2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Lionel Greig, mitigating, said the incident was short but unpleasant.

He said Flanagan was not proud of what had happened and had not enjoyed the "negative press intrusion" following it.

He added: "He deeply regrets his behaviour and there is genuine remorse."

Mr Greig said both parties were under the influence of alcohol at the time and there was no suggestion there had been any previous violence in the relationship.

He said: "They are back together and working very hard at the relationship and supporting one another."

District Judge Wendy Lloyd sentenced him on Wednesday to the 12-month community order, which will include 15 rehabilitation activity days, 40 hours of unpaid work, £85 costs and an £85 victim surcharge.

She said: "You are, of course, a young man of previous good character and therefore it's undoubtedly sad that you have brought yourself here by your behaviour."

If we can sign Barton, we can sign this guy.

Everyone’s going to have differing opinions on it 

I’ll cringe like fuck any time he gets a cheer at Ibrox but in a footballing sense hopefully he can at least do us and the gaffer a turn to pay us back for giving him a chance 

I just can’t see how he’s worth the trouble 

If he comes in and plays great then great but it won't make up for what he did, if he's shite he'll be hounded anyway. 

Just now, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Everyone’s going to have differing opinions on it 

I’ll cringe like fuck any time he gets a cheer at Ibrox but in a footballing sense hopefully he can at least do us and the gaffer a turn to pay us back for giving him a chance 

I just can’t see how he’s worth the trouble 

Guys like Kluivert and Marcos Alonso have done even worse shite yet everybody conveniently forgets about the stuff they've done because of their talent, if Flanagan is any good I think people will forget about what he's done in the past, that's the fickle nature of football.

In any case we're damned if we do and damned if we don't in this country so fuck what anybody else thinks tbh

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Guys like Kluivert and Marcos Alonso have done even worse shite yet everybody conveniently forgets about the stuff they've done because of their talent, if Flanagan is any good I think people will forget about what he's done in the past, that's the fickle nature of football.

In any case we're damned if we do and damned if we don't in this country so fuck what anybody else thinks tbh

Nah he’ll still be a scumbag bastard no matter what he does on the park.

Is this definitely on then?  If so I'm disgusted tbh, where's our moral standards ? He's as bad as mad Stan and should be nowhere near our club.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Is this definitely on then?  If so I'm disgusted tbh, where's our moral standards ? He's as bad as mad Stan and should be nowhere near our club.

Bet you've had a few slaps in your time 🤽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Smile said:

But beating up women is okay.

Who say that? The guy done wrong and IMO should be given another chance that is all. He has a conviction for assault lets no try and make a bigger thing out of it. At the same time I understand those that are against it because of that

Cunts taking the moral high ground here, aye it was a scumbag horrendous crime, but you can’t cheer Gazza & moan about Flanagan. On ability I remember him being good a few years ago, if he comes here which looks likely and helps us win the league then that’s all I care about. His name is a problem though can we call him J ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Bet you've had a few slaps in your time 🤽‍♂️

No

22 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Easy to say now, if he ends up doing well here I can see a few changing their tune.

Also, I assume you would be fine with calling Gascoigne a "scumbag bastard" then?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

No

This comes as a great surprise to me tbh

The young chap appears unable to take advice even while earning £28k a week it would appear.

"My dad used to play here but he got let go when he was a scholar," says Flanagan Jr. "He told me about the mistakes that he'd made and admitted that he maybe hadn't had the right attitude. His message was that he didn't want the same thing to happen to me, that he'd missed his chance and he didn't want me to miss mine. That was a big thing for me because I was able to listen to that advice and take it into training".

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

I’ve seen all good people turn their heads each day, so satisfied I’m on my way.  Yes! 

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

I’ve seen all good people turn their heads each day, so satisfied I’m on my way.  Yes! 

Wondrous stories, no doubt😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Wondrous stories, no doubt😉

Aye, from Starship troopers, no doubt !

9 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

When was the last time you saw this guy play? I’m not disputing your opinion on Tav but how can you possibly compare him to Flanagan the guy has played 50 games in 8 years. 8. Years.

At least Tav is fit enough to fucking play. 

Mo Farahs a fit guy, wouldn’t have him in a Rangers shirt though. Taverniers shite and that’s it.

Scouse workmates opinion.

Flanagan, although not spectacular, does the basics very good. Solid defensively, held his own despite being young at the time. Can play on either side. 

Sounds like an improvement to me.

7 hours ago, Siwel said:

But it was fine for us to keep Gazza and cheer him after beating his wife? 

Hypocrisy is rife in here.

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Aye but that was Gazza 

21 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Didn’t have an opinion on that at the time, mainly cause I wasn’t alive.

• Like 1

We slag TLB, Mad Stan etc. This cunt is no better, disgrace our club are going to employ a proven woman beater. Having said that, she should have done what she was told.😛

Did we hammer Gaza when he was abusive to his wife? I guess the barometer for whether we get on our high horse or not is how world class they are. Double standard shite! Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future. 

• Like 1

Can’t say I’m impressed with this signing. He’s still a tarrier faced woman beater, I wonder if any other club would have wanted him if his mate Stevie hadn’t turned social worker?

10 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Didn’t have an opinion on that at the time, mainly cause I wasn’t alive.

But the club did. Which is more important.

12 hours ago, Bears&Reds said:

If you genuinely believe that you are going to be very disappointed, Declan John and Tav are far superior to him.

😂😂 get off the drugs mate. 

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

Mo Farahs a fit guy, wouldn’t have him in a Rangers shirt though. Taverniers shite and that’s it.

Scouse workmates opinion.

Flanagan, although not spectacular, does the basics very good. Solid defensively, held his own despite being young at the time. Can play on either side. 

Sounds like an improvement to me.

Shit, I have to wholeheartedly apologise, what a fool I’ve been. I didn’t realise you’d spoken to your scouse workmate.