Jump to content

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A couple of weeks ago it looked promising - Torres, Lucas, Skrtel, Wilson now it seems pretty shite tbh 

People only have themselves to blame if they thought those signings were in any way possible outside Wilson.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

People only have themselves to blame if they thought those signings were in any way possible outside Wilson.

I get that but it's still nice to be linked with big names regardless.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Good, we need strong characters in the squad.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I know I'm not saying we pay the reported figures, I'm just saying it was nice while it lasted as we now scout for EPL teams reserve youngsters and youths on loan. It's went damp squib, but you never know - tomorrow it can all change and we get linked with exciting names again. Keep saying it cos it's true but it will be a long summer with lots of ups and down's. I've just got this fear that Gerrard is happy to try and get something out these players instead of just getting them to fuck and might under-estimate the extent of what's needed. 

Gerrards not even in the door yet, I think the first league game  line up will be miles away from the 5-5 Hibs game, if we can pull in more players  = of Arfields quality we will be at last pointing the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Gerrards not even in the door yet, I think the first league game  line up will be miles away from the 5-5 Hibs game, if we can pull in more players  = of Arfields quality we will be at last pointing the right direction.

It's a bigger picture I'm thinking of though such as his comments about him wanting the players to realise what the clubs about and up their game (words to that effect) instead of showing them the door (which he might do when he's in and got going, granted) and allegedly saying to Windass he wants to build a team around him. If those are the case then be worried, nothing much wil change and expect more of the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's a bigger picture I'm thinking of though such as his comments about him wanting the players to realise what the clubs about and up their game (words to that effect) instead of showing them the door (which he might do when he's in and got going, granted) and allegedly saying to Windass he wants to build a team around him. If those are the case then be worried, nothing much wil change and expect more of the same. 

I have seen no quotes from SG regarding any players, if we are still hunting around youth players three weeks from now I might be concerned but McGregor/Arfield/Murphy are three steps the right way hopefully more of the same plus to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I have seen no quotes from SG regarding any players, if we are still hunting around youth players three weeks from now I might be concerned but McGregor/Arfield/Murphy are three steps the right way hopefully more of the same plus to follow.

There was an interview he done a couple of weeks ago talking about the players. It put the fear right up me that most of them would still be here. But willing to give him the summer to get the in's and out's, I'm just conscious of his comments. Maybe over-thinking it, hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There was an interview he done a couple of weeks ago talking about the players. It put the fear right up me that most of them would still be here. But willing to give him the summer to get the in's and out's, I'm just conscious of his comments. Maybe over-thinking it, hope so.

He’s probably just trying to keep everyone motivated etc. Plus that idea of wanting to assess them himself before papping them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flanagan - Scouser, knows Gerrard well, Liverpool wanting rid of him, probably no transfer fee aswell = link him with Rangers, i really hope there is nothing in this, I have watched probably every game he has played for Liverpool inc quite a few when he played in the U21's he is a really poor player, nowhere near good enough, i should also say he is on £28k a week at Liverpool!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Creampuff said:

He’s probably just trying to keep everyone motivated etc. Plus that idea of wanting to assess them himself before papping them out.

Yeah I know, I do get that hence why I said I might be over-thinking it but I just fear the worst when it comes to us as I strongly feel we need to gut them all out they've had too many chances under several managers and shown time and time again they can't be trusted. I hope he's just being diplomatic in the sense that if he says they've all to go, then he'd have the same problem Pedro had in that no-one would pay a going rate for them the other teams knew our hand from the off and worked it to their advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate sent me a link a few weeks ago saying we were linked with him and Solanke from Liverpool, cannie find it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

Flanagan - Scouser, knows Gerrard well, Liverpool wanting rid of him, probably no transfer fee aswell = link him with Rangers, i really hope there is nothing in this, I have watched probably every game he has played for Liverpool inc quite a few when he played in the U21's he is a really poor player, nowhere near good enough, i should also say he is on £28k a week at Liverpool!!!

He was touted as a future captain before his injury at Liverpool and was called up to the England squad. I don’t think he was as poor as you’re suggesting back then but I’ve not seen him since tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he looked pretty decent a few years back when he broke into the Liverpool team.

Oh and even if we sign him it doesn't change the fact that Stan Collymire is a woman beating jumped up prick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He only booted his bird up the arse. She could've been pishing in the street for all we know.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Folk going on about his off field antics, didn’t remember the clamour when Gazza was giving his wife black eyes. 

 

But he Was a good footballer 

also morality doesn’t really come into traits I feel relevant if people are competent footballers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don’t need the negative publicity his signing would bring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, wully said:

He only booted his bird up the arse

We’ve all been there tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue72 said:

We’ve all been there tbh

Not really, homosexuals like bp9 haven't for starters.

And guys like BA would just get their bodyguards to do it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Not really, homosexuals like bp9 haven't for starters.

And guys like BA would just get their bodyguards to do it.

 

Tbh it’s pretty transphobic to assume bp9 hasn’t had a girlfriend who identifies as male 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We don’t need the negative publicity his signing would bring.

We get negative publicity because we sell lots of season tickets. Somehow I don't think we're ever going to please the media in this country. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The media are just typing into google who has played with SG or who is close to SG or who has ever played with Liverpool and throwing it onto social media hoping it’ll stick. 

It’s going to be a long summer. We’re going to be linked with everyone from Flanagan to Jermaine Pennant and Vladimir Smicer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flanagan never fulfilled promise and by all accounts I’d pretty pish so naw 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Tbh it’s pretty transphobic to assume bp9 hasn’t had a girlfriend who identifies as male 

Possibly, but he is also a wimp who would be too scared to kick anycunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×