Pena in rehab

As someone who has a close family member who is an alcoholic that wouldn't take the help I laid on a plate for them, I understand how devastating this can be for him and his family, so I wish him all the best on a personal level. However, on a professional level, they guy is a waster and I hope we can punt him sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Not picking a fight or bad mouthing Ricksen, but he was also one who had troubles with the bevy if you remember. 

Difference was that we were able to punt him on to someone else, where as I can’t see anyone being interested in Pena.

Your seriously out of line with that comparison ricksen gave 6 year of his life to Rangers, aye when we signed him he was what 23-24 doing daft young boy stuff Pena should be well over that stage of life, comparing ricksen to Pena is not only disrespectful it’s not even close, one enjoyed a drink an ones clearly An alkie bastard fs 

1 hour ago, FSM said:

It has been known that some people go into rehab purely so that they can get help with their addiction. Mental I know.

It's not mental at all.  Sometimes people go in to rehab for genuine help.  There are also times when a disingenuous person who is looking at dismissal from their job due to drugs and alcohol will enter in to something like rehab to strengthen their hand should a case for dismissal come to pass.  Pena doesn't strike me as being someone who regrets his behaviour but he does have a lot of money on the line.

34 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Heard on a podcast that he had one of the best goals to minutes ratios in the SPFL last season

I still maintain he should've played against celtic back in December.  Pena was averaging a goal a game prior to that Old Firm and given the amount of balls we were firing in to the box that day he could've got on the end of something.  Kranjcar hadn't featured for a long time and contributed absolutely nothing for about 80mins.  I honestly thought Kranjcar would've been hooked at half-time but in typical Murty fashion he failed to make a much needed change.

17 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Your seriously out of line with that comparison ricksen gave 6 year of his life to Rangers, aye when we signed him he was what 23-24 doing daft young boy stuff Pena should be well over that stage of life, comparing ricksen to Pena is not only disrespectful it’s not even close, one enjoyed a drink an ones clearly An alkie bastard fs 

Knew someone would act the white knight. Do you not remember why Ricksen was sacked, when he was 30 years old? 

Just now, FSM said:

Another RM fantasy figure plucked clean out of the air. 

It’s not though it’s been widely reported and Esk said himself that was the figure before it was reported when he went to Mexico and they were picking up half his wages at 15k 

people just disbelieve whatever makes them feel good on here be it a record or Sun story or reported wages paid 

36 minutes ago, TMB said:

It's not mental at all.  Sometimes people go in to rehab for genuine help.  There are also times when a disingenuous person who is looking at dismissal from their job due to drugs and alcohol will enter in to something like rehab to strengthen their hand should a case for dismissal come to pass.  Pena doesn't strike me as being someone who regrets his behaviour but he does have a lot of money on the line.

You know him personally do you?

Unless you know things for a fact then don't presume to try and push your conjecture onto everyone else as fact. Some amount of wee sweetie wives on here.

Just now, K.A.I said:

It’s not though it’s been widely reported and Esk said himself that was the figure before it was reported when he went to Mexico and they were picking up half his wages at 15k 

people just disbelieve whatever makes them feel good on here be it a record or Sun story or reported wages paid 

Esk has seen his contract? Esk has seen the terms of his loan deal? It's well known that in the absence of facts then people just fill the gaps with shite. This is the basis for most religions.

6 minutes ago, FSM said:

Unless you know things for a fact then don't presume to try and push your conjecture onto everyone else as fact. Some amount of wee sweetie wives on here.

He said he doesn’t strike him meaning it’s how he comes across to him - he didn’t imply he knows him anywhere there you are being wanky because you are in the minority over somecunt you obviously like 

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

Esk has seen his contract? Esk has seen the terms of his loan deal? It's well known that in the absence of facts then people just fill the gaps with shite. This is the basis for most religions.

He doesn’t have to see his contract - going on that logic, how do you know his names even Carlos Pena? Because the newspapers call him that? Have you seen his birth certificate?

how do you know he isn’t on 26k a week? Have you seen his contract?

5 minutes ago, FSM said:

Do you know him personally?  How do you know he genuinely wants help and is in rehab for the right reasons? 

I'll also add that I'm not passing my speculations of as fact, that's something you've just made up.  This is a discussion forum and I'm discussing the matter along with everyone else.  You're not the opinion Police :lol:

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He said he doesn’t strike him meaning it’s how he comes across to him - he didn’t imply he knows him anywhere there you are being wanky because you are in the minority over somecunt you obviously like 

Exactly.  I was sharing my opinion I didn't claim I knew anything for a fact.  He's babbling fucking nonsense :lol:

21 minutes ago, OhW said:

Knew someone would act the white knight. Do you not remember why Ricksen was sacked, when he was 30 years old? 

White knight ? why don’t you stop acting like a prick an take your head out yer arse.  

other players said he didn’t deserve binned for what he did an it was way over the top, McLeish also said he wouldn’t have treated him like that 

le guen was way out his depth an an one of the worst managers in our history he tried to make an example of Fernando an it was probably the start of his downfall that cost him his job

Just now, FSM said:

Actually, I can't be arsed now. I'll leave you pair of wee curtain twitchers to your hyperbole. :lol:

You've made a cunt of it so I'm not surprised you've chosen to throw in the towel.  Meanwhile, I'll continue to share my opinion that he's not entered in to rehab because he genuinely wants help.  

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

White knight ? why don’t you stop acting like a prick an take your head out yer arse.  

other players said he didn’t deserve binned for what he did an it was way over the top, McLeish also said he wouldn’t have treated him like that 

le guen was way out his depth an an one of the worst managers in our history he tried to make an example of Fernando an it was probably the start of his downfall that cost him his job

Pena and Ricksen both have/had troubles with alcohol. That's it. That's all that's being said.

Just now, Gman36 said:

FSM living up to his number one forum contrarian billing. 

I don't really care if the guy comes back or not, just fed up reading groundless pish on here. If you don't know for sure, don't pretend to know, simple.

Defo off for lunch now!