KingKirk

MOH and Alves wanted

It’s easy in hindsight to complain of Alves wages but cast your mind back to when he signed. That was a big signing and in theory it should have worked out fine. He should have been the mainstay of our central defence all season but between injury and utter chaos in the dressing room it just didn’t work out

its not a popular view but if we had settled on a first choice CH pairing of Alves and Cardoso we wouldn’t have done much worse over the course of the season

like others have said, with a stable management, a unified dressing room and with an injury free season he could still be an important player for us. 

That said, if we can replace him with a younger option for the same wages then cheerio

• Like 4

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

MoH needs to be driven away in a black taxi, never to be seen again.

Like he's leaving Eastenders?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

I will personally drive either or both wherever they want to go.

Upwards of 30k per week saved and two wasters on their way.

Just tell me where and when to pick them up👍

Save yourself a journey and just run them both down mate 

• Like 4

I'd keep Alves.

MOH on the other hand... If someone doesn't go fucking through him when he plays against us next season there should be protests. 

Unless it’s a club willing to pay MOHs full wage I’d let the bead rattling cunt rot in the reserves for 2 years 

Alves has some real strengths. He's probably the best header of the ball in any SPFL defence (excepting maybe Berra?) - and I still remember shitting myself every time a high ball came into the box with Kiernan and Wilson standing like statues. His calmness in possession and ability to pick a pass are also better than anything else we have had pretending to be a centre back for the last few years. By all means replace him with someone better - but don't discard him until the replacement has had his photo taken in front of the marble staircase, holding the scarf above his head.

MOH should f off, and when he gets there, f off again.

• Like 3

I would keep alves unless he's set on leaving.

MOH a part of me wants to let him rot in the reserves. But I'd rather we just got rid of him but I'd be looking to get as much out of Motherwell as possible.

If Alves has the right attitude then I would keep him especially if we are bringing in much younger CBs. Regarding MoH he has been trying to work his ticket , especially with the cup final incident. I would let him go for a fee and no payoff to him. If he looking for a payoff then I would let him sit in the stands and also train separately from the rest of the team for the remainder of his contract.

• Like 1

Looks like MOH was telling the truth when he said he was at cup final to watch Motherwell..

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Looks like MOH was telling the truth when he said he was at cup final to watch Motherwell..

In that case he deserves another chance and a clean slate under the new manager.

• Like 1

Only way we are getting rid of MOH without subsidising the wages is if English team comes in for him i.e Jack Ross at Sunderland.

Don't see why anyone would, he's chronic. 

All this shite about letting him rot in the reserves is comical. Hes been doing that for over two years and couldnt give two fucks , and will gladly sit another two years.

The papish bastard knows hes a financial drain on the club and is loving every minute of it.........

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Only way we are getting rid of MOH without subsidising the wages is if English team comes in for him i.e Jack Ross at Sunderland.

Don't see why anyone would, he's chronic. 

With what has happened to him he might finally be happy to leave for less money but the hope to get game time. As it stands it looks like another 2 years looking in.

hopefully he does as it has been a wasted wage...not as much as others but a waste none the same

If moh goes it has to be for a few aswell. He was player of the month in August so surely that counts for something. Gone are the days Rangers help clubs in Scotland. Even if you can’t get a half decent fee for him stick a massive sell on cause for him. So if he does change his attitude and a team come in for him we will get something 

I think Alves has conducted himself with remarkable dignity given that Martin has been selected. 

I think he is still a good defender in a siege, defending deep, picking a pass to counter. But his legs lack the pace to defend high up the park, in a back four with full backs pushing. Realistically that is how we need to play against 80% of the SPFL. In some ways, MoH is exactly the type that Alves can't contain on the break. 

As people have said, if he was on lower wages then keep him to give a back 3 option at Parkhead and in Europe but he is an expensive luxury at this point. 

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

With what has happened to him he might finally be happy to leave for less money but the hope to get game time. As it stands it looks like another 2 years looking in.

hopefully he does as it has been a wasted wage...not as much as others but a waste none the same

I think we will need to pay him something to go, he is on in excess of £400k a year I believe. Better to pay him a fraction of that and move him on, especially if any fee goes some way to cancelling it out. 

If we lose net £100-200k, I would take it but add 35% sell on clause. 

3 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'd keep Alves.

MOH on the other hand... If someone doesn't go fucking through him when he plays against us next season there should be protests. 

Halliday will sort him m8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

I think we will need to pay him something to go, he is on in excess of £400k a year I believe. Better to pay him a fraction of that and move him on, especially if any fee goes some way to cancelling it out. 

If we lose net £100-200k, I would take it but add 35% sell on clause. 

I would agree with the fee for him to leave but I would not imagine that you could then insert a sell on clause if he is in effect a free agent.

Teams like Motherwell and St.Johnstone can't afford MOH.  He's on £6k/week with us and those other clubs can't even come close to matching that.  If he does leave we'll be paying off the remainder of those wages I guarantee it.  

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Teams like Motherwell and St.Johnstone can't afford MOH.  He's on £6k/week with us and those other clubs can't even come close to matching that.  If he does leave we'll be paying off the remainder of those wages I guarantee it.  

I'd guess not all, but a large chunk. Something along the lines of he'll get 2k at Motherwell, we'll pay him off for the equivalent of 2k, such that both sides (us and OH) gain and lose something out of it. 

So I'd bet in effect he'll end up costing us a few hundred grand for a payoff.

12 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Everybody hates him, but under a manager who actually commands respects and in a system that helps to hide his lack of pace I still think Alves could do ok for us next season but if the chance to offload his wages seriously comes up we should take it.

People just jump on the bandwagon. 

He should've beeen used toward the end of the season. Murty preferring Martin tells you everything you need to know about his managerial ability. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bakbear said:

It’s easy in hindsight to complain of Alves wages but cast your mind back to when he signed. That was a big signing and in theory it should have worked out fine. He should have been the mainstay of our central defence all season but between injury and utter chaos in the dressing room it just didn’t work out

its not a popular view but if we had settled on a first choice CH pairing of Alves and Cardoso we wouldn’t have done much worse over the course of the season

like others have said, with a stable management, a unified dressing room and with an injury free season he could still be an important player for us. 

That said, if we can replace him with a younger option for the same wages then cheerio

It's the injuries that were the problem......I genuinely don't see how a year on it will be any different, he commands a heavy wage so I'd rather try and move him on and spend his wages a bit more wisely.