Pena in rehab

Some serious out of touch posts in this thread! Stop slagging Pena because he was offered a big money contract to sign. Why wouldn't he?

The outrage of blowing his nose on our shorts is an act in my opinion of somebody who although sober at the time is acting completely out of the norm due to his abuse of alcohol.

Living with family members who abuse alcohol I can see why Pena would do something like that without a care of consideration as he really doesn't care how his actions are percieved.I don't for a second condone his actions and as many others at the time vented my distain for what he did but for all we know inside hes climbing the walls. 

In my experience addicts do know they have a problem but are unable to express their issues due to being unfairly judged and drifting along in the assumption that things will get better in the future. They do have pride but they get  envelvoped with guilt, shame and withdrawal and their only escapism is the addiction they are trying to kick..addiction kicks in and the cycle repeats.

The reason he is in rehab is he obviously has an addiction problem.

The real vent of fury should be aimed at the incompetents that sanctioned this deal! What we need to have is  a full complement of people at boardroom level that are competent enough to do the due dillenge on future Rangers signings.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

FFS nothing. I lost my Mother to alcohol addiction when she was aged 46 so I'm aware of it ... fact of the matter is Pena is an absolute cunt for doing what he did - he was walking in with his agent to sign for Cruz Azul and he blew his nose on the badge on our shorts, he wasn't under the influence then or he wouldn't have passed the medicial. 

Some folk seem hell bent on trying to be good guys instead of just being honest. Get the fat, junkie Mexican bastard so far to fuck - he shown us or our club zero respect. 

Maybe he's even been found out and is doing it so legally he can keep earning almost 30k per week. Poor cunt indeed.

He didn't blow his nose on the badge at all.   Fake news.   I understand people being annoyed and or disappointed in his performances but he could easily have made a real show of disrespecting our Club.   You simply chose to see it that way at the time because you disliked him so much anyway.  

As for his contract, if he had personal issues which were known by his previous club and they failed to advise us then we could possibly have grounds to recoup our transfer fee.  Same goes for his agent.  I'd also be surprised if we didn't have a clause or clauses in our contract regarding such pre-existing issues.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

He didn't blow his nose on the badge at all.   Fake news.   I understand people being annoyed and or disappointed in his performances but he could easily have made a real show of disrespecting our Club.   You simply chose to see it that way at the time because you disliked him so much anyway.  

As for his contract, if he had personal issues which were known by his previous club and they failed to advise us then we could possibly have grounds to recoup our transfer fee.  Same goes for his agent.  I'd also be surprised if we didn't have a clause or clauses in our contract regarding such pre-existing issues.

He didn't blow his nose on the badge? what the hell was I seeing then? was it an edited video or something?

and you are actually wrong about my dislike for him, it was only from that moment on I took a dislike to him as I was saying then on here I would like to see him get a chance under a new manager i.e a fresh start so no idea where you get that stuff about the dislike for him? I was one of the few saying I'd like to see more of them even Herrera before judging. 

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

What you saw was exactly the same as everyone else but you chose to see that as wiping his nose on our shorts as a sign of disrespect.  Others such as myself saw it for what it was, a guy looking a bit embarrassed and holding a pair of shorts up to his face as he goes for a medical (hence the shorts).   The fact they happened to be our shorts with our badge on them suddenly became a stick to beat him with thanks to the anti-RFC media and people falling for the fake news story.

No you are 100% wrong, look at this video and the close up from the side view he is using the shorts holding them upto his nose and wiping and picking his nose with them. It's as obvious as the nose on the end of your face (pun half intended) ... if you don't see it that way fine, but don't say it's fake news, or I'm using it as a stick to beat him with - that's fucking ridiculous

We’ve not got the time or the luxury to sort this cunts problems oot. 

Sorry Pena but you should be dismissed for gross misconduct.

If he can’t sort himself out with the money he has already got then he doesn’t deserve to play the game.

Get tae fuck

22 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What you saw was exactly the same as everyone else but you chose to see that as wiping his nose on our shorts as a sign of disrespect.  Others such as myself saw it for what it was, a guy looking a bit embarrassed and holding a pair of shorts up to his face as he goes for a medical (hence the shorts).   The fact they happened to be our shorts with our badge on them suddenly became a stick to beat him with thanks to the anti-RFC media and people falling for the fake news story.

Naa, that’s just like, wow, I can’t even understand what you’re on about there tbh. 

Sorry but a contract is a two way street.

Our responsibility is to provide training, coaching and pay a salary.

His responsibility is to present himself at his place of work in an appropriate condition to undertake his duties. 

If he fails to make himself available due to his lifestyle, poor personal discipline, poor attitude, unwillingness to meet his responsibilities etc, then he is in breach of contract.

If anyone is concerned about how we will be perceived if we cut this waster loose, don’t be. Those that hate us will hate us anyway with or without another motive.

Get him to fuck.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Sorry but a contract is a two way street.

Our responsibility is to provide training, coaching and pay a salary.

His responsibility is to present himself at his place of work in an appropriate condition to undertake his duties. 

If he fails to make himself available due to his lifestyle, poor personal discipline, poor attitude, unwillingness to meet his responsibilities etc, then he is in breach of contract.

If anyone is concerned about how we will be perceived if we cut this waster loose, don’t be. Those that hate us will hate us anyway with or without another motive.

Get him to fuck.

I agree with this. We are not a charity and he has done nothing to warrant our full and unconditional support. We should be looking at breach of contract. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I agree with this. We are not a charity and he has done nothing to warrant our full and unconditional support. We should be looking at breach of contract. 

As his employer Rangers have to assist and help him as he has admitted he has a problem. We will have to follow the correct employment laws otherwise he’ll be able to claim unfair dismissal if we just sacked him.

1 minute ago, murzo said:

As his employer Rangers have to assist and help him as he has admitted he has a problem. We will have to follow the correct employment laws otherwise he’ll be able to claim unfair dismissal if we just sacked him.

Yes. Thats unfortunate.