5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I thought Dorrans would do well even Alves even before that Barton as well all came with a lot of plaudits none impressed me.  

I don't think the players signed even come close to the pedigree those players mentioned did.

Pedigree isn't everything though mate, we need players who still have the hunger and desire to do well and not players who think they have done it all.

Dorrans has been a shockingly poor signing imo albeit injuries haven't helped his cause.

33 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Gerrard is making the mistake most managers do coming to Scotland think they can sign very average players and do well.

He might be making a mistake but it’s not that he’s thinking he’s signing a very average player that can do well. Rightly or wrongly he thinks he’s signing a very good player.  

36 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Pedigree isn't everything though mate, we need players who still have the hunger and desire to do well and not players who think they have done it all.

Dorrans has been a shockingly poor signing imo albeit injuries haven't helped his cause.

I think posters are getting hyped up about the signings and the Manager who has no experience in management but who we all hope does well need to temper expectation.

We always spoil it every season by actually playing games we are a fine team when bullshitting the media.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Only as back up, no way he should be replacing Tav. 

He'll be fighting John for the left back spot although he'd be cover for Tavernier aswell. 

• Like 2

We’ve been enjoying a lot of Really good PR recently, if we sign this guy then all that work will be ruined.

Injury prone and i’d  imagine he’ll be on a decent whack for him to be signed as a back up player.

• Like 1

If he's coming in as cover as a replacement for Hodson then fine but if he's coming in to be first choice then no thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Sorry but this is Rangers. Wife beaters need not apply. Gerrard’s first mistake if this guy comes in. Apart from not being Rangers class, this just gives our enemies another stick to beat us with.

Next.

And they are clean of all misdemeanours themselves? No fucker in Scotland can criticise Rangers signings without first looking in the mirror. If SG wants him and if he is a big improvement then it makes sense. We stopped listening to all those hating fuckers years ago.

• Like 2

Declan and Flanagan on the left 🙃

If hes good enough for SG hes fukin good enough for me

Questionable character but would probably do ok for us.

At this point all we can do is trust Gerrard’s judgement and he clearly rates him highly.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

I thought Dorrans would do well even Alves even before that Barton as well all came with a lot of plaudits none impressed me.  

I don't think the players signed even come close to the pedigree those players mentioned did.

I think the big difference is that those players were older and coming to the end of their careers, whereas our recent signings are younger and at least in theory still to reach their peak.

Pedigree matters very little, if the hunger to play and improve isn't there anymore.

6 minutes ago, shaka said:

I think the big difference is that those players were older and coming to the end of their careers, whereas our recent signings are younger and at least in theory still to reach their peak.

Pedigree matters very little, if the hunger to play and improve isn't there anymore.

It could be but none of the players brought in seem to be of a high standard for me I would rather sign four quality players every season over 10 journeymen, Plus bring in young up and coming players who has shown promise. 

I think Gerrard thinking the leagues shite here he can sign anyone and get away with it.

I wouldn't want us to sign him to be truthful but will trust Gerrard on this and who knows he's trying to rebuild his reputation so he might not ask for a lot in terms of wages and will be highly motivated to succeed.  Still an awkward signing due to what he's done and not someone I would really want at the club.

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

I wouldn't want us to sign him to be truthful but will trust Gerrard on this and who knows he's trying to rebuild his reputation so he might not ask for a lot in terms of wages and will be highly motivated to succeed.  Still an awkward signing due to what he's done and not someone I would really want at the club.

Is he not also injury prone plus a scumbag seventy games in eight years at Liverpool.

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

It could be but none of the players brought in seem to be of a high standard for me I would rather sign four quality players every season over 10 journeymen, Plus bring in young up and coming players who has shown promise.

The quality players mentioned would've been massively beyond our budget at their peak, so the club has a choice either sign those players when they are past their best which they've tried and it failed.  Players like Kranjcar and Alves were quality players at their peak but what we got was a shadow of that level.  The alternative is to sign players with potential and gamble that you sign them before they become top quality.  This is what we're trying to do now and we have to hope the scouting is up to scratch, so the guys we sign do actually go on to become successful with us.  The advantage is that we can make money by selling these guys on, while the first lot have already cost us money to release.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

Is he not also injury prone plus a scumbag seventy games in eight years at Liverpool.

I don't know about his injury record but a lot of good players struggle to get games for Liverpool.  He does sound like a scumbag but Gerrard knows him and maybe he thinks he deserves a second chance.  We don't know what impact that moment had on his life, he might be really contrite and trying to live a better life or he could still just be a vile human....

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Gerrard thinking the leagues shite here he can sign anyone and get away with it.

Who are you expecting exactly? 

Spending £3m on a premier league centre back is a big deal for us as is spending £2m on an unknown Croatian for that matter. That's probably as big a deal as we can expect when it comes to transfer fees. 

I'm not sure what you expect for the money we can offer. 

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

I don't know about his injury record but a lot of good players struggle to get games for Liverpool.  He does sound like a scumbag but Gerrard knows him and maybe he thinks he deserves a second chance.  We don't know what impact that moment had on his life, he might be really contrite and trying to live a better life or he could still just be a vile human....

Whatever he does to try and get on with his life, you can be sure in this shithole the press will be digging up all the dirt, aided and abetted by the message boards and bloggers.  He won't be given any peace or any opportunity to "move on" with his life.  I hope he realises that and can deal with it...if not we could be buying a big problem.

• Like 1

It's a no from me. I get that not everyone can be a paragon of virtue. But if they are tainted before they come to us, we shouldn't be interested.

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’ve been enjoying a lot of Really good PR recently, if we sign this guy then all that work will be ruined.

Injury prone and i’d  imagine he’ll be on a decent whack for him to be signed as a back up player.

He probably was on a relative decent whack, but can he still command that after what he did? 

Cons: Battered his burd, has an Irish background, hasn’t played to a high standard recently

Pros: Logically, he’d relish a big chance like this under SG, hes on a free, would create competition in the squad

Having a medical apparently 

If it comes to bolstering the squad then he is a better option than Hodson.