are still around next season .It will negate any real enthusiasm I'm having for next season