Dave king statement

KWBear

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairman-calls-for-second-independent-investigation/

Shots fired 

THE Club notes with concern the latest disclosure through the media regarding a business relationship which the Chairman of the SPFL has with leading shareholders of a fellow SPFL club.

This has given rise to allegations of non-disclosure and it is now imperative that we discover exactly the nature of the information supplied to the SPFL regarding this relationship.

It is equally important that any conflicts of interest, or even the perception of such, whereby positions within the Scottish football authorities could be undermined, or abused, must be aggressively rooted out of our game.

The SPFL, therefore, must immediately suspend its Chairman pending an independent investigation by a senior QC into the allegations and into the extent that other parties within the SPFL may have cooperated in this alleged non-disclosure. There is a clear prima facie case for this investigation.

Unfortunately for Scottish football, this incident immediately follows a similar call by myself for an independent non-executive director of the SFA to be suspended under similar circumstances. The credibility of Scottish Football in the minds of supporters and sponsors is at stake and urgent action is required. Transparency will be key to recovering the confidence of key stakeholders in Scottish football and this cannot be achieved if the SFA and/or the SPFL conduct internal investigations.

The SPFL and SFA must now appoint independent investigators. Scottish football is an important national asset and must have levels of probity and governance that are beyond reproach and that are transparently so.

Dave King
Chairman
29 May 2018

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad he is taking the fight to them but can’t help feeling that without consequences or threats thereof, he will just be laughed at and made a figure for parody. 

These statements should be coupled with “failure to do so shall result in an escalation to CAS” or some other such avenue for complaints  

oh and not to be a prick but can we have an @ for @bluepeter9

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He/we say nothing- that happens anyway

As well to come out fighting instead of being the beaten cur

I get that but unless we have any consequence Then it’s just whining. 

Edit: I am delighted we are on the offensive  just foresee that we have to be carrying a big stick and without the threat of consequences they will just ignore it 

17 minutes ago, KWBear said:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairman-calls-for-second-independent-investigation/

Shots fired 

THE Club notes with concern the latest disclosure through the media regarding a business relationship which the Chairman of the SPFL has with leading shareholders of a fellow SPFL club.

This has given rise to allegations of non-disclosure and it is now imperative that we discover exactly the nature of the information supplied to the SPFL regarding this relationship.

It is equally important that any conflicts of interest, or even the perception of such, whereby positions within the Scottish football authorities could be undermined, or abused, must be aggressively rooted out of our game.

The SPFL, therefore, must immediately suspend its Chairman pending an independent investigation by a senior QC into the allegations and into the extent that other parties within the SPFL may have cooperated in this alleged non-disclosure. There is a clear prima facie case for this investigation.

Unfortunately for Scottish football, this incident immediately follows a similar call by myself for an independent non-executive director of the SFA to be suspended under similar circumstances. The credibility of Scottish Football in the minds of supporters and sponsors is at stake and urgent action is required. Transparency will be key to recovering the confidence of key stakeholders in Scottish football and this cannot be achieved if the SFA and/or the SPFL conduct internal investigations.

The SPFL and SFA must now appoint independent investigators. Scottish football is an important national asset and must have levels of probity and governance that are beyond reproach and that are transparently so.

Dave King
Chairman
29 May 2018

I always had a wee soft spot for Dave King.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Glad this has been mentioned but we should have went after the SPFL a lot lot sooner than this, they are as corrupt as they come when it comes to how they deal with us 

Better late than never I suppose, didn't think he had the balls to try it but hats off to him for starting. Hopefully this is the ignition of picking the cunts apart one by one. We have to take this the full way or else it's a pointless exercise.

Archived